Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

8 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I always look down the Setlist.fm pages for a Thirty Seconds to Mars show and it's always crammed with notes like:

Ext. bridge

Fans screaming on stage

False outro

Buy Bitcoin Weetabix

And so on.

I've just got to assume it's more stop-start than an old Alfa Romeo.

Look I have no problem with us beefing with 30 Seconds of Shat but let’s lay off the Alfas

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I always look down the Setlist.fm pages for a Thirty Seconds to Mars show and it's always crammed with notes like:

Ext. bridge

Fans screaming on stage

False outro

Buy Bitcoin Weetabix

And so on.

I've just got to assume it's more stop-start than an old Alfa Romeo.

Sounds not unlike the Green Day show I saw at Emirates Stadium 10 years ago

18 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

Alternatively they could headline 2 consecutive nights with 2 different sets. I can’t see any reason why this couldn’t happen. 

Lets not.

If they want 2 hours and agree with the fee they will get 2 hours i reckon.

2 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

Alternatively they could headline 2 consecutive nights with 2 different sets. I can’t see any reason why this couldn’t happen. 

that would be bloody excellent to be fair. God knows they have the material to do that. Although they are a bit niche for the average festival goer I'd likely end up going to both nights no matter who was on!

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Lets not.

If they want 2 hours and agree with the fee they will get 2 hours i reckon.

their set pushes 2 hours usually, around 1h50 I'd guess when I saw them at the O2 in 22. If they play, I'd want a full set. None of that 90 min pack as much in as possible and miss out intros etc bullshit like when I saw them at Download 2019

7 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Did anyone go for Green Day tickets? £125 for front standing at Wembley is not unexpected but mad!. £110 at Manchester isn't great. I'll wait until later for Pitch Standing/unreserved A/B as these sections are right at the rear. I won't get lucky like I did got Liam to stand in the wrong bit and the seat not be claimed 

Lots of tickets for The Killers and Arctic Monkeys popped up at reduced fees on Twickets before the show days. Maybe I'll wait for then.

Either that or go to a show outside the UK as part of a holiday.

7 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Was their 2017 Pyramid sub-head set that bad?

It wasn’t the train wreck it’s often talked of, but they made some weird choices, playing a lot of new unheard material and leaving out a bunch of their more well known songs. Tbh they were in a tricky spot either way because most of that crowd were just there to get a space for Foos and couldn’t give a f**k so I don’t think it would’ve made a difference even if they played a ‘hits’ set. 

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

It wasn’t the train wreck it’s often talked of, but they made some weird choices, playing a lot of new unheard material and leaving out a bunch of their more well known songs. Tbh they were in a tricky spot either way because most of that crowd were just there to get a space for Foos and couldn’t give a f**k so I don’t think it would’ve made a difference even if they played a ‘hits’ set. 

In a more recent interview (can't remember who with), the band themselves said they don't think they made the most of the slot, and I guess being between two crowd-pleasers in Katy Perry & Foo Fighters (if likely very different crowds) didn't help. Plus yeah, as noted, it was very heavy on Sleep Well Beast when at that point I think they'd only released System Only Dreams.

14 hours ago, Drinky said:

Look I have no problem with us beefing with 30 Seconds of Shat but let’s lay off the Alfas

My old man used to have a 1972 Alfa Romeo. Bless him, it was a crock of sh*t, but it was also better looking than both of his children.

14 hours ago, Dark Star said:

Sounds not unlike the Green Day show I saw at Emirates Stadium 10 years ago

Shots fired!

5 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

See, their 2017 slot is how I discovered The National in earnest, and remains the best of the three times I've seen them. It really worked for me. Was gutted to be away for the autumn run a few weeks ago.