Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

This. 

Disappointed I can't even afford to get excited about potentially being disappointed. 

Its getting harder to be a 'regular gig-goer' these days. 

Depends on the acts you see. I always thought the big gigs like these are typically for the people who aren't regular gig goers.

Gonna have to skip Manchester as the money might be better kept for bands who won't be doing Glastonbury or, better yet, all the bands I'll be sad to miss while Radiohead are on. :P

Just now, dentalplan said:

Depends on the acts you see. I always thought the big gigs like these are typically for the people who aren't regular gig goers.

Gonna have to skip Manchester as the money might be better kept for bands who won't be doing Glastonbury or, better yet, all the bands I'll be sad to miss while Radiohead are on. :P

I know what you mean, Dental, but - random example - a Warpaint gig, a Grandaddy comeback and 3 or 4 nights at the Joiners watching up and comers + Glastonbury and we're easily into small car purchasing territory these days. 

I sound old. 

And skint. 

I am quite possibly both. 

And my car goes in for a service tomorrow. So I'm fucked. 

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

So, Child 3 (RH obsessive, Roundhouse veteran) and I were chatting about their playing the festival next year, and made up a game.

I told him that there were six songs that, if they played them, I wouldn't care if the rest of the setlist was solely from Pablo Honey and TKOL (not a fan, sorry...)!

He correctly guessed them with only one error. They are (in no particular order):

2+2=5

There There

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Exit Music (For A Film)

Knives Out

15 Step

There it is folks, the beginning of the infamous "which six Radiohead songs would make you not give a shit about the rest of the setlist" game.

Let's 'ave it.

:)

Ben

Don't want to be *that guy* but didn't we do this about 50 pages ago?

Optimistic

Reckoner

Just

Mixymotosis

Exit Music

Karma Police

Not too bothered about this with it being so close to Glasto. Gonna ask my dad if he fancies going and if he does I'll go and sit with him and my brother and buy my brother's ticket as his Christmas present. I'd be perfectly happy to sit since, as mentioned, I'll be seeing them standing at Glastonbury just before. If he doesn't fancy it I might not bother; probably better off saving the money really.

2 minutes ago, TBD said:

Climbing up the walls

Exit music

There There

Reckoner

Idioteque

Street spirit

Those are the realistic ones, dream six would be;

Life in a glasshouse (with full band ofc)

Like spinning plates

I might be wrong

Blackstar

Let down

Packt like sardines

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

So, Child 3 (RH obsessive, Roundhouse veteran) and I were chatting about their playing the festival next year, and made up a game.

I told him that there were six songs that, if they played them, I wouldn't care if the rest of the setlist was solely from Pablo Honey and TKOL (not a fan, sorry...)!

He correctly guessed them with only one error. They are (in no particular order):

2+2=5

There There

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Exit Music (For A Film)

Knives Out

15 Step

There it is folks, the beginning of the infamous "which six Radiohead songs would make you not give a shit about the rest of the setlist" game.

Let's 'ave it.

Ben

I like it Benjamin!

Airbag

Nude

Optimistic

2+2=5

Planet Telex

There, There

My God that was a lot harder than I thought. Must have swapped tunes in and out 10 times at least.

Edited by Stokesy10

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Let Down

How to Disappear Completely

There There

Reckoner

Optimistic

The Bends

three of those are quite likely - the other three maybe not so much. i'd be happy with just the likely three tbh. any more would be a huge bonus

I would 100% be as ecstatic with this 6 as my own selections. Amazing. I reckon I could do 3 or 4 groups of 6 different tunes where Ben's question would apply. Would be completely fine with just those and then The Gloaming on repeat. 

Having thought about it, I've seen Radiohead seven or eight times, in big and small venues. Seen them do sets of rarities and fan favourites as well as career spanning sets (the 2008 Old Trafford setlist  will never be beaten, look it up).

At Glastonbury it won't just be obsessives like us, there'll be a huge section of people who only know the most popular stuff. I actually want them to do a greatest hits set at GF. As populist as they can, get the entire field going, if they bring the hits the atmosphere there will be fantastic.

For that reason I'm changing it to:

Creep

Street Spirit

Paranoid Android

Karma Police

No Surprises 

There There

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

2+2=5

There There

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Exit Music (For A Film)

Knives Out

15 Step

Let's 'ave it.

Ben

Fake Plastic Trees

Myxomatosis

Paranoid Android

The National Anthem

Ideoteque