Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I predict a riot :ph34r:

Biffy and Ed following on Bazza and Chic kind of proves contemporary is not all it is cracked up to be. If anyone wanted evidence that the saying 'It was better in my day' has some validity, then there you have it.

I don't think I could have a better running 4 this year myself.

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

Nights Out is album that put them on the radar, but you might recognize more from the next album The English Riviera...they always seem to end their sets with song of their 1st album though called "you could easily have me" which is different again but great bloody tune

Metronomy are very consistent live and are great to watch live, so if you not sure what to do have a listen and check them out - we'll be the one bouncing like lunatics at the back :D

Then you have more recent stuff

Just listened to a few of their tracks. Shocked at how many I knew without realising who they were by. These sound right up my st, will have a proper listen tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

20 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Just listened to a few of their tracks. Shocked at how many I knew without realising who they were by. These sound right up my st, will have a proper listen tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

Glad to help, I love Metronomy as totally solid live :)

10 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Good stuff mate, I hope you have a fantastic day. Would not begrudge you that even if you are a rag :-D

Thanks haha. Tbf Biffy into FF would have been fine but it might work out better this way. What I'm kind of hoping for now is Ashcroft to be the opening Friday Other act or subbing to Major Lazer with Lorde under BBK or Alt-J.....which is possible as being opposite Biffy/FF with their set is something that would happen and should be more likely. 

Its 1am & so I cba to figure out how to get it as one image but ere you go. Caps are from the poster (and I still need to play around with the actual timings). 

This is a private clashfinder so if you give me your username I can add you & you can green it up as long as you promise to be good & not edit it :ph34r:

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 00.51.15.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 00.51.24.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 00.51.51.png

Edited by MattDavies__

7 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Its 1am & so I cba to figure out how to get it as one image but ere you go. Caps are from the poster (and I still need to play around with the actual timings). 

This is a private clashfinder so if you give me your username I can add you & you can green it up as long as you promise to be good & not edit it :ph34r:

Tbf I'd take that but The Coral will play and Shaggy/Craig David clash I can't see happening. I think it's made to suggest Chic that low down as well.

Only major clash in RTJ and RB but I'd watch most of RTJ and see if it's for me and head over to RB as they'll play a couple of main one's at the end.

5 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Has it been confirmed that Foos are playing for 2.5 hours? I was worried about a clash between them and alt-J but this way I can at least catch some of both. 

45 minutes ago, Brumbot said:

Has it been confirmed that Foos are playing for 2.5 hours? I was worried about a clash between them and alt-J but this way I can at least catch some of both. 

No confirmed but considering Dave made a comment on playing for three hours and them loving to do long sets anyway it seems a good bet that they'll get about that long.

21 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Why are we edging towards Justice Sunday West Holts? I was still clinging to the theory of Jamiroquai for the slot and he's not been announced yet due to ticket sales for they're/his own tour not being sold out yet 

Somebody on another message board apparently claimed to have seen the WH lineup and said that Justice are headlining the Sunday, although other than the Jacksons > Solange > Avalanches run that we already know about didn't give away any further details so it may well turn out to be b/s (although even if it was I still think that's where Justice will end up).

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A night's kip has not dimmed by anguish at this c**ty confluence.

K-Pez wins the toss, but missing Toots is heartbreaking.

Why don't you go see Toots on tour?, the chances are you wouldn't see Perry on tour...I don't think a fair percentage of this forum would tbh.

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Tbf I'd take that but The Coral will play and Shaggy/Craig David clash I can't see happening. I think it's made to suggest Chic that low down as well.

Only major clash in RTJ and RB but I'd watch most of RTJ and see if it's for me and head over to RB as they'll play a couple of main one's at the end.

Has there been any hard evidence that The Coral are playing? Was gutted to see them not on the bill. 

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A night's kip has not dimmed by anguish at this c**ty confluence.

K-Pez wins the toss, but missing Toots is heartbreaking.

The Avalanches are the greatest loss in that clash for me (seeing Solange at Primavera so I can get over that). Had kind of come to terms with the fact I'd possibly end up missing them, but the more I think about it (and especially how sweet that WH run is altogether)... damn I'm pissed.

Usually Glastonbury likes their subs to complement their headliners, so Biffy before Ed Sheeran, presumably in between him and Katy Perry, is an odd top two, when Biffy into Foos would have made a lot more sense.

Radiohead/The XX
Foo Fighters/Biffy Clyro
Ed Sheeran/Katy Perry

Just now, VCK said:

Usually Glastonbury likes their subs to complement their headliners, so Biffy before Ed Sheeran, presumably in between him and Katy Perry, is an odd top two, when Biffy into Foos would have made a lot more sense.

Radiohead/The XX
Foo Fighters/Biffy Clyro
Ed Sheeran/Katy Perry

Do they? I would say a lot of it is do to with crowd management keep them moving, Adele / Tame Impala last year?

on the Other stage this year you'll see someone like Courteeners subbing BBK

Just now, VCK said:

Radiohead/The XX
Foo Fighters/Biffy Clyro
Ed Sheeran/Katy Perry

Although I agree, Biffy in to Foos seemed too similar - mini Foos in to actual Foos - so whilst The National before Foos isn't ideal, I like that they're shaking it up a bit. Interested to hear how Biffy go down. I'm sure they'll do a hell of a better job of it than previous weirdly placed subs, but then I was also deep in Beck's crowd last year and saw how utterly uninterested people waiting for the following headliner can be. An odd crowd for them for sure, and a big fear I have about The National's crowd also (The xx are the only ones who've got a pretty sweet deal).

8 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

STICK!!!

The usual Friday clusterfuck of clashes will no doubt continue. Can't see Chic playing that low down though...

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Positioning if Chic is an interesting variable.

Are they as big as the acts that have followed the Legend Slot in previous years - Ellie Goulding, Alt-J, Ed Sheeran?

I wouldn't have said so.

So it's last chance saloon time - Chic on before Right Bazza and K-Pez on afterwards keeps the dream alive.

I'd say they're possibly not as big as those acts, but they're definitely a bigger deal (especially at Glastonbury) than the acts that have preceded the legend slot. Really they'd be most at home in the fourth down slot imo. But I'll take this theory if it removes some of that Saturday Pyramid/WH clash that we seem to have going.