Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Before fees, it's apparently £35, £70, £100 and £175, with £70 also covering standing. I imagine the lions share of tickets will be £70 and £100 - I can't see any band in the world, including a U2/NG billing, being able to shift more than five thousand tickets at near 200 quid a pop for lower tier seating in a stadium.

Hopefully the £35 ones are a decent chunk, like fifteen to twenty percent of tickets, rather than a lip service of 5%. I'm running on a tight budget, but this is one I don't think I could forgive myself for missing. The Joshua Tree is one of my musical cornerstones, alongside Darkness on the Edge of Town and New Gold Dream. My childhood was built on those records. And Shania Twain's Come On Over, but we'll ignore that.

Are £35 tickets going to be worth it?

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

All the US festivals are disappointing tbh so far. 

Yes indeed, I believe Bonnaroo drops on the 11th. Am I correct in saying thought this is basically a less impressive Primavera?

3 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

Bonnaroo will not be a good lineup besides the big attention-grabbing name U2 and maybe a few other rare gets.

Shaky Knees lineup comes out tomorrow and should be a good genre-specific lineup

None of the big multi-genre US festivals will top Coachella. 

Probably correct. That's not good as Coachella is pretty poor.

19 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

Is it me or is the line up a bit weaker than last years? Definitely had more "bigger" acts last year

Maybe, but last year it was just set out like Coachella's little brother and loads of acts crossed over. Now Goldenvoice seem to have held some big draws off the Coachella poster to feature here and make it a bit different. I like the look of the Gov Ball bill too but if Panorama's top agenda was to take them on then they have done and have stamped them into the ground.

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

All the US festivals are disappointing tbh so far. 

Really? Coachella's headliners are about as strong as they could be, and acts are dispersed right across the board at this point. What do you think is missing from the fests so far?

22 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Gonna guess A Tribe Called Quest just won't be ready by Primavera/Gov Ball/Coachella and this July date (plus others) will be the start of their tour, with European festivals coming afterwards in late Summer if they happen at all. Think Bestival is more likely than Glasto.

Possibly, but it's also conceivable that this had to be the first festival announced as it's a hometown show with major backing, and they might get written into a few more line ups around the world later on. They seemed match fit on SNL a few weeks back.

edit: tho looking at the p4k write-up, they say that Panorama will be their first show in three years. Dunno if that's official but that'd be a bummer.

Edited by dentalplan

31 minutes ago, Keith_pepp said:

Well Franz Ferdinand are off the list.. :(

Screenshot_2017-01-09-17-35-27.png

oh man :( guessing they'll have stopped touring again by 2019 too so it'll be at least 11 years between appearances (excluding FFS) before they are back on the Farm. Wish they hadn't been booked so high in 2009 if it means they can't move down the line up to be squeezed in again for the forseeable

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe, but last year it was just set out like Coachella's little brother and loads of acts crossed over. Now Goldenvoice seem to have held some big draws off the Coachella poster to feature here and make it a bit different. I like the look of the Gov Ball bill too but if Panorama's top agenda was to take them on then they have done and have stamped them into the ground.

Really? Coachella's headliners are about as strong as they could be, and acts are dispersed right across the board at this point. What do you think is missing from the fests so far?

Its all a bit samey and the headliners are all bands who have played relatively recently or arent massively inspiring.

Tbf, i think coachella is one of the better ones line up wise