What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

47 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I wore my wellies round the house yesterday (too soon?) I wanted to check comfort levels. I would have worn them outside for a walk but it was raining (ironic). 

I do like the idea of toddler-ish welly preparations :)

51 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I wore my wellies round the house yesterday (too soon?) I wanted to check comfort levels. I would have worn them outside for a walk but it was raining (ironic). 

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I do like the idea of toddler-ish welly preparations :)

not a proper test then ... you need to go back and jump in some puddles 

16 hours ago, CeriG said:

Bought some biodegradable glitter.... can never have enough glitter ??

F94412AB-02FD-4364-A77C-E3581BB1636B.png

This stuff is great - used it last year for Boomtown and Shambala, and the mixes are fab!

8 hours ago, paddyclark said:

Another power bank and 10 steel shot glasses arriving today 

Shot glasses are a great shout! 

Edited by Sasperella

On 5/8/2019 at 10:34 AM, hfuhruhurr said:

Yes.

There's a balance between mushing the fruit and sieving it out later - if you squish too much then you'll have more pulp in your final drink. If you don't squish enough, you don't get all the juice. So what I do is put the washed fruit in the freezer the night before - this helps release the juice once thawed in the vodka/gin.

Ours is looking fab now - lovely rich colour.

20190508_103308.jpg

Do you mind me asking how late is too late to leave it to successfully do this? Keep meaning to and forgetting and now feel like I may have missed my chance. Thanks!

I've done a fair few things today:

-Went to decathlon and bought multiple camping goodies - head torch, collapsible bowl, eco sporks, camping towel, stainless steel plate etc

-Got the sewing kit out and converted a dress I have from a halter neck to normal straps - it's perfect for glastonbury :)

-Bought some gin and made a rhubarb and ginger infusion. However, now I'm liking these blueberry vodkas....might do this tomorrow 

Trying to get as much done as possible now, as next week I get my phd thesis comments back, and then on the 3rd June Im moving to Glasgow before starting a new job on the 4th June. Hectic! 

17 minutes ago, gfest2009 said:

Do you mind me asking how late is too late to leave it to successfully do this? Keep meaning to and forgetting and now feel like I may have missed my chance. Thanks!

You've plenty of time. Minimum time I reckon is probably 2 weeks (with regular shaking). We were quick off the mark!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, paddyclark said:

Another power bank and 10 steel shot glasses arriving today 

I ordered some steel shot glasses too, they came in a cute zip up holder, usually take the plastic ones from Poundland but as I’m trying to take less plastic stuff thought they would be great.  

Charm x

• Upvote 1

I've bought a metal insulated drinks bottle, suitable for fizzy drinks. I didn't realise 1litre was so big, that's one massive cocktail for my liver to handle.

Today I wrote a list of all the things I need and how much it'll cost, the biggest cost will be a new tent as I usually share one with my pal and he is in another country. I have clueless when it comes to tents but all I know is that I do not want one which is only a three or four man, I am 6ft 4 and find them far far too small and I'm never comfortable in them. Preferably I'd like a tent with a section I can at least sort of stand in. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

I did my first ever sunbed session, in an attempt to start building some kind of base tan and avoid getting burnt on day one! Generally my skin is a kind of pale blue colour so I figure every little helps. 

Also spent a happy hour looking at rucksacks before deciding my old one is absolutely fine and I don’t need to spend any more money

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Natalie.charlton said:

Quechua arenas 4.1 ,good tent for standing

Ah cheers! That looks exactly the sort of thing I need and a very decent price too at about 80 quid. I really am useless and wouldn't have a clue where to start so appreciate that.

Decided I'm fed up of the blunt wooden knives and forks so bought a spork. Now wondering how long it will be before I forget to take said implement out with me, can't find the bugger in my backpack or forget and Chuck it away with my plate....

4 minutes ago, Gedh said:

Decided I'm fed up of the blunt wooden knives and forks so bought a spork. Now wondering how long it will be before I forget to take said implement out with me, can't find the bugger in my backpack or forget and Chuck it away with my plate....

This was exactly my thought process. With the added thought - why buy a spork when you have a drawer full of cutlery and can just take a fork and a spoon? So that's what I'm going to do. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gedh said:

get a carabiner ... and clip it to you at all times  .... think mine had a hole but can't find the bloody thing to look :) 

6 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

This was exactly my thought process. With the added thought - why buy a spork when you have a drawer full of cutlery and can just take a fork and a spoon? So that's what I'm going to do. 

I'd end up with a fork or a knife, never both ?

8 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Managed to convince my housemates that we really need to purchase 20L of Old Rosie for Glastonbury between us, and subsequently ordered it :D

6 hours ago, alframsey said:

To what cost if I may ask?

If i had to guess, i’d say friendship, dignity and the ability to sleep without soiling yourself

7 hours ago, alframsey said:

To what cost if I may ask?

£58 from https://www.westons-cider.co.uk/ciders/ ? So around £19 each for 12 pints! Or at least, that's what my maths last night told me

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

If i had to guess, i’d say friendship, dignity and the ability to sleep without soiling yourself

Well, our friendship has previously been able to withstand a couple of notable JD Honey incidents, so I think that should be alright....but there are definitely no guarantees about the latter two

• Upvote 1