Bar prices

brettredmayne

Don't really mind for prices too much, always find them cheaper at Glasto than other festivals. But when I'm spending a fiver on a pint I'd prefer a fresh one, not one that's been sat on a table going warm and flat for half hour. I know it speeds up service but a really annoying trend all the bars seem to do :(

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, rpfranks said:

Over £4 you're looking at places like The Victoria, Brewdog, Island Bar and so on.

I'm in Northfield at the moment but lived in Selly Oak for most of my life.  I do like Loaf in Stirchley :) 

British Oak for me:D

45 minutes ago, mattiosmith said:

I was wondering this, I saw on another thread that someone ended up with no booze in their drink so it makes me question it more.

Whenever I've been the queue has been ridiculous so I've never partaken myself.

This was me, so will never buy from there again as better cocktails on site

37 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Just out of interest the people outside the Beat Hotel "doing nothing" what exactly do you want them to do? 

They're at a festival, they should be having fun - having a dance, maybe having a drink and a chat, smiling, doing something other than standing around on a set of steps glaring through sunglasses! 

13 minutes ago, brendan84 said:

Where else would you recommend?

This place called Cockatoo which is at bottom of T&C fields with a bird cage on top of it - I'm sure prices were 50p cheaper last year too

There is also a few places in the green fields that do the odd random cocktail too, but never remember where they are lol

Glastonbury 2015 350.JPG

Edited by shoptildrop

34 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Don't really mind for prices too much, always find them cheaper at Glasto than other festivals. But when I'm spending a fiver on a pint I'd prefer a fresh one, not one that's been sat on a table going warm and flat for half hour. I know it speeds up service but a really annoying trend all the bars seem to do :(

Good point this, anyone ever ask for a fresh one? 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Maybe they are having fun? 

Well, good luck to em if they are. My fun tends to involve much more smiling, and less in the way of staring.

(Not that I want to come across as one of those tiresome pricks who creep up on you and shout SMILE! like my old boss did, the weirdo) 

45 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I would have said oooops sorry changed my mind and walked away.

It's a bit of a long, and not too interesting, story but I didn't even need to buy those drinks, as a rich relative of my wife's was footing the entire drinks and food bill (it will have cost him several thousand pounds I'd say). 

11 hours ago, rpfranks said:

It's a cruel life when less than £5 for a pint is seen as something to celebrate. 

Tis indeed, especially when you consider you can buy many ales at around 70-90 quid a barrel inc. tax and that's just as a punter off the street, let alone a bar who would gain better pricing for larger volumes.  The cost of lager is generally more, which is one of the biggest scams out there as it's quick brewing, hardly any hops or expensive ingredients.  Pretty much most of the mass produced lager in the UK is a rip off imho and there's a reason why supermarkets can sell for so low (and it's not just because it's a loss leader).  £5 is a joke and bars/pubs up and down the land get away with it.

10 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

This place called Cockatoo which is at bottom of T&C fields with a bird cage on top of it - I'm sure prices were 50p cheaper last year too

There is also a few places in the green fields that do the odd random cocktail too, but never remember where they are lol

Glastonbury 2015 350.JPG

This place, in the T&C with the dancer in a cage on top of it, is fantastic. If lethal.

13 hours ago, rpfranks said:

Beat Hotel is full of people standing underneath the sign doing nothing all day and has never really appealed to me... I may try and pop my head in for Jamie XX on Sunday night, though I imagine this will be roadblocked.

That outskirts of the beat hotel is, squeeze past and get in down near the front and it's much better