Primavera 2018

Runnerups

horrendous line up.

there are stuff there that i want see for sure. enough to keep me interested and for my group to have a good time. if i still lived in london, id say no but , its easy to get to now. 

mad cool sunday is better than all this together, for me personally. primavera please drop a good line up. please. 

2 hours ago, brayshizzle said:

horrendous line up.

there are stuff there that i want see for sure. enough to keep me interested and for my group to have a good time. if i still lived in london, id say no but , its easy to get to now. 

mad cool sunday is better than all this together, for me personally. primavera please drop a good line up. please. 

As much as I agree, the funny thing is that I'll probably dislike Primavera line-up just as much if not more....that's personal tastes though. Mad Cool looks decent but NIN and QOTSA does nothing for me.

I'd say Bonnaroo will kicks Coachella's arse but last time I thought that it wasn't a lot different with Lollapalooza even being slightly better. The thing is when hip hop is the major in thing etc....there will be no place isn't it's in more than the states.

Edited by thewayiam
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, brayshizzle said:

horrendous line up.

I also don't like the Coachella line up, but it's definitely better than anything mad cool has to offer on Sunday :D 
Still I have to do through this line up as I haven't heard most of the stuff announced today... 

So what do we make of it for Primavera?

There was some theories that we're waiting for some headline to announce coachella first, so are we getting weeknd or eminem? Please don't, also seems unlikely to me.

From the subs there's no big name that wasn't announced anyehere in Europe yet, so holding here nither.

Do you think this lineup tells us anything nee about PS lineup?

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Reckon Yeah Yeah Yeahs will be on it seeing as they seemingly vanish from Europe after All Points East.

Ah yeah you might be right. Would be a shame as they would go down really well at Primavera.

Although to be fair there has been a few artists who have done both fests in recent years (Mac and Kamasi Washington off the top of my head). We'll see soon anyhow. 

Edited by sgreen7643

1 hour ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

So what do we make of it for Primavera?

There was some theories that we're waiting for some headline to announce coachella first, so are we getting weeknd or eminem? Please don't, also seems unlikely to me.

From the subs there's no big name that wasn't announced anyehere in Europe yet, so holding here nither.

Do you think this lineup tells us anything nee about PS lineup?

Stuff I think...

Vince Staples & Tyler the Creator look like they'll be this yer hip hop artists (been discussed previously).

Soulwax and Chromeo would be cool.

The kind of stuff I think would fit on the Primavera line up...

Perfume Genuis (not sure if he's played/ if so how close), Alt-J (?), War on Drugs, Fleet Foxes (maybe not), First Aid Kit, Jessie Ware, FIDLAR.

Playing elsewhere in Barcelona/ Spain and discussed already, but confused as to why Primavera didn't book them...

St Vincent, David Byrne, A Perfect Circle. 

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

There's still a little hope for David Byrne. The Cure and others played Bilbao BBK and Primavera.

He also plays Cruilla that weekend, looking like the biggest name on another festival in Parc del Forum. Can't imagine they will share him with Primavera while still looking to sell tickets.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Gov Ball line up at noon. Get ready to cross out all yer faves although looking at US festival lineups nowadays maybe not? Reckon Yeah Yeah Yeahs will be on it seeing as they seemingly vanish from Europe after All Points East.

Gov Ball had about four or five names in common with Primavera this year. If they're on day 2 or 3 they can just about play.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why did I not just get Mad Cool tickets last week fuck

Yeah I have the same problem. The only acts on there that I was expecting to play Primavera are Jack White, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Sylvan Esso, Alvvays and Moses Sumney but I guess they're all pretty unlikely now.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why did I not just get Mad Cool tickets last week fuck

10 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I have the same problem. The only acts on there that I was expecting to play Primavera are Jack White, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Sylvan Esso, Alvvays and Moses Sumney but I guess they're all pretty unlikely now.

C'mon hurry, we still have a place for you :D

11 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Agreed. Far, far worse than Coachella

Huh I like that line up. Also I think it’s more balanced than Coachella, as in the alternative acts will actually get something of a crowd unlike Coachella where most people will be there for charts bops.

3 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

C'mon hurry, we still have a place for you :D

Ah cba rushing now. Resigned to either secondary market tickets or finding a festival near the time that rides Mad Cool’s coattails instead. :P

Edited by dentalplan