What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Bought a selection of items that would appear a bit random to the casual observer but can only spell Glastonbury to the trained eye:

Berocca Boost

A multi-coloured sequin top

Holographic eye makeup

Tiger balm

Rehydration drops

Handwash

A mirrorball-shaped drinks cup :dancing:

Powerbank

Dry shampoo

Stocktake of camping equipment is next on the agenda

5 minutes ago, tarw said:

Are.there any alternatives to Berocca?  After going round Auschwitz I try my hardest to never buy anything from Bayer.

A few supermarkets and places like superdrug and boots have own-brand versions

1 hour ago, tarw said:

Are.there any alternatives to Berocca?  After going round Auschwitz I try my hardest to never buy anything from Bayer.

I can see that you have a noble intention, but you're avoiding a product that's only been owned by that company for a decade or so and the company itself that was largely broken up after the war.

I bit the bullet and purchased a 3 man, Quechua, fresh and black pop up! I used to have a pop up and I thought carrying them was more hassle than it was worth. 

I’m not that tall so I can’t just hold the handle without it dragging on the ground. 

I don’t want to preach and will let everyone draw their own lines but Bayer kept the data that was harvested from experiments carried out in Auschwitz and my conscience won’t let me support that. 

28 minutes ago, karaseen said:

I’m not that tall so I can’t just hold the handle without it dragging on the ground. 

Get a karabiner and attach it to the top of the strap of your rucksack and tuck it under your arm - works a treat and you hardly notice the weight.

6 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Get a karabiner and attach it to the top of the strap of your rucksack and tuck it under your arm - works a treat and you hardly notice the weight.

Brilliant idea!  I was trying bungee cords and it wasn't working very well!  Needed a quick release too. Thanks!

On 5/13/2019 at 5:07 PM, clarkete said:

That's the nicest packing list I've ever seen on here.

Have you got a whole set of pictograms for all your packing?  :D

Why thank you. This is the first I’ve done to be honest. (It was embarrassingly fun though)

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Absolutely not. You wanna see my fully detailed, categorised, 3 page in A4 portrait format excel spreadsheet complete with "need to buy" and "packed" tick boxes 

Yes. Yes we do want to see exactly that. Gimme.

On 5/13/2019 at 7:38 PM, MJP said:

Just a PSA that M&S cocktail cans are currently on offer, with an additional discount.

Go and buy anything - Percy pigs for example - and you'll get a £5 off £35 shop voucher, which stacks on the 3 for £5 cocktail offer.

M&S Cocktails are double measures and fucking tasty. Get 21 cocktail cans (5.6L of cocktails, over 1 litre of actual booze in there) for £30.

Nice one. You should post this in the bargain booze thread.