Sun claim ed sheeran is headlining

Matt42

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MadScientist said:

Not sure this is entirely accurate. Anyone in Liverpool will tell you they absolutely do not have a track record of "getting things right" 

I think they just mean with regards to the festival. That rag has been correct with a few headliners recently.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think they just mean with regards to the festival. That rag has been correct with a few headliners recently.

And miles off when they not only predicted the Foo Fighters for this year, but claimed it was definite - and kept on it even when it was obvious they weren't touring including publishing articles where they referred to them as "confirmed".

So definitely not to be treated as a gospel source.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Someone seems to have info that he's been offered the Saturday...

That was me. I know a close friend of Ed's, he told me about him being asked to headline 2017 a couple of months back. I'll see if he's heard anything else recently.

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

They'd draw a huge crowd and bring the communal singalong element.

For that slot you either need to bring a party (Roses would) or offer something else like Adele or Kanye.

If Sunday is the 'cosy' slot with the singalong then out of the three it's The Roses. We all agree Radiohead playing for a fourth time isn't going to be much of a talking point, putting them on Friday. So that leaves our boy Ed as the 'main' Saturday headliner.

He's still shit though.

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Anybody who doesn't grit their teeth and shudder when they hear "it's too co-old outside for angels to fly" is no friend of mine.

Had no idea what that lyric was and I forgot that song even existed.

That was a nice throwback to when he first came out and all the indie crew from the year above me at school were raving over Ed Sheeran on Facebook. Wonder what their views are now.

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Had no idea what that lyric was and I forgot that song even existed.

That was a nice throwback to when he first came out and all the indie crew from the year above me at school were raving over Ed Sheeran on Facebook. Wonder what their views are now.

Only song I know of his, except for his guest appearance on Miss Taylor's superbly lovely Everything Has Changed.

I actually saw him perform live in a 100 capacity venue before he got on the radio (weren't my idea of an evening out like). Thought he was shit then, my feelings haven't changed.

Saw ed play at literally a tiny venue once

I guess you have to take your hat off to him, he's a prime example that the little man can eventually become the biggest act in the world

Perfect Glastonbury headlining material if you ask me? Even if his music is a bit naff

He is just shit. The dullest of the dull.

I was having a moan about him and someone sent me a video of him playing guitar to show me "how talented he is".

He should be a session guitarist, cos he can play. Or he needs to start getting off his head and have a Miley Cyrus style musical awakening. Get hammered with the flaming lips, and write something more interesting.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Ho hum, second consecutive year I'll be away from any Pyramid headliners I suspect.

I much prefer Ramsbottom festivals headliners this year - (Your avatar is ramsbottom isn't it?) 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

My husbands rationale for the EU referendum was "do the opposite if whatever the sun was saying"

So I'm sure that could be applied here. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

In other news I've seen Ed a few times at festivals and at his on gig and I whilst he has the material he doesn't give off the "warm fuzzy feeling's " you want in a headliner at Glastonbury.

He comes across quite arrogant... not in the "good sexy" kind of way... but more in the I'm a bit of twat way....

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

He is just shit. The dullest of the dull.

I was having a moan about him and someone sent me a video of him playing guitar to show me "how talented he is".

He should be a session guitarist, cos he can play. Or he needs to start getting off his head and have a Miley Cyrus style musical awakening. Get hammered with the flaming lips, and write something more interesting.

I much prefer Ramsbottom festivals headliners this year - (Your avatar is ramsbottom isn't it?) 

Yes you're spot on. I work the festival. If you are coming say hello. 

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes you're spot on. I work the festival. If you are coming say hello. 

Last year was the first one I had been to. (Proclaimers day). We all really enjoyed it  - maximised the space well. It is really well ran. I will definitely be coming for the Sunday again. Hopefully Saturday too, but I am currently in work on that day.

I only realised yesterday that I don't actually like his music as much as I thought I did. I gave his two albums a listen - they were ok and I thought a few of the tracks were decent.

However the thing that struck me most was, when put into the context of Ed potentially being next year's headliner - I just wasn't that excited at all. 

It then got me thinking about when I did already see him on the Pyramid back in 2014, albeit further down the bill. Again, it was ok, and a couple of his tracks were decent. Was I particularly excited? No, not really. 

If that's how I felt then, I fear I will only be left more disappointed if he does headline next year, as my expectations would only have increased. 

He's likely to release another album before then and he might release something special. Then again, he might not.

Ticket pending, as things stand I'll be looking elsewhere next year and closing the day out at another stage. The problem I have atm is that the other half IS excited at the news that it may well be Ed. I really need the Eavii to put something big on another stage to help me convince the other half that that's where we need to be!

Edited by djdavejohnson

On 07/07/2016 at 4:10 PM, thefatherofgeorge said:

Don`t buy the scum.

JFT 96

Don't fund Murdoch at all. Ditch your Sky packages.

Brexit was Murdoch taking back control. "When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

It's time those funding his dictatorship woke up.