Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

21 hours ago, The Nal said:

Done with him in the current setup/setlist. Saw 2 shows this tour, 1 too many.

Caught him just the once (Villa Park) this time around. Really enjoyed it and thought last album tunes worked well live. Will probably try for Eire shows if no Uk next year as who knows when the curtain will be coming down.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Nal said:

Maybe but he did the full album thing to death about 10 years ago. Got stale quickly.

10 hours ago, Ortiz34 said:

Caught him just the once (Villa Park) this time around. Really enjoyed it and thought last album tunes worked well live. Will probably try for Eire shows if no Uk next year as who knows when the curtain will be coming down.

I think my main thing is how close he comes to home- my girlfriend won't be standing through another 3 hours of him, but if he plays somewhere like Manchester or Liverpool then I'll go with my Dad. Doubt he'd be up for any overnight trips, but local gig then we're in

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Not a gig or tour of course but a public appearance of all four for the first time in a while.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/talking-heads-to-reunite-for-qa-at-toronto-international-film-fest-3483906

Well this will certainly raise possibilities that this might lead to the band finally burying the hatchet, or at least doing so enough to lead to further.

1 hour ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Not a gig or tour of course but a public appearance of all four for the first time in a while.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/talking-heads-to-reunite-for-qa-at-toronto-international-film-fest-3483906

Maybe they’ve decided to make amends behind the scenes in the couple of years since, but Frantz did not have a lot of nice things to say about Byrne in his book from a couple of years back so I find it pretty surprising that they’re doing this as the bad blood never really seemed to go away (from Chris and Tina anyway - David seems to have long moved on). Kind of expecting this to blow up in a hilarious manner when one of them has a little jibe at another rather than leading to any kind of proper reunion, unfortunately. 

47 minutes ago, dillonstandard said:

The Bluetones (Acoustic) have self-confirmed for next year

Been pretty weird seeing how Mark Morriss seemed to get the run of the live scene again after a few months sidelined when he was accused of domestic violence by his former partner. Feels like Glasto would be a big test for that.

Isn't that a self confirm for a show in Glastonbury Town?

Albeit the dates do put them on the radar.

1 hour ago, dillonstandard said:

The Bluetones (Acoustic) have self-confirmed for next year

Been pretty weird seeing how Mark Morriss seemed to get the run of the live scene again after a few months sidelined when he was accused of domestic violence by his former partner. Feels like Glasto would be a big test for that.

Tom Meighan is supporting Noel on his arena tour as well. Guess the bookers feel its ok for the wife beaters to come out again

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Tom Meighan is supporting Noel on his arena tour as well. Guess the bookers feel its ok for the wife beaters to come out again

Tom has erved his time, owned up to it and admitted wron doing and is now happily married to that woman.

get him to glasto, great live act and sold out most places he has been !

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

The papers missed the summer gigs where he supported him too it seems

There was some controversy around a smaller indie festival in Sheffield where bands pulled out before be booked too. I'm surprised Noel's management let either the couple of summer gigs or the tour happen

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

The papers missed the summer gigs where he supported him too it seems

There was some controversy around a smaller indie festival in Sheffield where bands pulled out before be booked too. I'm surprised Noel's management let either the couple of summer gigs or the tour happen

they are best mates to be fair, oh well wont be long until hes back at the festivals now as done well this year coming back

Lizzo is still about after sexual harrasemnt which is exactly the same , funny how people pick and choose

17 minutes ago, Jack01825 said:

Lizzo is still about after sexual harrasemnt which is exactly the same , funny how people pick and choose

Lizzo’s stuff was reported only a couple of weeks ago based on allegations with the court date yet to happen, whereas we heard about Meighan’s wrongdoings only after he’d already plead guilty in court, and I don’t think Lizzo is gonna come out of this all unscathed so a bit of a premature comparison at this time. 

Saw Tom Meighan last month at a local day festival here in Doncaster and mid set he did a speech about how ‘sh*t happens’ before telling his wife side of stage that loves her. sh*t happens to me is winning £50 on a scratch card but then losing it. Not sure I would be going around dismissing assaulting my partner as ‘sh*t happens.’ 

35 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Looks like slagging a big crowd off has done wonders for Royal Blood - tickets still available for their Electric Ballroom gig which would have sold out very quickly a while back Royal Blood - Electric Ballroom

seems to be an anomalie, they sold this tour out originally quicker than ever and there listener count almost doubled

bigger than they have ever been to be honest

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

Looks like slagging a big crowd off has done wonders for Royal Blood - tickets still available for their Electric Ballroom gig which would have sold out very quickly a while back Royal Blood - Electric Ballroom

Is this likely to be a shortened set? Hammersmith Apollo in October sold out so this still being available, and in a venue I liked when I saw Courtney Barnett there in 2015, is interesting, but I'm not sure if it'll be like an hour and done.

10 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Is this likely to be a shortened set? Hammersmith Apollo in October sold out so this still being available, and in a venue I liked when I saw Courtney Barnett there in 2015, is interesting, but I'm not sure if it'll be like an hour and done.

album release shows generally are about an hour, give or take. but at the price of the ticket I’d be hoping for a good 90 mins