Sun claim ed sheeran is headlining

Matt42

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Obvious booking and a good booking. Won't be there but good on him. Hoping for some big NIN jams on the Other Stage at the same time.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i can't get this idea out of my head. perfect alternative to Sheeran. christ i hope if they're active they're approached and Trent is up for it. fuck them doing Reading/Leeds again or fucking TITP

NIN would slay the Other. If only the festival would recognise Reznor's superior quality of music over Sheeran. They should be slaying the Pyramid.

The classics I.e. Wish, Closer, The Hand that Feeds, Head like a hole, with some of my more obscure favourites would be top stuff.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Ed Sheeran, even though I don't listen to many other artists classified so clearly as 'pop' like he is. He was my favourite Glastonbury performer in 2014. I think he will get a massive crowd if he headlines, even if I am there surrounded by a much younger audience. If Radiohead headline aswell I will be well happy! 

11 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Does he ever play with a band? It'll be weird to have a Pyramid headliner that's just one guy on the stage. However good his loop pedal.

Kanye West did it, and as much as i thought it was awful a lot of people seemed to like it

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He did.

Are we thinking Elton legend, Ed Sunday night?

I always thought Ed was more suited to Sunday night.... However, I just put £10 on him to headline Saturday at 12/1 so I'm pretty up for that.

3 minutes ago, wilem said:

I always thought Ed was more suited to Sunday night.... However, I just put £10 on him to headline Saturday at 12/1 so I'm pretty up for that.

I wouldn't really see him as a festival closer, more of the Adele / Kanye Saturday night slot.

Like a lot here I wouldn't be that keen on seeing him, don't have anything against him and some of his stuff's pretty good, but not what I'd be looking for at all.

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

I wouldn't really see him as a festival closer, more of the Adele / Kanye Saturday night slot.

I just always viewed Sunday as the more tame slot, take Mumford and Suns and Kasabian for example.... it's the urm 'boring' slot.

17 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ed isn't going to bring the party to Saturday night, nor does he have the sheer personality to pull it off like Adele did.

Sunday definitely feels right for him.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Moment of solemnity, please, as we pause to remember that Kasabian actually headlined the thing - and a mere two years ago.

A more harrowing thought - after another album, they'll probably be back :o

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ed isn't going to bring the party to Saturday night, nor does he have the sheer personality to pull it off like Adele did.

Sunday definitely feels right for him.

7 minutes ago, wilem said:

I just always viewed Sunday as the more tame slot, take Mumford and Suns and Kasabian for example.... it's the urm 'boring' slot.

Fair enough.  I suppose that I think of it as being, if not an 'exciting' slot then at least one with some big tunes and big singalongs - Blur, Stevie Wonder, The Who, Coldplay.  Mumford were, I thought, a few albums too early as they didn't have enough big tunes, so the anomaly there.

I just don't see Sheeran having the big crowd numbers.  But maybe because I'm not a fan.

2 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

Friday Foos/roses

saturday Sheeran

sunday Radiohead

they are the 4 most likely to play and I can't see Radiohead being the crowd pleasing Saturday slot despite the fans on here.

In that case I'd go:

Fri - Radiohead

Sat - Roses

Sun - Sheeran

The last few Saturday headliners have been the focal point of the whole festival - Adele, Kanye, Metallica, Stones. The whole build up was "can they perform? Should they be there? etc" They generated a buzz and interest that stretched far wider than just the festival.

Sheeran may be a worthy headliner, but he won't generate anywhere near the interest required for a Saturday headliner. 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

In that case I'd go:

Fri - Radiohead

Sat - Roses

Sun - Sheeran

The last few Saturday headliners have been the focal point of the whole festival - Adele, Kanye, Metallica, Stones. The whole build up was "can they perform? Should they be there? etc" They generated a buzz and interest that stretched far wider than just the festival.

Sheeran may be a worthy headliner, but he won't generate anywhere near the interest required for a Saturday headliner. 

I actually feel like the Roses are the act with the least amount of focal point from those 3. But maybe thats just me.