BBC Glasto Coverage

RadioheadConfirned

3 minutes ago, Sidasta said:

This is the point where those people without tickets are better off avoiding the BBC. Unless it's just me who gets the festival blues.

^^^^ So much this.  I couldn't bear to watch or listen either of the past two years (Even worse than not getting tickets - had them both years but for various reasons couldn't go...)

Don't need to worry about that this time around! :D

Wondering whether to set the recorder for the highlights... Thinking not at the mo, as watching anything will only make the post-festival blues worse.  Curious what others do?

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Guesses for opening credits song and song used for extended highlights montage?

Opening credits: Up and Up - Coldplay

Montage: Mr Blue Sky - ELO

If they use Mr Blue Sky you'd like to think the weather would have been pretty decent.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

"UK’s most-loved presenters - including Chris Evans, Jo Whiley, Dermot O’Leary"

Surely that's tongue in cheek?

They need Adam and Joe back on it, I've got their radio show from 2010(?) lined up to listen to on the way down to the festival!

Didn't  Joe call Rolf Harris bi-polar and get in loads of trouble for it? Wasn't even the half of it!! :o

Edited by mattiosmith

Dermot seems a decent enough bloke, and his Radio 2 show on a Saturday is harmless enough, if a little too twee. Don't have any particular problem with Whiley either.

I've got a few from over the years on my Sky Plus. Chic's show gets played quite often in my house.

10 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Wondering whether to set the recorder for the highlights... Thinking not at the mo, as watching anything will only make the post-festival blues worse.  Curious what others do?

Part of my Glastonbury comedown process is to watch the highlights and any main-stage sets I had to miss due to clashes.  It doesn't give me blues, instead takes me back and prolongs the good feels. I still occasionally watch favourite sets that I attended in 2014 - Bombay Bicycle Club on the Other Stage gets a lot of playback.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

"UK’s most-loved presenters - including Chris Evans, Jo Whiley, Dermot O’Leary"

Surely that's tongue in cheek?

Why has Jo whiley not aged a day in 20 years? Each year poor mark Radcliffe looks increasingly ravaged by time, yet she looks exactly the same as when channel 4 used to cover it in the 90s!

2 minutes ago, mattiosmith said:

They need Adam and Joe back on it, I've got their radio show from 2010(?) lined up to listen to on the way down to the festival!

Didn't  Joe call Rolf Harris bi-polar and get in loads of trouble for it? Wasn't even the half of it!! :o

I think they described him as "mildly autistic" and he used his influence with the BBC to get them taken off presenting.

I wonder what he could have known about that would have carried sufficient sway....

They are surely now vindicated, not sure they would be up for doing it any more though.

pretty much the same as always so...

loved watching the TV coverage before I started going over to Glastonbury, and loved watching it back last year, even though I know realise how little of the festival it actually shows.

it's a pity they don't show more stages though, but I guess the other ones would need camera crews which is too costly. a Boiler Room type setup with one fixed camera, streamed on the website would be good for a few more stages though.

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

^^^^ So much this.  I couldn't bear to watch or listen either of the past two years (Even worse than not getting tickets - had them both years but for various reasons couldn't go...)

Don't need to worry about that this time around! :D

I did the opposite, stuck Worthy FM + 6Music on all day, watched the live streams and ran @SecretGlasto. I enjoyed it in the end, but still really wanted to be there!

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

I only watch it when I have a ticket. Sky+ the lot. 

I only seem to watch the stuff I was at and the interviews though. I did watch Kanye back even though I wasn't out of curiosity and Ill do the same with adele this year. 

2013 I didn't get a ticket and have never seen any of it, not 1 song, even 3 years on.... not that I am bitter or anything.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Guesses for opening credits song and song used for extended highlights montage?

Opening credits: Up and Up - Coldplay

Montage: Mr Blue Sky - ELO

Hmm....wouldn't mind a punt on James 'Nothing But Love' being one of those.....uplifting chorus, 'festival love' theme, nice chimey ending....opening the festival on Thursday....

Delighted to see that Lammo is back on the line-up.

Posterity fans would do well to look at the 1995 Channel 4 coverage from the Sunday when my man discusses the best performances of the previous evening and boldly singles out The Offspring as having delivered the big surprise of the weekend, with a set that people would still be talking about many years hence.

_53013048_pulp_glasto.jpg

Prescient as ever, Steve.