Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Wouldn't call that a worry so much as guilty pleasure. I've heard decent things about them live - though not actually seen them myself.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah to be fair I saw them support Slipknot a couple of years ago and thought they'd be okay for a laugh and nothing more, but they were actually ace and blew Slipknot out of the water. I mean, they're still fucking shite music-wise, but I had a great time pretending they weren't for one night and pretending I was 14 again. 

I saw them when I was 17. They were awesome! But then their albums got shit (or I out grew it...who knows which)...although these comments make me want to get a Sunday Leeds day ticket just for them

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

We should have a thread for this. Guiltiest live pleasure. Do we already have one? 

An excellent idea!!!

Just looking at that Leeds sunday lineup again...it's like someone went inside my life and picked my favourite bands/DJs from 15-25. Got the initial eminiem covered (14-15), followed by Korn (16-19) followed by my two favourite Drum and Bass DJs (20-25). Creepy. And some newer editions...although most of them are/may be confirmed for Glastonbury....

http://www.leedsfestival.com/line-up/poster

I want Reading to book something that sticks out and says 'money' like it used to, something that separates it from other lineups and not lineups that are scraping £150, for me there is about £125/30 worth max when I consider how important the act is to me and the length of set I will get compared to seeing them normally. Marmozets, Liam and Bear's Den will probably appear at Glastonbury at the Lockup TBA which is apparently LTJ can be seen at Slam Dunk and along with another I would catch for £50.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I want Reading to book something that sticks out and says 'money' like it used to, something that separates it from other lineups and not lineups that are scraping £150, for me there is about £125/30 worth max when I consider how important the act is to me and the length of set I will get compared to seeing them normally. Marmozets, Liam and Bear's Den will probably appear at Glastonbury at the Lockup TBA which is apparently LTJ can be seen at Slam Dunk and along with another I would catch for £50.

Eminem screams 'money' but in the worst way possible.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Eminem screams 'money' but in the worst way possible.

If I hadn't seen him at V and Wembley then yes he would but unfortunately I saw enough at Wembley to see how much he doesn't perform by himself now and that's most likely because he can't now which isn't an excuse in my book. He isn't in that whole fold either now of coming back and playing 1st time in years, been over every couple of years since 2011. Most likely release an album and go and sell out Wembley again mind you.

Bored in the library innit, also I am terrible at this as you know

Friday

Pyramid: Radiohead, The XX, Royal Blood, Stormzy, Kris Kristofferson, First Aid Kit
Other: Major Lazer, Lorde, The Flaming Lips, Liam Gallagher
West Holts: Bonobo, DJ Shadow
John Peel: Run The Jewels, Dizzie Rascal
Park: Ride

Saturday

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, The National, Katy Perry, Kaiser Chiefs, Craig David, Clean Bandit.
Other: Alt J, Haim, Courteeners, Father John Misty, Glass Animals
West Holts: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches
John Peel: Future Islands, Goldfrapp
Park: Warpaint

Sunday

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, Biffy Clyro, Chic ft. Nile Rogers, Barry Gib, Emeli Sande, Blossoms
Other: Boy Better Know, London Grammar, Pheonix, Kano
West Holts: Justice, Little Dragon
John Peel: Metronomy, Moderat
Park: Laura Marling, The Cinematic Orchestra

35 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Pyramid: Radiohead, The XX, Royal Blood, Stormzy, Kris Kristofferson, First Aid Kit

Saturday

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, The National, Katy Perry, Kaiser Chiefs, Craig David, Clean Bandit.

Sunday

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, Biffy Clyro, Chic ft. Nile Rogers, Barry Gib, Emeli Sande, Blossoms

YOU BASTARD

14 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Moderat - anybody have any info on what stage will be on? I was hoping WH pre Justice but seems like people think they will be on JP?

Could go either way really. I'm also hoping for pre-Justice as that'd be ace, but just got a feeling they'll be in the John Peel instead.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Radiohead vs. RTJ? Justice vs. Laura Marling? This would be cruel.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

This would be alright

28 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

I reckon for pyramid this will be at least 80% accurate:

pyramidddddddddd.png

No chance of that Saturday working out that way, there won't be 8 acts on the day for a start. KC playing 3rd down in very unrealistic atm and Sunday is unlikely. Move Gibb up one, put Perry 3rd on Saturday with one less act and KC down at least one and you'll be closer.

If that Sunday came off it would be the strongest day and stage booking that they'll ever pull off and could only happen if Chic was the Legend in the end and Gibb just doing a set.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No chance of that Saturday working out that way, there won't be 8 acts on the day for a start. KC playing 3rd down in very unrealistic atm and Sunday is unlikely. Move Gibb up one, put Perry 3rd on Saturday with one less act and KC down at least one and you'll be closer.

If that Sunday came off it would be the strongest day and stage booking that they'll ever pull off and could only happen if Chic was the Legend in the end and Gibb just doing a set.

Well I was only copying from last year's schedule and they had 8 acts on Saturday so I don't see why not again. I gave Foo a 2 hours 15 mins set which seems reasonable. I'm actually quite certain all of those are Pyramid acts, just the placements that might be slightly off. But pretty sure its going to be more or less accurate.

I think the reason why there was no announcement for the legend slot this year  is because Gibb is not playing in the tea time slot.

14 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

Well I was only copying from last year's schedule and they had 8 acts on Saturday so I don't see why not again. I gave Foo a 2 hours 15 mins set which seems reasonable. I'm actually quite certain all of those are Pyramid acts, just the placements that might be slightly off. But pretty sure its going to be more or less accurate.

I think the reason why there was no announcement for the legend slot this year  is because Gibb is not playing in the tea time slot.

The reason why not again is because FF will have 2hrs 30mins and not the 2hrs 15 you have put down, they were given that in 2015 and will be again at least and why there will only be 7 acts. Added to that if Katy Perry is Saturday which she will be now they might give her the 1hr 15 mins that Robert Plant was given.

Radiohead aren't getting 90 minutes. Blasphemy.

25 songs or we riot.

That run on Friday would be tasty indeed. Hopefully the Flaming Lips would clash with Royal Blood, giving me Lorde>Lips>xx>'head. Not holding my breath though.

46 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The reason why not again is because FF will have 2hrs 30mins and not the 2hrs 15 you have put down, they were given that in 2015 and will be again at least and why there will only be 7 acts. Added to that if Katy Perry is Saturday which she will be now they might give her the 1hr 15 mins that Robert Plant was given.

How many Acts were pencilled in for the last time Foo's were meant to headline?