What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

9 hours ago, uscore said:

I bought a load of booze and some base layer clothing.  Admittedly this is partly for Glastonbury and partly for Bearded Theory next weekend, but I'm still counting it.

I’ve packed two sleeping bags and shit loads of warm stuff for Bearded. I have never felt cold like I did last year. 

gave my campervan a bit of needed TLC yesterday, fixing some bits and pieces.

I also gave my 1985 van a 1984 upgrade, to bring it into the modern world. It now has intermittent wipers, woohoo! :D 

(very oddly, from 1984 they put the wiring in for intermittent wipers but didn't include the relay)

10 hours ago, Woffy said:

I DON’T RESEARCH GAME OF THRONES FFS! I mean, come onnnn, who does that???!!!

10 hours ago, Sasperella said:

(NB I also research GoT when I'm not researching Glastonbury)

Researching GoT? That's ridiculous! I'm way too busy re-reading all the books. 

19 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

That's ridiculous! I'm way too busy re-reading all the books. 

I can totally see myself doing this when it finally sinks in that there will actually be no more new episodes after Monday. I think I'm in a biger state of denial about that than I about the Chems and Hot Chip clashing 

10 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I’ve packed two sleeping bags and shit loads of warm stuff for Bearded. I have never felt cold like I did last year. 

I've been thinking about 2 sleeping bags. Or maybe 1 plus duvet?

I am also concerned about my coat and jumper situation. Might have to do more panic buying

10 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Was Bearded super cold at night last year? I’m not going but I’m worried about being cold at the G this year. Did you sleep in 2 sleeping bags?

7 minutes ago, Woffy said:

What does that involve? Like, classroom based stuff, H&S, etc?

Not done it before but from what i can gather its the same as the classroom based one just delivered online through a virtual classroom app

56 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Was Bearded super cold at night last year? I’m not going but I’m worried about being cold at the G this year. Did you sleep in 2 sleeping bags?

I can't speak for Bearded, but Boomtown and Shambala were both absolutely baltic in parts last year - we're talking warm breath  hanging in the cold air, frost on the ground level baltic. However, I still think that taking two sleeping bags would have been excessive. I did end up sleeping in my wooly hat and about three jumpers and pj bottoms, but it was fine. I also took a lot of hoodies out with me at night and then wore these as outer layers when in my sleeping bag. Maybe that's a bit gross (?) but better than lugging a whole load of extra stuff which you may well not end up using

15 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I can't speak for Bearded, but Boomtown and Shambala were both absolutely baltic in parts last year - we're talking warm breath  hanging in the cold air, frost on the ground level baltic. However, I still think that taking two sleeping bags would have been excessive. I did end up sleeping in my wooly hat and about three jumpers and pj bottoms, but it was fine. I also took a lot of hoodies out with me at night and then wore these as outer layers when in my sleeping bag. Maybe that's a bit gross (?) but better than lugging a whole load of extra stuff which you may well not end up using

Yeah that's exactly what I do - just wear more of my day clothes in bed and take a hat to sleep in as well.

9 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

37 for me ...eeek!

But I REALLY wish I didn't have to move house and start a new job in the interim. Mega bad planning on my part

Yeah that’s annoying but great that you have a new job ??. Thankfully I’ve got a reasonably quiet run in. We’ve just failed to win a massive project at work so I’m secretly pleased about that.

54 minutes ago, CeriG said:

My trusty old festival jacket no longer fits. After 10 years I’ve finally had to admit that I’m no longer as slim as I was in my 20’s... so ordered this colourful piece (the black one) ??

82A602A5-DC13-402D-8566-F7861C8502AF.png

I love that, where did you get it. 

Charm x

14 minutes ago, Charm said:

I love that, where did you get it. 

Charm x

From choco & cream. Never bought anything from them before, just popped up on my FB feed. Hope it’s as nice as picture when it arrives 

4 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Bearded was indeed super cold. I've always been fine at other festivals and only ever take a season 3 sleeping bag, but the carpark at Bearded is only a 5-10 minute walk so it's harmless taking more stuff. I never wear day clothes in my sleeping bag @Sasperella as they hold onto the moisture in the air and actually make you colder. I always change into thin pj's and bed socks if I'm sharing a tent. Body heat heats up the sleeping bag so do some star jumps before climbing in for the night.

• Upvote 1