Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

3 minutes ago, NotAnInsider said:

It's a really oddly specific mistake to make though, isn't it? And Mikey Shoes turned up in the Rabbit Hole last year...

Yeah.. "and will play a - sure to be massively oversubscribed - set in the 2000-capacity Cabaret tent on Saturday afternoon".

I’ve wanted Elton to headline for years and was absolutely buzzing to see him announced.

I’d say QOTSA are in my top 5-6 favourite bands of all time.

Up until the now official confirmation of QOTSA (even though we knew) I’ve been leaning 75/25 towards Elton.

Now QOTSA are confirmed I’m torn. I know I’ll never get to see Elton again but I’ve had a 10/10 time both times I’ve seen QOTSA live and know I will again.

Think I’m even leaning towards Queens.

This will be my 7th year on the farm and it’s hands down the worst clash I’ve had at the festival!!

Think I'll put the decision off until I see the setlist from their warmups. Although the idea of either being a mile away or having to sit through Lil Nas X is probably going to be decisive. Think how much I'm itching for a pit by Sunday will also be a big factor, Amyl and the Sniffers was a highlight last year just for that. Wonder if the Elton pull will be so great that I can slip away and check out a bit of Cavetown before and still manage to wade back in? Probably not.

15 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Easily the worst clash I have had at the festival since I have been going. Normally it's a pretty easy decision - even if there is a clash. 

This is a joke of a clash.

Yea in a weird way it's made me a little bit happy I'm not going this year, as this decision is just killer. 

On 5/30/2023 at 5:03 PM, JP1994 said:

I’ve wanted Elton to headline for years and was absolutely buzzing to see him announced.

Up until the now official confirmation of QOTSA (even though we knew) I’ve been leaning 75/25 towards Elton.

Now QOTSA are confirmed I’m torn. I know I’ll never get to see Elton again but I’ve had a 10/10 time both times I’ve seen QOTSA live and know I will again.

This will be my 7th year on the farm and it’s hands down the worst clash I’ve had at the festival!!

Couldn't have put this better myself. Agree with every word.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 12:08 AM, Deviceing said:

Think I'll put the decision off until I see the setlist from their warmups. Although the idea of either being a mile away or having to sit through Lil Nas X is probably going to be decisive. Think how much I'm itching for a pit by Sunday will also be a big factor, Amyl and the Sniffers was a highlight last year just for that. Wonder if the Elton pull will be so great that I can slip away and check out a bit of Cavetown before and still manage to wade back in? Probably not.

Amyl and the Sniffers followed by Turnstile last year was immense. Probably bumped into you in at some point there!

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2023 at 6:03 PM, JP1994 said:

Exactly this, Elton and QOTSA are the two acts I want to see the most. Except I’m leaning to Elton 90/10, because I will get a chance to see QOTSA again. Also, they will never, NEVER be as good as in 2011. QOTSA at Glasto 2011 still is one of my all time favourite shows.

• Like 1

The New album is absolute fire. This is the best album they have done for awhile far better than Clockwork and Villains. 

It's for more riff heavy, straight up classics Queens I am unbelievably hyped for them now. 

Riffs, Grooves and Raw production. 

Edited by Xeph1995

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

The New album is absolute fire. This is the best album they have done for awhile far better than Clockwork and Villains. 

It's for more riff heavy, straight up classics Queens I am unbelievably hyped for them now. 

Genuinely it's unreal. 

Do u have a link to download..? Don't think I can wait until Friday!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Genuinely it's unreal. 

DM me a link please mate

The only thing that potentially puts me off choosing Elton (over QOTSA) is the potential size of the crowd. I think it's gonna be a monster. Coupled with the fact that I also want to see TWOD beforehand, it might be difficult getting anything like a decent spot in the Pyramid field. Seeing Elton from a good position might mean sacrificing TWOD and QOTSA! 

1 hour ago, Xeph1995 said:

Riffs, Grooves and Raw production. 

Better than Like Clockwork? I just can’t believe that’s true, but we shall see…

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The only thing that potentially puts me off choosing Elton (over QOTSA) is the potential size of the crowd. I think it's gonna be a monster. Coupled with the fact that I also want to see TWOD beforehand, it might be difficult getting anything like a decent spot in the Pyramid field. Seeing Elton from a good position might mean sacrificing TWOD and QOTSA! 

I was gutted about the prospect of missing Elton but this album has blown me away so much that I'm genuinely not even bothered now. 

Edited by Xeph1995

I’m not quite as ecstatic about it after my first listen but did still enjoy it. I don’t think it comes close to the likes of Songs for the Deaf or Like Clockwork, but it’s instantly more enjoyable than most of Villains so that’s good enough for me, and hopefully with repeat listens more will jump out at me.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m not quite as ecstatic about it after my first listen but did still enjoy it. I don’t think it comes close to the likes of Songs for the Deaf or Like Clockwork, but it’s instantly more enjoyable than most of Villains so that’s good enough for me, and hopefully with repeat listens more will jump out at me.

You see I never really got the hype of Like Clockwork, that and Villains are my least favourites. 

My favourites are Self Titled, Songs for the Dead and Rated R equally. 

Era Vulgaris and Lullabies next and I would say this new one for me is on the same level as these.

With Like Clockwork and Villains at the bottom. 

There are still moments I enjoy on both of these but the overall vibe just doesn't do it for me as much. 

Edited by Xeph1995

4 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

You see I never really got the hype of Like Clockwork, that and Villains are my least favourites. 

My favourites are Self Titled, Songs for the Dead and Rated R equally. 

Era Vulgaris and Lullabies next and I would say this new one for me is on the same level as these.

With Like Clockwork and Villains at the bottom. 

There are still moments I enjoy on both of these but the overall vibe just doesn't do it for me as much. 

Makes sense. The new one sounds like a bit of a mix of self-titled/Rated R and Era Vulgaris to me - less pop leaning like they did with the last two, more grimey chugging desert rock like those earlier releases. Much like Era Vulgaris, I think this one is gonna take a few listens to really get in to for me.