NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

2 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

@lucyginger you’ve probably seen this, but just in case you missed it. Good luck, really crossing my fingers for you. xx

https://www.radiox.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/still-get-free-tickets-travel-2019/?sdfds

Thank you! Yes got it and entered! 

So I have decided to try anything to get to the hallowed fields, so if anyone hears of anything please let me know :) I can get there early if necessary! I'm not too good at heights though but I'd conquer that fear if the only job I could get was sitting up top of the ribbon tower keeping an eye on folk up there!! 

Thank you all sooo sooo much for your support in these ticketless times xxx 

8 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Thank you! Yes got it and entered! 

So I have decided to try anything to get to the hallowed fields, so if anyone hears of anything please let me know :) I can get there early if necessary! I'm not too good at heights though but I'd conquer that fear if the only job I could get was sitting up top of the ribbon tower keeping an eye on folk up there!! 

Thank you all sooo sooo much for your support in these ticketless times xxx 

I conquered my fear by doing a bungy jump and skydive so surely the ribbon tower would be a walk in the Park :) ( literally ) 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I conquered my fear by doing a bungy jump and skydive so surely the ribbon tower would be a walk in the Park :) ( literally ) 

Holy crap, really?! Are you mental?? 

I've been up the ribbon tower (FINBARR) a few times, after the third year I didnt cry! Ha! 

6 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Holy crap, really?! Are you mental?? 

I've been up the ribbon tower (FINBARR) a few times, after the third year I didnt cry! Ha! 

Crazy ... but not mental ... it was a case of mind over matter ... and for the bungy being strapped to an attractive Danish girl helped ... agreed to it after several bottles of wine :)  

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Crazy ... but not mental ... it was a case of mind over matter ... and for the bungy being strapped to an attractive Danish girl helped ... agreed to it after several bottles of wine :)  

If you don't mind it doesn't matter :)

Nah, definitely not for me that bungee lark. Makes me feel weird thinking about it! But well done you for doing it!!! 

Did a bridge jump in Bratislava once. Instead of a stretchy cord it's a fixed rope; you walk away from the fixing point a bit, up on the parapet and over!  Acts as a pendulum, so you then swing back towards the fixing point. Over the Danube. Fucking brilliant!

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I've done the skydiving thing, and I'm not afraid of heights, but I can't ever see me doing a bungee. If it all goes wrong you'll hit the ground before you can try to sort stuff out! At least with a parachute you have a reserve, or you have time to kiss your sorry ass goodbye.

Just now, Curlygirl said:

I've done the skydiving thing, and I'm not afraid of heights, but I can't ever see me doing a bungee. If it all goes wrong you'll hit the ground before you can try to sort stuff out! At least with a parachute you have a reserve, or you have time to kiss your sorry ass goodbye.

The sky dive was just such a beautiful location ... over Glaciers/ mountains / the sea .... and the bungy at the home of bungy ....kawaru bridge in Nz so I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by as this was a trip of a lifetime and was about being a chance to discover things id never thought of doing in my life .. and would probably never consider doing again ... kind of like Glastonbury in way 

No. Feet and ground, there's a reason they work together so well.

I mean yes, bungee tie me to a Danish girl and find me new accommodation when MrsCJ finds out, but the whole leaving the earth bit is not for me.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

The sky dive was just such a beautiful location ... over Glaciers/ mountains / the sea .... and the bungy at the home of bungy ....kawaru bridge in Nz so I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by as this was a trip of a lifetime and was about being a chance to discover things id never thought of doing in my life .. and would probably never consider doing again ... kind of like Glastonbury in way 

Well done you... but trip of a lifetime or not, there aint no one gonna be throwing me off no damn bridge!

4 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Well done you... but trip of a lifetime or not, there aint no one gonna be throwing me off no damn bridge!

Wahay, Bella's Bridge might be OK to do?

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

As a wise man once said to me when watching a bungee, there's only two things that fall out of the sky; birdshit and idiots. And I'm neither. 

well I guess its about overcoming things in life .... that was a fear I was able to overcome and it was one hell of a feeling once I did it .... the adrenaline rush was incredible .... not for everyone I would agree but the word idiot is maybe a little strong :) 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

well I guess its about overcoming things in life .... that was a fear I was able to overcome and it was one hell of a feeling once I did it .... the adrenaline rush was incredible .... not for everyone I would agree but the word idiot is maybe a little strong :) 

They weren't my words, but it did make me laugh. 

22 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I mean yes, bungee tie me to a Danish girl and find me new accommodation when MrsCJ finds out, but the whole leaving the earth bit is not for me.

Yep, perfectly enjoy my current gravitational pull and don't intend on changing that any time soon! 

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

49 minutes ago, pentura said:

Yep, perfectly enjoy my current gravitational pull and don't intend on changing that any time soon! 

Feet and ground, Rodney. Feet and ground. 

Obvs in the style of Derek Trotter! 

Totally agree though, feet and ground. And I've been to NZ! :)

18 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Bin painters ain't allowed off site for the last couple of days so ff will have to visit us in the weeks before the festival 

You know how exciting I am to be at the 'local' in Pilton for a few weeks - even tracked the walking route from our camping fields to Pilton in google maps - I'm ready :-)

11 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

You know how exciting I am to be at the 'local' in Pilton for a few weeks - even tracked the walking route from our camping fields to Pilton in google maps - I'm ready ?

If this includes walking up the hill of death that is Shop Lane then let me know, there are alternatives. 

8 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Put it this way....you wouldn’t push yer granny in a wheelchair down there unless she was well loaded.

Birlliant - I've been known to stop on the hill to east campervans in the early morning leaning on a post declaring I can't go any further ...... what hope do I have on Shop lane - I'll check tonight :-) ... I've googled mapped my way all around the farm lanes , goodness knows what I'm going to do when all this is over :-)

My boss dropped a bombshell on me earlier... 

We're expecting some important unannounced visitors in the near future - they're months overdue... but if they haven't come by the time Glastonbury comes around he might rescind my leave! ?

I have every confidence it won't come to that but it's still scary.

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

My boss dropped a bombshell on me earlier... 

We're expecting some important unannounced visitors in the near future - they're months overdue... but if they haven't come by the time Glastonbury comes around he might rescind my leave! ?

I have every confidence it won't come to that but it's still scary.

well Its not babies I would presume :)