Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

Just now, Lucy92 said:

Oh god the realisation I don't have tickets yet has hit. That's such a good line up

Same same, and I won't be in a position to afford one next month either :( But even as someone not going, I'm proud to be a Glastonbury fan this morning. In a year when every major festival in this country - and most in the rest of the world, too - have pulled out disappointing line-ups from top to bottom, Glastonbury have smashed it with probably their strongest first announcement ever. Just wonderful to see.

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Same same, and I won't be in a position to afford one next month either :( But even as someone not going, I'm proud to be a Glastonbury fan this morning. In a year when every major festival in this country - and most in the rest of the world, too - have pulled out disappointing line-ups from top to bottom, Glastonbury have smashed it with probably their strongest first announcement ever. Just wonderful to see.

Oh that really sucks :( I'm sorry you can't go! 

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

Oh that really sucks :( I'm sorry you can't go! 

Thank you :( It sucks but I'll be plonked in front of the telly all weekend thinking of you all, of course, and I'll be damned if I can't get as excited about the first poster as I always did :D

Edited by Zac Quinn

Just now, Lucy92 said:

Ah that's a shame you aren't trying in the resale! 

Not sure yet.... me and the gf want to go but a) I am waiting for an op and don't know yet.... will have to check re: refunds and the insurance to see if that is covered if I have to jack in for the op and b ) her dad is our driver and she flatly refuses to do anything other than drive down.... no coach..... no train..... so without her dad we have no option!

I reckon the resale will be 22nd April though so I have time to badger the old fart into one last Glasto. He's 61 and has tennis and golfers elbow in either elbow and arthritis in one knee and a cyst on the other. If I sort him half oz of Jamaican Old Holborn and shitloads of coffee I should be able to get him there one last time :P

Not over yet..... plus he will like at least 10/15 acts on that lineup so theres at least that

16 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Hence the sad face! Although this year is looking unlikely, when they've been expected every year since 2013, so just maybe we'll get a pleasant surprise this time.

I am over the moon - didn't want to tempt fate and didn't believe it would happen but I shouted out load when I read it!!!

4 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Not sure yet.... me and the gf want to go but a) I am waiting for an op and don't know yet.... will have to check re: refunds and the insurance to see if that is covered if I have to jack in for the op and b ) her dad is our driver and she flatly refuses to do anything other than drive down.... no coach..... no train..... so without her dad we have no option!

I reckon the resale will be 22nd April though so I have time to badger the old fart into one last Glasto. He's 61 and has tennis and golfers elbow in either elbow and arthritis in one knee and a cyst on the other. If I sort him half oz of Jamaican Old Holborn and shitloads of coffee I should be able to get him there one last time :P

Not over yet..... plus he will like at least 10/15 acts on that lineup so theres at least that

Fingers crossed! 

First, I'm bloody happy that the lineup poster has come, as it's a sign the festival is approaching fast. It's nice to get some definites down and start having a listen too. Only downer is that most of them we knew already on here! Still love the anticipation and build up tho. 

Person im most excited to see on there? Probably Katy Perry cos she's a complete random person to have there - despite me thinking she's shit, she's got some good karaoke style singalongs that we can all have a party too. Oh, plus she's really hot. That too. 

I'm happy with a lot on there, here's hoping we get more soon, already looking better for me than last years line up on a personal note

9 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I thought the same initially... No offence to eFesters, it's all about opinion. I think there's quite a lot still yet to be announced given there are a few glaring omissions.

Like you say, All about opinion so fair comment. Personally i think 2014 was the strongest in years and this one comes in second. I was disappointed with last year and 2015.

1 minute ago, Familiar2billions said:

Like you say, All about opinion so fair comment. Personally i think 2014 was the strongest in years and this one comes in second. I was disappointed with last year and 2015.

Aye it's no 2014 (which for me was almost perfect) but it's still very very good. I think finding out about half of the acts on there beforehand has softened my opinion on them despite them still being stellar.