NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Hi kids. No idea where else to pop this, so I'm going to put it here! If anyone missed it Olafur Arnalds covered Iggy Pop's show on 6Music on Friday night, still available online. Listening to it while working today, just lovely. Really chilled show, recommend if you like Arnalds, Nils Frahm, that kinda stuff. @Hawros might be of interest?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0003zqc

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

Hi kids. No idea where else to pop this, so I'm going to put it here! If anyone missed it Olafur Arnalds covered Iggy Pop's show on 6Music on Friday night, still available online. Listening to it while working today, just lovely. Really chilled show, recommend if you like Arnalds, Nils Frahm, that kinda stuff. @Hawros might be of interest?

I think he also played in Leeds. My mother in law helps at the Town Hall, and often tells me about the gigs. She impressed me with her knowledge of John Grant but then let slip she'd been talking with a colleague. She did go to the same school as Jeff Lynne, at the same time too. It was a good radio show.

18 hours ago, Quark said:

Excellent - thanks Quark. There'll definitely be a place for this in my ears this week.

20 hours ago, Quark said:

I've just had a hire car for a week, I so need to get DAB radio in my van 6 Music is great..

14 minutes ago, jeffie said:

I've got an ipod with 32000 tunes on it, but still there is more....

I've lost both my iPods :(

Lost the main one with ALL of the music ages ago on the way back from Hong Kong for work, and lost my Nano that I used for the gym and running just after Christmas.

I now have Mrs Q's nano, but means I've got to re-load iTunes, update it and all sorts of nonsense.

First world problems :D

26 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Anyone else can;t handle the excitement at the moment, Avalon announcement and the map all in one day, I can't keep up.

Ticketless NFR's , we've got you, we will get you to the ball xxx

I would be upvoting this if I could. But I do second the notion of getting everyone there! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I would be upvoting this if I could. But I do second the notion of getting everyone there! 

30 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Anyone else can;t handle the excitement at the moment, Avalon announcement and the map all in one day, I can't keep up.

Yup, it's all going to be fine...

• Upvote 1

Aah ! Avalon line up looks great, and the map - all in one day and I can't allow myself to get too excited.  I was saying last week that I cannot accept any version of the future that does not include me getting a ticket but my confidence is wavering, the thing that made me wobble was the avalon page saying Michael will be opening the avalon cafe - its things like that that will never be on the red button that I will miss most (and the nfr/efests meet of course!). 

53 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Aah ! Avalon line up looks great, and the map - all in one day and I can't allow myself to get too excited.  I was saying last week that I cannot accept any version of the future that does not include me getting a ticket but my confidence is wavering, the thing that made me wobble was the avalon page saying Michael will be opening the avalon cafe - its things like that that will never be on the red button that I will miss most (and the nfr/efests meet of course!). 

Tap your heels, we will get this sorted.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Coool.. Getting worried now lol 

The Weather Gods are mighty and we love to praise them! I have been outside and it's been lovely AND I didn't burst into flames. 

Best of all though, I met Guy in real life for the first time! We've been friends on here for about, ooh, probably almost ten years? Never managed to meet at the festival, and we have tried! Tonight, I bump into him at the bar at a Dreadzone gig! Brilliant!!

Guy- bloody marvellous to finally meet you :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1