Lineup 2018

8 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Paramore have included a night at The O2 in their UK tour early next year. Presumably makes them unlikely for BST and by extension more likely for Reading.

QOTSA/Paramore co-headline confirmed.

But nah they could headline Download along with Metallica and A7x imo. I've got BMTH down atm but Paramore would be fine.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

No Foo Fighters OR Arctic Monkeys? Now that I just don't see happening. 

Both with new albums I can see them both doing their own shows with festivals the following year with the amount of bands that have been around this year and I don't think the big headliners have done them so well this year so might go with a change and The Killers are a massive seller and doing their UK dates this year and I don't know what other festival The killers could do and that'd be a massive draw imo

23 hours ago, foolee said:

Both with new albums I can see them both doing their own shows with festivals the following year with the amount of bands that have been around this year and I don't think the big headliners have done them so well this year so might go with a change and The Killers are a massive seller and doing their UK dates this year and I don't know what other festival The killers could do and that'd be a massive draw imo

The killers could do V as per usual or IOW. 

Eminem put on once again, one of the greatest performances I've just ever seen at Leeds Fest. He's a freakin legend.

If they announced him again, I would be buzzing, but I know they won't :( hopefully he does a UK Tour instead though!

Here is what I see for the festival line up next year:

Friday: Foos / Royal Blood 

Saturday: QOTSA / BMTH

Sunday: Arctic Monkeys

• Upvote 1

On 25/08/2017 at 8:35 PM, Will-2609 said:

QOTSA/Paramore co-headline confirmed.

But nah they could headline Download along with Metallica and A7x imo. I've got BMTH down atm but Paramore would be fine.

Based on their last album are Paramore that much of a Download band anymore? I know their live performances can be havier but it seems their leaning away from that kind of stuff. TBH I could see them doing something more like ParkLife or Bestival...

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Based on their last album are Paramore that much of a Download band anymore? I know their live performances can be havier but it seems their leaning away from that kind of stuff. TBH I could see them doing something more like ParkLife or Bestival...

Aye I agree with what Dental says. Download booked Biffy this year too who are as pop as Paramore (although I guess there are still some heavier moments on their most recent albums). Didn't Cooking say recently he'd still book Paramore? Really thought BST would be their most likely destination but I dunno if their O2 date makes it unlikely. @dentalplan will probs know.

44 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Aye I agree with what Dental says. Download booked Biffy this year too who are as pop as Paramore (although I guess there are still some heavier moments on their most recent albums). Didn't Cooking say recently he'd still book Paramore? Really thought BST would be their most likely destination but I dunno if their O2 date makes it unlikely. @dentalplan will probs know.

I do actually agree with mattymooz that Paramore are pretty unsuitable for Download too.

Biffy are definitely still a rock band, it's just they've been big off peddling MOR rubbish the past few years but it's not like the likes of Aerosmith and Metallica haven't made a crack at the charts with similar tricks. Paramore's stuff on the other hand is a brand of indie pop that I don't think has ever been heard inside the walls of Download. It is, at the moment, just one album though so maybe it can be overlooked.

I guess they could still do BST (Green Day did BST and O2 this year) but I don't think they have the demand for both - their arena tour as is might be a hard task. They could easily just not do anything in Europe - with other bands it's like "they're gonna be playing all these shows in Europe so they have to fit in a UK festival" but Paramore really aren't much of a thing in Europe and could just tour USA throughout the summer months. R+L seems like the only place they can really headline in the UK and I'm sure the festival has dozens of better options at the moment - maybe they could do something at IOW or just sub somewhere.

Friday:

Main: Royal blood/Catfish and the bottlemen (co-headline) / Bombay bicycle club / Tyler the creator / Don broco / Death from above / Creeper / Basement / With confidence

NME: Future / Jack garratt

Saturday:

Main: Foo fighters / Tame impala / Wolf alice / Brand new / Bullet for my valentine / The amazons / The sherlocks / I prevail / Vukovi

NME: The kooks / Nothing but thieves

Sunday:

Main: The killers / Stormzy / Panic at the disco / Cage the elephant / The hunna / Beaertooth / State champs / The xcerts / Counterfeit

NME: Pendulum / Jungle

Fair predictions in here. Grim reading but definitely plausible.

Still looks like people don't see Royal Blood headlining outright. I don't know why the fest would have waited until (presumably) the end of their tour to have them coheadline with seemingly random names or subbing mega acts but this discussion is undoubtedly not gonna end until R+L announces it one way or another.

31 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I think Twenty One Pilots are going to play.

Yeah if they're agreeing festival slots in the area around the time, it seems very likely. The odd thing is that I think they'd be an easy headliner 2019 onwards but 2018 seems too soon. I'm anticipating them subbing Royal Blood - weakest headliner, strongest sub kinda thing.