Frank carter and the rattlesnakes.....

waterfalls212434

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sounding really good on iplayer, if I was at Glasto I'd have probs gone to Barry Gibb because i'd have thought the atmosphere would have been better but looks like that would have been the wrong decision.

On 2017-1-9 at 10:11 AM, HoTWire said:

Probably has too much blood and thunder for Glastonbury now days. :)

I'd love to see them, suspect it'll be at another event though...

Well I was wrong, they did book them and they were phenomenal.  Frank Carter is an incredible front man. The crowd were great, even if half of them were waiting for The Killers, they let themselves get swept along with Mr. Carter.  One of the festival highlights for sure. They totally smashed it.

I was there, waiting for The Killers on tge 4th row. I'm bot a mosher at all, so didn't quite enjoy the crowd pushing during certain bits, but I really enjoyed the gig. The crowd were great, Frank was a great frontman. One of my favourite surprises of the festival!

This is totally not my sort of music, in fact it couldn't be any further removed from the music I like..... so I am still puzzling just how it was, that I ended up being crowd surfed right to the front.  btw I am nearly 50!!!  Never even thought about wanting to crowd surf and I went about it the wrong way up lol!..... Now that is proof it takes a showman like Frank, to enable that sort of thing to happen.  ps none of my pals managed to get a photo - does anyone have a video as I don't thing the BBC are showing it?

10 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Expected to enjoy this but I wouldn't have ever have guessed it would be this good! The women crowdsurfing without worry was a joy, Frank getting a bunch of Killers fans on board for I Hate You, the whole thing was a delight. 

It was a joy doing it Alex.... :-)  

Must admit, only went to this to beat the inevitable crowds for The Killers (seemingly like most other people there unfortunately) and I've not listened to any of his stuff since Gallows, but I thought he was ace! Definitely gonna be checking out the albums now. Him getting people to circle pit outside of the tent was hilarious (although somewhat even more hilarious that none of them seemed to get back in, freeing tons of space for The Killers crowd (including me). 

Not the best playing to a crowd of people just waiting to see somebody else, but he sure put on a show and seemed to win over a few people.