The Clashes

FloorFiller

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like Michael and Emily Eavis have decided on a slightly different approach this year... That is to personally deliver the line-up to my door with an extra helping of violent and debilitating arse-fisting which will leave me unable to walk and gasping for air until the festival begins. 

I could reel of loads of clashes but there is one absolute disgrace:

Grimes, EWF, Coldplay, Cyndi Lauper, DJ Premier and LCD Soundsystem!! WHY?!!!!

I could attend every festival in the world for the rest of eternity and not encounter a clash as aids-laden as that.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That placing of the girl who wants to have fun is bizarre actually. Not enough loyal fans i wouldn't have thought whereas loads would have turned up daytime Pyramid for the big three. 

Yeah it's an utter waste, she'd get a much bigger crowd if she was on Pyramid in the daytime. Was looking forward to getting drunk and belting out Time After Time.

Muse v Sigur Ros v Richard Hawley (would have added Underworld there too but seeing them at Bluedot thank god)

Beck v Stereo Mc's

Grime v EWF but looks like could work full set of Grimes and 1/2 of EWF :)

everything else not too bad as gonna manage to see more than I expected tbh

13 minutes ago, loulouboo said:

Beck vs Peej

Cyndi v LCD ( what a waste of a spot for Cyndi - afternoon pyramid would have been glorious )

M83 v James Blake ( then the Bowie thing at park) 

roisin Murphy v Ronnie Spector v foals!! What to do what to do 

Bowie thing at the park?

3 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Yeah it's an utter waste, she'd get a much bigger crowd if she was on Pyramid in the daytime. Was looking forward to getting drunk and belting out Time After Time.

Absolutely! Would have been perfect for this and been great on the telly too. What were they thinking?? C'mon!!

Saturday night was pinned pre line-up as the weak night but it turns out to be the worst in terms of clashes. Opting for the Park from Ranglin onwards however. 

Mbongwana vs Madness causes me great pain but it has to be Madness. 

Annoyed to be having to watch AlunaGeorge and Ellie Goulding but they fit in too pefectly (before Sigur Ros, before Beck and after ELO)

All round great line up with plenty to offer, most my time spend around Park and West Holts it seems. 

15-20 minutes of Beck before dashing quickly over to PJ Harvey, all while missing Guy Garvey up at the Park, - not to mention that Gary Clark Jr is also in that slot and gets stuck into a similar late Sunday glut as he did in 2013 (Nick Cave/Smashing Pumpkins)

Still need to have a proper look through the lineup, but Sunday evening obviously jumps out.

Beck - PJ Harvey
LCD Soundsystem - Grimes - Earth, Wind & Fire - Cyndi Lauper

Thankfully seeing PJ Harvey at Field Day, and as much as I think Cyndi Lauper would be great, I don't think I really need to see her headline the acoustic tent, so at least I can rule them out.

I guess it's potentially feasible to see Beck, then Grimes, then most of LCD Soundsystem, so I may go for that.

I don't really do half sets.  Make a decision and stick with it.  Otherwise, I'll just be disappointed that I missed 2 full sets.

Lots of clashes for me:

LCD v Cyndi v Grimes (truly evil)
Skepta v Christine & the Queens
Ezra Furman v Editors
Sigur Ros v Richard Hawley
Hurts v Lapsley v Little Simz
John Grant v The Last Shadow Puppets
Adele v New Order v M83
Mystery Jets v Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott v Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
Beck v PJ Harvey v Guy Garvey v Craig David

Fortunately my only real clash is Grimes v Coldplay. Seeing Coldplay this weekend though, so will watch Grimes and then wander over to the Pyramid for the last 30/45 mins.

Still to decide on my Saturday headliner - James Blake v M83. No strong feelings either way.

Want to be on/close to the barrier for CHVRCHES so best get listening to The 1975 then...