What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

15 hours ago, Charm said:

I ordered some steel shot glasses too, they came in a cute zip up holder, usually take the plastic ones from Poundland but as I’m trying to take less plastic stuff thought they would be great.  

Charm x

Where from, Charm? Can you post a link please?

10 hours ago, Gedh said:

Decided I'm fed up of the blunt wooden knives and forks so bought a spork. Now wondering how long it will be before I forget to take said implement out with me, can't find the bugger in my backpack or forget and Chuck it away with my plate....

My spork from The range came with a caribiner.

10 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

This was exactly my thought process. With the added thought - why buy a spork when you have a drawer full of cutlery and can just take a fork and a spoon? So that's what I'm going to do. 

After the 'Great Metal Fork Tine Under The Fingernail When Trying To Fish It Out Of My Pocket Disaster of 2010' I've always gone for one with a little clip / carabiner.

3 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Got a pic? How much was it?

I think I put a pic on the 'Bargains...' thread somewhere, dude. Shouldn't be too many pages back. I'll have a look...

It was a quid.

Edit: I won't repost the shitload of photos, but it's on Page 121.

Edited by Woffy

16 hours ago, gfest2009 said:

Do you mind me asking how late is too late to leave it to successfully do this? Keep meaning to and forgetting and now feel like I may have missed my chance. Thanks!

If you're doing it with pineapple just make sure they're more ripe when you do, so they're juicier. I'm just starting one today 

In preparation for my imminent move to Glasgow I have been doing the most important job - trying to change my ticket delivery address on SeeTickets. having zero luck so far though....they keep advising me to use a 'change delivery' link which doesn't seem to exist. Annoying. 

5 hours ago, Woffy said:

After the 'Great Metal Fork Tine Under The Fingernail When Trying To Fish It Out Of My Pocket Disaster of 2010' I've always gone for one with a little clip / carabiner.

Ouch!  Good point, but I had already thought that I might find some sort of pouch to store them in - maybe a small pencil case or something similar?

Who am I kidding?  I will probably end up buying a bloody spork cos I'm so suggestible to any ideas posted on here!

11 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Ouch!  Good point, but I had already thought that I might find some sort of pouch to store them in - maybe a small pencil case or something similar?

Who am I kidding?  I will probably end up buying a bloody spork cos I'm so suggestible to any ideas posted on here!

I found this yesterday after reading your post about sporks and taking your own cutlery, have decided not bother as it’s just another thing to carry around.  

Charm x

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F233203882390

1 hour ago, Charm said:

I’m newly vegan but love sambuca and baileys shots so I thought I would try this, after just testing it I can confirm that it’s rank, feeling a bit tipsy now which I’m sure counts as Glastonbury prep. 

Charm x

https://besosfoodanddrinks.co.uk/product/besos-de-oro/

Is Baileys vegan? If so I'm going to add it to my shopping list, I used to love a drop of that!

5 minutes ago, dartmoordog said:

Is Baileys vegan? If so I'm going to add it to my shopping list, I used to love a drop of that!

They do a vegan version but that’s also not very nice, even though I did drink a bottle over Christmas, has a weird artificial almond flavour. 

Charm x

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/baileys-almande/808797-654369-654370

Edited by Charm
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dartmoordog said:

It's not, but they have a dairy free version (i believe it's made with almond milk but may be wrong) that I've heard rave reviews about x

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Charm said:

They do a vegan version but that’s also not very nice, even though I did drink a bottle over Christmas, has a weird artificial almond flavour. 

Charm x

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/baileys-almande/808797-654369-654370

14 minutes ago, gfest2009 said:

It's not, but they have a dairy free version (i believe it's made with almond milk but may be wrong) that I've heard rave reviews about x

Ok, thanks both! Conflicting reviews - I guess I'll just have to try it!! Reluctantly. Not.

1 minute ago, dartmoordog said:

Ok, thanks both! Conflicting reviews - I guess I'll just have to try it!! Reluctantly. Not.

The Baileys one is better than the other brand I posted, but neither are even close to the original. 

Have just added a really strong sweet mocha to the besos de oro and it’s actually not too bad now, still wouldn’t recommend it though. 

Charm x

2 minutes ago, Charm said:

The Baileys one is better than the other brand I posted, but neither are even close to the original. 

Have just added a really strong sweet mocha to the besos de oro and it’s actually not too bad now, still wouldn’t recommend it though. 

Charm x

I'm going to get my tasting and mixology hat on this weekend, and will let you know the results! x

Edited by dartmoordog
  • Upvote 1

On 4/21/2019 at 12:25 PM, hfuhruhurr said:

Blueberry: wash and dry 2 punnets and then put them in the freezer overnight - this breaks down the cells and releases the juice quicker. Add to jar, add 1 ltr vodka, squish blueberries and leave until the weekend before Glastonbury. Then strain (through a muslin cloth or similar) into a re-usable plastic bottle - it makes 1.5 ltrs, so still quite strong, so you might want to dilute when drinking - or be careful (I drank a ltr one wednesday afternoon, not entirely sure what happened that evening).

Pinneapple - no need to freeze, and you add gin this time, same process.

Don't be tempted to eat the fruit when finished - all the loveliness has gone in the spirit  and you're left with pulp.

Soooooo..... fruit frozen over night and mixed with the ginooooo today.

Do I just leave it? Shake it up? Do we need more berries? 

You’re going to regret giving this recipe out now ?

1BEE8957-3F40-447D-8391-E690063E1CF6.jpeg

2 minutes ago, CeriG said:

You’re going to regret giving this recipe out now ?

1BEE8957-3F40-447D-8391-E690063E1CF6.jpeg

I shake mine every few days ... what's with the half quantities ?: ) 

This blueberry/raspberry recipe - does it work well with vodka? I already have two gins, so thought it might be good to get some variety. Although, after a lot of bad experiences with vodka when I was younger, I am a little bit hesitant to reengage with it... 

36 minutes ago, MJP said:

Ooh I need to go and shake my gin.

Me too! Thanks for the reminder 

Preparation today involves seeing Wu-tang clan, which means I won't have to bother with them at Glastonbury. Not that I would have anyway.... I have no idea what to expect really, especially after reading some of the reviews of them live elsewhere on here. It's been a long time since I went to a gig which didn't involve moshing or raving

16 hours ago, CeriG said:

Last year I experimented with a way of doing one of these far quicker, and it was a success.  I froze, then thawed, then smashed the fruit.  Bunged it in with the Gin for a couple of weeks.  Then put the whole lot through my cider press.  It worked perfectly - the stuff was crystal clear and tasted great immediately, although it improved over the months.

A cider press is just a way of putting wet slush into a fabric bag and squeezing it so the liquid comes out and the solids stay in.  For a small job like this, you could improvise something - e.g. a strong bucket with holes in (or maybe a colander) a pillow case and a wooden board with weights on top.

• Upvote 1