Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

22 hours ago, cdm22 said:

I got a cheapy for The Strokes last time purely for Beck and Public Service Broadcasting so hoping for some this time for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs 🙂 

This was BST Hyde Park 2015, aye?

I've still not seen Beck. Really wanna tick that off soon. Plus PSB sounds dope as a support too.

I did enjoy APE 2019 with Interpol and Courtney Barnett, although would've preferred it without the oddly quiet sound, but I guess I'm yet to be as in love with their APE line-up this time. Either that or maybe I don't know enough Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

5 hours ago, charlierc said:

This was BST Hyde Park 2015, aye?

I've still not seen Beck. Really wanna tick that off soon. Plus PSB sounds dope as a support too.

I did enjoy APE 2019 with Interpol and Courtney Barnett, although would've preferred it without the oddly quiet sound, but I guess I'm yet to be as in love with their APE line-up this time. Either that or maybe I don't know enough Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Oops! Yes, BST and not APE!

I'd be all over it if it was a Yeah Yeah Yeahs day and not £90 but not paying that for a shorter set from just them despite them being a favourite.

Busted, the pop-rockers will celebrate their 20th Anniversary with a major UK arena tour plus special guests Hanson & New Hope Club,

Plymouth Pavilions, 02 Sept
Cardiff International Arena, 03
Swansea Arena, 05
Bournemouth BIC, 06
Brighton Centre, 07
Birmingham Utilita Arena, 09
London The O2, 10
Bridlington Spa, 12
Nottingham Motorpoint Arena, 15
Newcastle Utilita Arena, 16
Leeds First Direct Arena, 17
Aberdeen P&J Live, 19
Glasgow OVO Hydro, 20
Liverpool M&S Bank Arena, 22
Manchester AO Arena, 24

31 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Busted, the pop-rockers will celebrate their 20th Anniversary with a major UK arena tour plus special guests Hanson & New Hope Club,

Plymouth Pavilions, 02 Sept
Cardiff International Arena, 03
Swansea Arena, 05
Bournemouth BIC, 06
Brighton Centre, 07
Birmingham Utilita Arena, 09
London The O2, 10
Bridlington Spa, 12
Nottingham Motorpoint Arena, 15
Newcastle Utilita Arena, 16
Leeds First Direct Arena, 17
Aberdeen P&J Live, 19
Glasgow OVO Hydro, 20
Liverpool M&S Bank Arena, 22
Manchester AO Arena, 24

Hope they have standing this time. Seen them and McBusted a few times and it's always been seats in the arenas.

14 hours ago, charlierc said:

On top of previously announced UK dates in Brighton, Bristol, Edinburgh Leeds and Liverpool is this one.

EDIT: Just noted Somerset House announced a load of other things yesterday to go with Interpol

Ooh La Femme! Thanks for the spot. Hoping for an appearance on the farm but otherwise v keen on this 🇫🇷

11 hours ago, cdm22 said:

Oops! Yes, BST and not APE!

I'd be all over it if it was a Yeah Yeah Yeahs day and not £90 but not paying that for a shorter set from just them despite them being a favourite.

Tbf I mainly remember that for seeing a clip of Alex Turner and Miles Kane being in the crowd for The Strokes merrily singing and dancing along. As they do aha.

I genuinely wasn't aware tix were only available at that price point. Blimey.

22 minutes ago, swiftarm said:

Ben Howard just announced dates with a very suspicious hole. Obvs he's lower profile now than the last time he played, so not sure where he'd fit in.

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 17.43.36.png

In line with this year's weird theme of "acts that seemed like they would be massive in the early 2010s but then kind of weren't".

36 minutes ago, swiftarm said:

Ben Howard just announced dates with a very suspicious hole. Obvs he's lower profile now than the last time he played, so not sure where he'd fit in.

13 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

In line with this year's weird theme of "acts that seemed like they would be massive in the early 2010s but then kind of weren't".

To wave my Ben Howard flag, he's very much shunned the fame/limelight pretty purposefully by completely changing his sound from his hugely popular debut album days. He nigh-on never touches any of his acoustic guitar, 'Keep Your Head Up' vibe songs anymore, and releases albums straddling the sound of The National/Bon Iver (though the quality does fluctuate a touch).

I hold my hands up to being a massive Ben fan, and love his new stuff as much as his old, but he does have a pretty big cult follwing still and is defo big enough to play an early Pyramid slot sort of show. Though, with his fairly experimental modern sound, I'm not sure how much the masses will be hugely enthused.

As always when he comes up in conversation, I have to recommend people listen to his second album 'I Forget Where We Were', because it's my favourite album of all time and frustratingly underappreciated

Edited by JayDiesel

8 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

He was pretty big for a time but then decided to get a bit weirder and less overly commercial with his music which dropped him down a bit. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

He was pretty big for a time but then decided to get a bit weirder and less overly commercial with his music which dropped him down a bit. 

Oh really? To be honest I've always lumped him in as one of those moody soulful white dude singer-songwriters with not much about him. If he got weirder after his big album I should maybe check him out.

That's what happened with Bon Iver. Was put off by the debut, then on a recommendation I checked out i,i and got obsessed.