2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Ah OK, though looking at that 'next year' is very explicit compared to the rest of it that seems to be talking about the here and now. We shall see before long.

Yeah if they're talking about 2019 for Noel it seems like a weird way of putting it. Would make much more sense to say "Noel Gallagher is playing, too" or something. Sounds like 2020 to me.

25 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I tend to agree that Noel is 2020 as in the full dicussion when 'next year' was mentioned it was said that, for example, Fleetwood Mac were not this year.

Aye. I think it's just as things are termed. He did say on radio he'd probably be put 4th down but the slot he'd like is opening Other so if they can get someone his size opening that then fair. Tbh the only thing stopping from being down to the Mancis etc size that would get that now is who he is. But I imagine Noel and Liam the same day would also create great publicity for the fest.

15 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah if they're talking about 2019 for Noel it seems like a weird way of putting it. Would make much more sense to say "Noel Gallagher is playing, too" or something. Sounds like 2020 to me.

Yes this was my exact thinking. Or “Noel Gallagher is also playing next year” unless they were just typing fast and missed out an “also”

50 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I've never seen any act pack out that field for the other opening slot and ive seen quite a few since 2002 .... maybe he would fill it... but I don't think so 

This isn't James or the Kaiser Chiefs though. This is one of the main guys from one of the biggest British bands of all time, playing their songs, with his brother on site too and the inevitable reunion rumours that'll bring.

It would be heaving beyond breaking point.

Other stage is about 40,000 - 45,000 capacity IIRC. With 135,000 public tickets, that's quite a proportion of the site who'd need to drag their asses out of their tents for 11am after the traditional heavy Thursday night to fill the field. Not saying he wouldn't fill it but I think there would be quite a proportion who'd fall into my category of 'if I've got up in time, had a cuppa, breakfast, had a poo, sorted myself out, then I'll go down and see him'.

I've only ever made one Friday opener and that was James...where we all stood around and watched a load of wood chippings be laid for about 30 minutes. 

Edited by Keithy

1 minute ago, TheNoise said:

Or could it be about ego ? Rather than have to play a lesser slot on the pyramid he can say he got to choose his own ?

Nah he meant so he could get pissed the rest of the weekend, pretty common thing for bands I know who’ve played Glasto to say.

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

This is one of the main guys from one of the biggest British bands of all time, playing their songs, with his brother on site too and the inevitable reunion rumours that'll bring.

It would be heaving beyond breaking point.

Is he ? Admittedly I'm not an Oasis fan but I would have put them below Blur and Pulp from the same era let alone all time. Can you compare them to Queen, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zep ?

• Downvote 1

Just now, TheNoise said:

Is he ? Admittedly I'm not an Oasis fan but I would have put them below Blur and Pulp from the same era let alone all time. Can you compare them to Queen, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zep ?

Oasis are streets ahead of Blur and Pulp in terms of the size. I'd put them on a par if not higher than Led Zep and Floyd. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Divein said:

Oasis are streets ahead of Blur and Pulp in terms of the size. I'd put them on a par if not higher than Led Zep and Floyd. 

I guess I just don't get them. I'd say I need to give them another listen but meh, life's too short. It would be interesting to see if people are still talking about them in forty years though. Unlikely I'll get to find out tbf.

8 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

I guess I just don't get them. I'd say I need to give them another listen but meh, life's too short. It would be interesting to see if people are still talking about them in forty years though. Unlikely I'll get to find out tbf.

Well yeah they suck but they're still the biggest band of the past several decades.