Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

I've never seen them before, and they're one of my all time favourites. So I don't really mind that it's a greatest hits tour, as they've got enough great tracks to fill a set.

I’ve seen them twice and couldn’t care less if they have new material. Unreal live band. Tbh I’d just be worried about what songs would get cut if they were touring a new album.

• Like 1

Yeah a hits tour is what you want, if anything. I liked American Dream but four or five songs from it was fine from it last time around and at this point in their career it seems pretty unlikely they’re gonna write something better than what’s come before. 

Anyway, been looking at venues and Brixton seems pretty booked up around Glasto so I reckon that’s out if is a residency kinda deal. Roundhouse seems pretty free, especially the week before their Bilbao gig. 

In Manchester I’d guess Victoria Warehouse is the prime candidate if they’re doing three or four nights, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah a hits tour is what you want, if anything. I liked American Dream but four or five songs from it was fine from it last time around and at this point in their career it seems pretty unlikely they’re gonna write something better than what’s come before. 

Anyway, been looking at venues and Brixton seems pretty booked up around Glasto so I reckon that’s out if is a residency kinda deal. Roundhouse seems pretty free, especially the week before their Bilbao gig. 

In Manchester I’d guess Victoria Warehouse is the prime candidate if they’re doing three or four nights, unfortunately. 

I’m hoping for a few nights at the Barrowlands in Glasgow since it’s James’ favourite venue, it seems pretty empty in late June/early July.

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

That’s it? 

Not the 30th though. 

5 dates isnt enough? I put a dash in between those dates indicating its all in a row.

Zero indication diff cities will be announced but if they didnt tease somewhere else like they did in London then there is likely no chance thats happening yet.

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

5 dates isnt enough? I put a dash in between those dates indicating its all in a row.

Zero indication diff cities will be announced but if they didnt tease somewhere else like they did in London then there is likely no chance thats happening yet.

Lame to do it just in London. It’s booked on the 30th. 

15 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Do you know if these are the only UK dates?

almost definitely i'd say based on their brooklyn steel residency - they are on hiatus but doing some money grabs it seems

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

almost definitely i'd say based on their brooklyn steel residency - they are on hiatus but doing some money grabs it seems

That really sucks. Hope they're at Glastonbury this year, I'd take a WH headline on the Sunday night. @endswithMJ I'm guessing this is who you were hinting at, do you know if there's other dates to come?

11 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Lame to do it just in London. It’s booked on the 30th. 

Aha, I now see what was being referred to for the 30th. Asked for clarification and yeah, its 4 dates in total, my bad. It was formatted to me that way of 5 straight gigs. So yeah 6/29, 7/1, 7/2, 7/3 is whats coming. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1