Headliner predictions 2017

swede

6 minutes ago, russycarps said:

in my mind his image is all an act and he always seems happy to laugh at himself and doesnt take himself seriously.

Could well be an enormous throbber in real life, like

Given your distain for football fans I also find your liking of Danny "Pwopa Nawty" Dyer, star of hundreds of identical films about football hooliganism, bizarre.

I suspect he's a colossal weapon in real life too.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He's be a popular booking with a limited demographic.  Closest recent equivalent would be Arcade Fire.  For everyone overjoyed by it there'd be an equal number of people saying 'Whozat?'

maybe on a Fri, but not sat or sun. other stage headliner?

Edited by zahidf

9 minutes ago, LeeGalvin said:

To be honest I couldn't give two fucks about the other headliners now that Radiohead have been announced. One Pyramid headliner per festival is more than enough for me, and Radiohead have always been my ultimate wish. 

So if it is KoL and Sheeran, I'll happily seek out the other stages on those nights. A good West Holts or Park headliner would do nicely. Keeping fingers crossed for someone like Bjork!

NAILED IT 

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Anything to do with The Stone Roses does not deserve any up votes this morning mate :-(

It is not the fact they are not playing the festival which is the real sickner, it is the fact that when it came to the crunch, they have just ended up being full of shit. Take the easy option and the big pay cheques. Now we all need money but how many millions do they actually need? They are not spending it on haircuts, clobber or mach 3's are they.

All they have done is milk their fans with extortionate ticket prices, while the rumour of a new album ended up being 2 substandard guitar tunes, with one having the most embarrassing chorus you have ever heard.

The Stones Roses, the band that talked the talk but could not walk the walk.

I'm pretty disappointed as well, but I really feel your pain more. There's nothing quite as sad as seeing a band you really believe in make awful career choices. The Roses now seem to exist in a weird place where they don't quite fit in with modern bands, and seem to have little intention of staying relevant. I wonder how long they will continue to sell out stadiums as their fanbase continues to grow older. It might be an over-reaction on my part, but to me it feels like for Glastonbury this year was now or never (unless they release a good album in the future).

7 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

No chance :( Not anywhere even close to big enough during that brief resurgence in popularity a decade so ago, let alone now

Definitely an outside bet

He seems to have been so preoccupied with Trolls lately that a new album being out before 2018 would be a surprise. Would be my choice though, puts on a fantastic show

Maybe can hope for Jamiroquai on smaller stage. Dream live gig.

JT would be excellent choice if available.

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I care more now that Radiohead have been announced. As thats already one headliner I won't be watching.

Glad The Roses and Daft Punk aren't either as I would be giving them the swerve too. Happy to see the dice rolled now! 

Similar boat.  Stone roses being out is also a plus for me.  Would love Daft Punk to be there.  I only have the Saturday now as my work shift is on the Sunday evening.

If the headliners have indeed been booked for quite a while, Fleetwood Mac could well be one of them. They've obviously been a long term target and would likely be the kind of act that takes a fair amount of negotiation. 

Edited by jparx

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

I'm pretty disappointed as well, but I really feel your pain more. There's nothing quite as sad as seeing a band you really believe in make awful career choices. The Roses now seem to exist in a weird place where they don't quite fit in with modern bands, and seem to have little intention of staying relevant. I wonder how long they will continue to sell out stadiums as their fanbase continues to grow older. It might be an over-reaction on my part, but to me it feels like for Glastonbury this year was now or never (unless they release a good album in the future).

They'll just bugger off for a few years then triumphantly return to milk the same c**ts for even more money for the same set.

Fuck 'em.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Given your distain for football fans I also find your liking of Danny "Pwopa Nawty" Dyer, star of hundreds of identical films about football hooliganism, bizarre.

I suspect he's a colossal weapon in real life too.

I absolutely LOVED the series he did where he met up with the football hooligans from places like burnley etc. And the one where the hard men of various obscure towns. Fantastic television.

One that always sticks in my mind is where is was admiring a hooligans trainers "Oh laverly pair of trotters my san"

trotters! 

Popey clocking in here.

The way Eavis said 'DP and stone roses...not true' sounds to me as though it could definitely still be one or the other.  

Have to say Pyramid headlines don't bother me either way. I didn't see any of the headliners this year.

Kano

New Order

Earth Wind and Fire

All were fantastic