Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

55 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Given that the Park is his natural habitat it seems a natural fit. Only danger would be it being flooded by people turning up expecting Pulp stuff.

It does actually. I don't think there'd be that many that couldn't be drawn away by anything on larger stages so are hoping for a Pulp-heavy set, but even with those folk I think he'd win them over.

41 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Common people?

Nice.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

More Jarvis Cocker dates on the horizon. Maybe Jarv Is... is the title of the new album? Has anyone ever met him?

Okay now I can post this beautiful lineup despite it being in the Californian desert.

desertdaze2018_instagram_main_1080x1350_

I can't really remember much of what he was chatting about in Manc (on stage, I didn't meet him) but I think Jarv is just the name of the new project. Album could end up being s/t ofc. 

But yeah anyway that lineup is, as always, one of the best of the year. Fuck Lollapalooza and start taking this thing worldwide. 

Intimate Vaccines gig plus Dream Wife in London for the price of a round. Not bad... https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/goose-island-ldn-block-party-tickets-48588850560 

Managed to snag a ticket to their Manchester gig. Praying its in YES with its 50 million free drinks or whatever it is. 

40 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Intimate Vaccines gig plus Dream Wife in London for the price of a round. Not bad... https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/goose-island-ldn-block-party-tickets-48588850560 

Managed to snag a ticket to their Manchester gig. Praying its in YES with its 50 million free drinks or whatever it is. 

There were plenty of flyers for the Jack Daniels sponsored secret Vaccines gig in Whiskey Jar. I'd be surprised if it was there, thought I'd throw it out there though.

Am I being a prize-winning idiot, or is it impossible to search for what bands are playing on a particular day/weekend in one particular town/city on bandsintown.com, without scrolling through all the shows in a given month? Is there another website that allows me to do this? I feel like this is something which is so glaring obviously I must have previously known how to do it and subsequently forgot....

10 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Am I being a prize-winning idiot, or is it impossible to search for what bands are playing on a particular day/weekend in one particular town/city on bandsintown.com, without scrolling through all the shows in a given month? Is there another website that allows me to do this? I feel like this is something which is so glaring obviously I must have previously known how to do it and subsequently forgot....

You can do it on skiddle. I've just put in a search for gigs in Manchester next weekend here, but you can change the place and dates in the top left.

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I use https://www.songkick.com/ which is responsible for distributing most my money among ticket sites. Can filter the date/town or anything like that. I've never used bandsintown so can't compare it to that, seems to do the job of what your after though.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Odessa said:

You can do it on skiddle. I've just put in a search for gigs in Manchester next weekend here, but you can change the place and dates in the top left.

3 hours ago, priest17 said:

I use https://www.songkick.com/ which is responsible for distributing most my money among ticket sites. Can filter the date/town or anything like that. I've never used bandsintown so can't compare it to that, seems to do the job of what your after though.

Excellent....cheers guys :D

Bought a ticket for that Strange Waves gig the other day. Kadhja Bonet, Tim Burgess, The Stevenson Ranch Davidians, Mourn, and Fur have since been added to BJM and Flamingods. Can't say I know who any of them are (well, except Tim Burgess but I'm assuming his solo stuff isn't worth bothering with?), but this is sounding lovely. 

I'll give them all a quick run through at some point but if anyone knows a good place to start, please gimme a shout. Should be great value for £25, and looking at the bands low down on previous lineups (Shame, RBCF etc.), there are probably some gems to find here too. 8)