Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just now, snoochie1981 said:

Could Tool be the American act that Emily was referring to? With her apparent keenness to book GNR, I wonder whether she has a soft spot for early/mid 90s American rock/metal

To headline the Pyramid? Not in a month of Sundays, though I think a good percentage of punters would be delighted.

A few have talked them up as an Other headliner, but I'd be shocked if they'd even consider it.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Libertines sold the tickets to the small venue tour through their merch store, which didn't go too well as you can imagine. Good old Glastonbury style persistence paid off in the end though, got 2 for the Cavern

Somehow also managed to get tickets for Leeds. But yeah, what a disaster of a ticket sale.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

To headline the Pyramid? Not in a month of Sundays, though I think a good percentage of punters would be delighted.

A few have talked them up as an Other headliner, but I'd be shocked if they'd even consider it.

Tool would be one of the quietest pyramid headline crowds ever surely?

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

2004? My first day at Glasto. Remember it well. Wilco, The Walkmen in the "new" bands tent, back to the Pyramid and saw some of Nelly before having to go and queue for the cash machine for an hour up where the entrance to the Park is now listening to Badly Drawn Boy on the Other.

I experienced that Nelly Furtado set from within one of the turdises that used to be at the crossroads at the top of the field having a difficult few minutes. All I can do is try? Same mate, same

2 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

Is this a standing venue?

Treptow-Koepenick%20(9)%20Wuhlheide_c_To

Standing on the floor and bench seating around the sides. Usually all general admission. Lovely setting in the middle of forest, plenty of places to chill near the venue, a fountain, it's an awesome place. 

5 hours ago, snoochie1981 said:

Could Tool be the American act that Emily was referring to? With her apparent keenness to book GNR, I wonder whether she has a soft spot for early/mid 90s American rock/metal

It would be awesome but sadly no!

5 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Def not Pointo. Can definitely see them doing Other though - especially as the tour finishes the day before the fest starts and they’re free for the entirety. We can hope (or at least, I can!)

5 hours ago, snoochie1981 said:

I was thinking Other - Sat or Sun could work with their current tour dates

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

44 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Bit weird that Tool are playing seated gigs, no? I saw they were doing it last year and found it strange then, they're hardly listened to by exclusively pensioners

Seeing Tool is just as much about the visuals nowadays as well as the music. I’d prefer to stand but that’s what they do. I don’t argue, as they are the kings

1 hour ago, Dark Star said:

Treptow-Koepenick%20(9)%20Wuhlheide_c_To

Standing on the floor and bench seating around the sides. Usually all general admission. Lovely setting in the middle of forest, plenty of places to chill near the venue, a fountain, it's an awesome place. 

This similar to the Walbuhne near the Olympic Stadium that Green Day are doing?

36 minutes ago, charlierc said:

This similar to the Walbuhne near the Olympic Stadium that Green Day are doing?

Similar in so far as it's an outdoor amphitheatre, this one is built up rather than built onto the side of a hill. 
Wuhlheide was built after WW2, Waldbuhne was built by the Nazis as a thingspeile.

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Libertines sold the tickets to the small venue tour through their merch store, which didn't go too well as you can imagine. Good old Glastonbury style persistence paid off in the end though, got 2 for the Cavern

My friends were trying for tickets to their Milton Keynes show (I don't know the songs well so wasn't giving it a shot) and they got their tickets but had a bit of a nightmare getting it over the line.