Jamie T

brettredmayne

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trick took a couple of listens, but now it's never off my Spotify. Highlights are definitely Dragon Bones, Tescoland, Joan of Arc, Robin Hood and Crossfire Love.

High up on the Pyramid for Glasto '17? Or maybe headline the Other?

Edited by StLewi

Great album - lots of plays over the past two weeks.

Power Over Men, Crossfire Lover, Joan of Arc, Dragon Bones all great tunes. 

Really excited to see them live. Fingers crossed he makes an appearance.

I guess in terms of when and where, he can't headline JP again, it would have to be headline slot on Other Stage or high on the Pyramid?

44 minutes ago, Ducky89 said:

I guess in terms of when and where, he can't headline JP again, it would have to be headline slot on Other Stage or high on the Pyramid?

high (third?) Pyramid seems like the only good spot left for him really. could picture him going down well after the legend slot on the Sunday

On 9/13/2016 at 1:45 PM, Johnkhutch said:

Managed to get a ticket for his gig at Liverpool Olympia! Unreserved Upper Balcony though, anyone know how easy it is to sneak my way into standing or will I need a Twix?

It's really easy to get into the standing section at the Olympia. From what I remember, you have to walk through the standing section to get to the balcony anyway and both of the times that I've been there they haven't used wristbands or anything of the sort to differentiate between people in different sections so I'm guessing you'll be fine haha 

Just listening to the album for the first time now - had gone off Jamie T for a while (I think due to overwatching/listening).

Tescoland is a cracker. Power Over Men, Joan of Arc and Solomon Eagle have all impressed on first listening. Robin Hood is a Ramones nod isnt it? thats what i got from it.

Will be on next weeks Jools Holland as well

Edit: add Crossfire Love to that as well. Album is quite impressive - I like it.

Edited by mjsell

14 hours ago, SamMiley said:

It's really easy to get into the standing section at the Olympia. From what I remember, you have to walk through the standing section to get to the balcony anyway and both of the times that I've been there they haven't used wristbands or anything of the sort to differentiate between people in different sections so I'm guessing you'll be fine haha 

Cheers mate, here's hoping it's as easy as you say; the thought of being on the balcony for Jamie T and not in the pit is heartbreaking!

3 hours ago, FestiZebra said:

Anyone going to Brixton to see Jamie T before glasto ticket day? Gonna be even worse to experience hungover!

Some mates are going. I decided against it, as i just feel like I have seen him too much in the last few years - closer it gets the more I think I may regret that decision.

Jamie T is one of the only acts that all of my extended group of friends agree on, so must have seen him about 5 or 6 times in total now I'd say.

Edited by mjsell

• 2 weeks later...