NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

1 hour ago, noplacelikehome said:

It really was brutal, I am over the moon that we got through but gutted for those who didnt kind of takes the shine off that so many lost out.  We are not giving up hope yet though - mr d is scouring the local tesco (other supermarkets are available) for mallets cider as we speak.

Dotty did you get sorted?

I got nowhere this morning, nothing but holding page which has been pretty rare, normally manage to get through. Lucy and Wellyboot's seemed to be something to do with See not processing payments, sounded like a problem a few people were having :(

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I got nowhere this morning, nothing but holding page which has been pretty rare, normally manage to get through. Lucy and Wellyboot's seemed to be something to do with See not processing payments, sounded like a problem a few people were having :(

Another friend had that problem of rejection of card. That's so bad for a system to not process things correctly at this level of use when everything else seemed to have been ironed out.

I’m so genuinely heartbroken for LucyG and Wellyboot. I got through to payment. Wellys card rejected, tried mine twice, it told me to check number twice, it was correct twice, still said it was wrong, tried Welly’s again and still rejected. So blooming close. Been in a funk all day about it and shed quite a few tears. 

However!!! Massive congratulations to @noplacelikehome, @dizzymoo And @ICGenie

Lots missed out, we’ll be entering all competitions available, and looking out for secret resales @MilkyJoe style!! 

I’ve finally pulled myself out of my sulking bed to have a glass of wine and chill. 

• Upvote 2

Had to busy ourselves with DIY to distract from thinking that we won’t be with friends at the festival again this year. We had a ticket page but went to pay and it said “sold out” so we were minutes too late.

will be trying all the competitions we can and I’m going to have the page open in readiness for any ticket sales that may turn up.

Just now, deebeedoobee said:

Had to busy ourselves with DIY to distract from thinking that we won’t be with friends at the festival again this year. We had a ticket page but went to pay and it said “sold out” so we were minutes too late.

will be trying all the competitions we can and I’m going to have the page open in readiness for any ticket sales that may turn up.

I’m sorry Dee. I honestly thought we would be ok this year! I know I was trying for Lucy first but I genuinely thought more people would get through. It seems to be getting harder every year 

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

I’m sorry Dee. I honestly thought we would be ok this year! I know I was trying for Lucy first but I genuinely thought more people would get through. It seems to be getting harder every year 

I know. Having got a ticket for Guy on Thursday  I thought I was on a roll. Maybe it will be third time lucky with the competitions

• Upvote 1

Just now, deebeedoobee said:

I know. Having got a ticket for Guy on Thursday  I thought I was on a roll. Maybe it will be third time lucky with the competitions

I hope so. I know there’s lots of friends at glastonbury but nothing makes you happier than having your real mates around you x

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

I hope so. I know there’s lots of friends at glastonbury but nothing makes you happier than having your real mates around you x

And to make it even worse,  a friend of both of ours is playing the rabbit hole and we were all really looking forward to cheering him on. Would have been fun.

Total fail, never got beyond the holding page so I've consoled myself by getting a caravan pass for the Upton Blues Fest in Worcestershire and then three days after that I've got a long tow to the Cambridge Rock Festival.  Book end those two with Wychwood and Green Man and I don't suppose I can really complain.

I had said this would have been my Glasto swansong but maybe next year to celebrate a Big 0 birthday.

22 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Total fail, never got beyond the holding page so I've consoled myself by getting a caravan pass for the Upton Blues Fest in Worcestershire and then three days after that I've got a long tow to the Cambridge Rock Festival.  Book end those two with Wychwood and Green Man and I don't suppose I can really complain.

I had said this would have been my Glasto swansong but maybe next year to celebrate a Big 0 birthday.

Sorry dude. Today was brutal. But sounds like you have some good replacements. Not the same I know 

Edited by Curlygirl

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Same feeling, two sets of friends who I’ve been festivalling with for 15 years + all not successful this year. It’s horrible, one group have now booked eotr, the other 3 we are trying all competitions, work opportunities and secret resales x good luck x 

3 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I’m so genuinely heartbroken for LucyG and Wellyboot. I got through to payment. Wellys card rejected, tried mine twice, it told me to check number twice, it was correct twice, still said it was wrong, tried Welly’s again and still rejected. So blooming close. Been in a funk all day about it and shed quite a few tears. 

Lots missed out, we’ll be entering all competitions available, and looking out for secret resales @MilkyJoe style!! 

I’ve finally pulled myself out of my sulking bed to have a glass of wine and chill. 

CG nobody could have tried harder than you did to get tickets for Lucy and Wellyboot.  Not your fault that payments were being rejected.  Apart from issues at See, it seems some banks were being arsey about debit card payments. But also you and @noplacelikehome deserve huge credit for sorting the list of groups and the group chat.

I'd be more than happy to set up checkpage again and forward alerts, but I wonder how likely a secret resale is given there wasn't one in 2017.

9 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Lots of us were trying for other people, I never got past the grey page of death. It makes me realise how lucky I am to have a ticket and we can all raise a glass to those friends who missed out at the meet.

9 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Sorry you missed out, still it looks like the Prospector Pete t-shirt will still be out and about. 

16 hours ago, carlosj said:

Another friend had that problem of rejection of card. That's so bad for a system to not process things correctly at this level of use when everything else seemed to have been ironed out.

I know of quite a few people who's card was rejected. Funds were there but the bank said no. Something really needs to be put in place to stop this happening. In October I actually rang the bank and told them to expect a transaction from Seetickets and they put a note on file.

5 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Good and bad news. I made some plum and vanilla vodka for this year, but it was so delicious I finished it.

This made me smile ;) 

13 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

CG nobody could have tried harder than you did to get tickets for Lucy and Wellyboot.  Not your fault that payments were being rejected.  Apart from issues at See, it seems some banks were being arsey about debit card payments. But also you and @noplacelikehome deserve huge credit for sorting the list of groups and the group chat.

I'd be more than happy to set up checkpage again and forward alerts, but I wonder how likely a secret resale is given there wasn't one in 2017.

Thank you Dizzy, I know you're right but it doesn't stop me being down about it.

13 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Thanks @dizzymoo - As you know I had a payment  issue trying to get you a campervan ticket - it kept saying my card number was incorrect - it wasn't and indeed had been used earlier that day to buy our group tickets - so no idea what was happening with the website but they really need to get it sorted. Thankfully Dee sorted your camper ticket I think?

How many of us are in east this year - we are along with @H.M.V @fatyeti24 @Curlygirl and @ICGenie

@Funkyfairy! are you there or just your friends? We are not able to get there until Wednesday afternoon but would be good to meet up -although sure I will see you all at the efests meet (which I am determined to get to this year)

Now then is it too late to start making some booze - no time for sloe gin or the like and the infamous cherry bakewell will be prepared but only takes 5 mins - what is the view on best flavoured vodkas and the like?