Refreshinator

Glasto peaches

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All See/Glasto have to do is find a way to embed a random number somewhere in the page and then it'll appear as changed each time to these apps, therefore rendering them useless.

i certainly wouldn't be relying on something like this, especially as it's against the terms & conditions.

9 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Ooo, that's deep like Thom. 

That sort of shit'll get you laid. Brilliant. 

If you think that's deep, cope a bit of this;

DULCE ET DECORUM EST(1)

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares(2) we turned our backs
And towards our distant rest(3) began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots(4) 
Of tired, outstripped(5) Five-Nines(6) that dropped behind.
Gas!(7) Gas! Quick, boys! – An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets(8) just in time;
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling,
And flound'ring like a man in fire or lime(9) . . .
Dim, through the misty panes(10) and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering,(11) choking, drowning.
If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud(12) 
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest(13) 
To children ardent(14) for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori.(15)

Wilfred Owen
Thought to have been written between 8 October 1917  and March, 1918

I would add that all the spokesperson for the app has said regarding the validity of tickets bought via refreshinator is  "Our advice is to study the website, the FAQs and terms and conditions of purchase and make up your own mind about it." which makes me think they're not all that confident in the security of buying using the app 

14 minutes ago, themuel said:

Has anyone actually asked the question to the festival? 

Yes, it's on the link:

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/glastonbury-2017-ios-apple-ticket-page-app-could-invalidate-ticket-sales-festival-goers-warned/story-29759560-detail/story.html

Mad Scientist didn't quite get the quote right above; the festival are the ones who are non commital, saying "our advice is to study the website, the FAQs and terms and conditions of purchase and make up your own mind about it.".

It's the app makers who say "the app is not multi-hit software - it's simply a browser that refreshes the page - the same as someone hitting F5 repeatedly. It's just that it can recognise changes to the page just a bit faster than a human can".

So God knows.

5 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

It's the app makers who say "the app is not multi-hit software - it's simply a browser that refreshes the page - the same as someone hitting F5 repeatedly. It's just that it can recognise changes to the page just a bit faster than a human can".

So multi-hit software, then.

Their own video is what puts me off. Yes it goes incredibly hard, but if they're actively looking for people using this kind of thing, they'll easily spot an IP address refreshing 'faster than a human can'.

If you do that, it's of no benefit. Things like this are only helpful if they expedite the process.

I may decide to have this as a secondary device running on a cellular connection, but I'll still be hitting F5 like my life depends on it. If this app gets through on my phone, it'll take much more time inputting the reg details than if I get through on my laptop and copy and paste in a few short seconds.

I still haven't decided about refreshinator yet.

I doubt I will bother, like people said if they do suss it is multi hit software and cancel the tickets booked using it, we will all be sitting there in tears with egg on our faces. I'll stick with the trusty F5 most likely and not risk having potential tickets struck off.

Would they be able to easily differentiate between the use of multiple auto refresh apps and multiple people in one home trying from different devices?  They'd both appear to be from the same IP address and each browser or person would have a different server session (if it was lucky enough to get one).  I'm not convinced they could be arsed with the hassle of policing this and the warning against multi-hit software in the FAQ may be their token attempt to put people off.  In saying that, is it worth the risk though?  If I used something like this and bagged tickets, I'd be bricking it that they were going to be cancelled right up until I handed the ticket over on the 21st June!

9 hours ago, kalifire said:

If you do that, it's of no benefit. Things like this are only helpful if they expedite the process.

I may decide to have this as a secondary device running on a cellular connection, but I'll still be hitting F5 like my life depends on it. If this app gets through on my phone, it'll take much more time inputting the reg details than if I get through on my laptop and copy and paste in a few short seconds.

45 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

This!

I always try on my phone as well as PCs but worry about that being the one getting through. I go into panic shakey mode when I get the booking page and even copy and paste is dodgy. Typing on a phone with my sausage fingers would be harem scarem to say the least!

In the keyboard settings on iPhone there is a text replacement option where you can set up shortcuts. 
I'm probably going to have this running on my phone, even though it's likely to be a waste of money it would be gutting to hear about lots of people scoring tickets with it. 
Charm x

14 minutes ago, Charm said:

In the keyboard settings on iPhone there is a text replacement option where you can set up shortcuts. 
I'm probably going to have this running on my phone, even though it's likely to be a waste of money it would be gutting to hear about lots of people scoring tickets with it. 
Charm x

I had the shortcuts set up for the resales, but for some reason the postcodes won't fill in on the booking page. I've tried different ways of entering both the shortcut and the text I want to replace it with but it still won't work. Works fine when I try it on other sites. 

I've no idea why it's happening but worth bearing in mind that you may find the same thing on T Day. Forewarned and all that. 

4 minutes ago, musky said:

I had the shortcuts set up for the resales, but for some reason the postcodes won't fill in on the booking page. I've tried different ways of entering both the shortcut and the text I want to replace it with but it still won't work. Works fine when I try it on other sites. 

I've no idea why it's happening but worth bearing in mind that you may find the same thing on T Day. Forewarned and all that. 

Thanks hun, that's good to know. 
Charm x