Backdoor link to booking page?

MadScientist

On 9/5/2016 at 10:14 PM, mr jolly said:

I agree but it's the page you need to see if you've any chance of a ticket. If it wasn't for the good folk on here posting links to that page I genuinely don't think I'd have a cat in hells chance of ever getting tickets. So thank you all!

Did you get one with a backdoor link posted on here like?

I have always thought back door links were a thing of the past. I'm in the camp of using the page Glastonbury / Seetickets share and hammering f5 until I get through or it changes to sold out. 

But it seems to vary from person to person. I suggest lucky pants and lot of finger crossing! I'm trying not to think about ticket day. It seems to have appeared quickly this year, I feel like the festival wasn't that long ago!

On 4 September 2016 at 4:32 PM, musky said:

I just replied to your other post, but the page isn't available now. If you're not going for coach tickets you could try then to get your browser to store the details.

The holding page is still available if you want to practice your F5 action though! :)

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy

That page makes my tummy go funny. 

On 6 September 2016 at 11:02 PM, MadScientist said:

Did you get one with a backdoor link posted on here like?

Yep quite a few people post links but it's not really a backdoor link as such,it's just the holding page that counts down from 20 seconds. That page alone can be tricky enough to get onto,once you onto the holding page it's up to the F5 gods !!

People usually post a link direct to the booking page on T Day, but this year it didn't work quite as it had before. Previously if you landed on the booking page via the direct link you would proceed with the booking as usual. This year a lot of people were reporting they were then booted back to the holding page. So it might seem that they've plugged this particular 'shortcut' and using a direct link has no benefit.

1 hour ago, netspy said:

Dates are wrong on those pages, last years dates! Still a work in progress I think, bear in mind if you are saving these links they are for THURSDAY travel, no sign of any for Wednesday yet, maybe they won't run coaches on weds this year after the traffic problems?

want tickets for 2025?

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2025-ticket-coach-travel-deposits/worthy-farm-pilton-somerset/1100011

How about tickets for 2099?

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2099-ticket-coach-travel-deposits/worthy-farm-pilton-somerset/1100011

There's naff all about these that are good, they're simply last year's old pages (with a bit of changed text for 2017) and that old redirection.

They might work on the day to avoid using the glastonbury.seetickets.com redirecting link, but there's actually zero difference in what either does and absolutely no advantage from using one and not the other.

Doesn't back door links relate to a sale a few years ago, when some people realised they could press back once they had tickets and get in again to buy more, so they copied the URL and sent it to their friends and it helped them get in too?

Pretty sure they quickly closed that loophole and now the it's just various links to different landing pages that all end up directing to the same place anyway.

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Doesn't back door links relate to a sale a few years ago, when some people realised they could press back once they had tickets and get in again to buy more, so they copied the URL and sent it to their friends and it helped them get in too?

Pretty sure they quickly closed that loophole and now the it's just various links to different landing pages that all end up directing to the same place anyway.

it's been a variety of different things over the years, all closed down.

Ones I can remember include the freya link and the hosts file hack, as well as the one you mention.

12 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it's been a variety of different things over the years, all closed down.

Ones I can remember include the freya link and the hosts file hack, as well as the one you mention.

Yep....See have got it pretty tight now....a further Host file hack that allowed you to buy tickets from their DR platform instead of the main farm (which worked for the 2014 resale) is also now closed off, at least during the GF sales.  In fact I know of at least 3 IP ranges that will currently service a functioning See page if you resolve to them...but you'd be running a significant risk if you used them during the main sales nowadays.....