Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

53 minutes ago, AAlex said:

I'm asssuming I'm not the only one to use Twickets and have the app completely freeze whenever you click on an Alert you have set up, don't suppose anyones found a fix? I emailed them and got a 'we're aware of it' but remember getting the same years ago so clearly isn't a priority.

Trying to get 2 standing tickets for QOTSA in Birmingham later this month for my Dad and it's proving to be an absolute nightmare. Viagogo are offering them at a very reasonable £145 each currently... so any recommendations would also be very welcome 😂

I always try and have a web browser open with the account setup of its days leading up to a popular gig. Assuming not all push notifications are the same it’s still a lottery but I’ve had success in the past 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

I'd rather pay £100 though for a small venue than not see anything at Wembley

Depends on the act for me. Certainly it's not hard to be bemused at spending £82 on tickets for the Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer gig they did in London last year and this one being even more.

Maybe it's just being bummed out at how much more expensive seeing these kinda acts is getting. First time I saw Muse in 2009 was about £40 per ticket (and even that would've been top-end for the time), whereas Milton Keynes earlier this year was £95 (or would've been had I not got second handers a few days before) and a GA standing at the London O2 date a few weeks ago was about £20 more expensive than that.

Human league touring again next year

Tickets expensive.

Would be good at Glastonbury but don't know where, I doubt they would accept Avalon if they are playing arenas.

Not cool enough for Woodies, other stage nope, west holts I dunno doesn't seem a good fit and afternoon on pyramid seems odd to.

7 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

Tickets expensive.

Would be good at Glastonbury but don't know where, I doubt they would accept Avalon if they are playing arenas.

Not cool enough for Woodies, other stage nope, west holts I dunno doesn't seem a good fit and afternoon on pyramid seems odd to.

That's always been the problem with them. It'd be fun, but there's no good place to put them.

Definitely don't think Avalon would be viable - they'd have been too big even before now and given the recent crowd issues I think we'll see more caution with booking novelty acts "too big" for that stage.

Of the above, WH feels like the most likely but yeah feels out of place. Needs to be headline wherever it is, a daytime slot for them would die a slow painful death.

9 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

Tickets expensive.

The Park might be a good shout for them - it tends to have a more eclectic mix? 

21 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I’ve entered the ballot for Green Day tickets on Friday in London. I imagine It will be even harder than securing Glastonbury tickets! 

I'm secretly hoping that a lot of people were a) put off by price b) couldn't get through. 🙊 Everything crossed though. Most people I spoke to about it said they couldn't afford it/get time off/get back from Camden/too short notice etc. 

1 minute ago, WhatADin said:

I'm secretly hoping that a lot of people were a) put off by price b) couldn't get through. 🙊 Everything crossed though. Most people I spoke to about it said they couldn't afford it/get time off/get back from Camden/too short notice etc. 

I imagine tbf that even with the high price tag that it'll still have in excess of the venue capacity applying.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I imagine tbf that even with the high price tag that it'll still have in excess of the venue capacity applying.

Oh, absolutely hands down. It's like 1,500 capacity? Just have to keep fingers crossed. Personally I'd rather pay more for a smaller gig like that than a huge stadium gig. 

The best way of doing shows like that is announcing them at a couple of days notice then either cash on the door (like Prince used to do with his impromptu London shows) or wristband and ticket on sale at 9am for a 7pm show (I remember lining up for Coldplay at Koko in the early hours, getting my wristband then heading home to shower and have lunch before going back out - https://www.nme.com/reviews/reviews-nme-7681-325555)

9 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

Oh, absolutely hands down. It's like 1,500 capacity? Just have to keep fingers crossed. Personally I'd rather pay more for a smaller gig like that than a huge stadium gig. 

It's about that, yeah. I went there to see Courtney Barnett in 2015 and thought it was a really nice venue, so even if I'm meh on the cost, I imagine it'll be quite a fun experience.

I do want to stop being all "Boo price tag" but as I saw someone note on Twitter, Muse played that venue in 2015 and was £20 a ticket, announced on the day with tickets brought on the door. Maybe I was just a little hopeful it'd be closer to that. But obviously not. I do like the ballot concept tbf.

Edited by charlierc