Primavera 2018

Runnerups

50 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The Spanish website wake and listen posted these names as rumours today (most of which have already been discussed) . They also say we are a 'few' days before the announcement...albeit Gabi did originally say mid-January and is a more reliable source.

-Grizzly Bear

-Girlpool

-Tyler, The Creator

-The Lemon Twigs

-Yeah Yeah Yeahs

-(Sandy) Alex G

-Hazel English

-Perfume Genius

-Deerhunter

-Mura Masa

-Lorde

-Mogwai

-Vagabon

-Beach Fossils

-Waxahatchee

You left out their strong rumors part:

-The National

-Carpenter Brut

-The War On Drugs

-SZA

-Shellac

-Björk

-At the Drive-In

-Childhood

-Nick Cave

SZA and Carpentrr brut are the new names here.

Anything removed? I remember seeing the shins there but not anymore (were removed las update)

Jack White is playing at Boston the weekend before his headlining set at Ney York/Primavera weekend. Given that he's been heavily rumoured for Bonaroo (June 7th) there's a pretty clear run of US festivals. I can't see him doing Boston-Barcelona-NY so I guess he's out after all.

I'm hoping so hard that they will reveal the line up tomorrow.

Most years they have something interactive to announce the line up (a game, a video,...). But is it mostly announced in advance when they will release it (like for example it will be announced nex week tuesday around noon or tonight at 8PM we announce the line up) or was the line up just randomly put online in the past without an exact indication? 

Jack White not playing is a strange one. Gabi doesn’t seem like someone who would just lie so it’s very odd that he said “I think so” when asked about Jack White playing just last month.

Obviously Primavera will get The National and Tyler, the Creator from that Boston Calling lineup but I’m also hoping for Julien Baker, Zola Jesus and Big Thief.

Edited by kingcrawler

When he said "I think so" the question was "Is it the year of Jack White?". As I understood it, he was implying Jack White would play in Spain this year, not necessarily Primavera.

IIRC, every year the line-up dropped in January they did it around the 23th so I wouldn't expect it before. Maybe in two weeks if we're lucky but I think it'll be closer to the 26th than to the 19th.

• Upvote 1

If YYY's don't play that will be the biggest surprise for me...

Seems Menzingers will be one of the punk acts at Primavera too, if I'm not getting confused with the 100 festival line ups that have been announced, APART from Primavera, haha!

Maybe Primavera have an exclusive on someone, similar to BST have The Pixies only European festival appearance?