See Coach times up?

Andeeroo

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

One of reasons I don't do coach. Plus seventy quid from Leeds means it probably works out more expensive than driving for the two of us. Even taking into account the 45 quid parking fee. 

Coach and driving now works about the same for two of us, I couldn't pass up the extra chance for tickets, plus that 16 your drive last year was a killer. I know it would have been the same stuck on a coach but I could've at least had a kip. 

50 minutes ago, The Nal said:

9.15am. Hoping they're the same next year. With no traffic its only a hop and a skip to the festival. 27 miles.

Although this year took 9 hours.

3.45pm for me & I agree it's easy from there. Only took us 2 hours, which I believe means we arrived before you :o

sadly my group failed for coach tickets this time so standards it is 

train (40 mins ish) and shuttle will be just as easy as a coach pending the sale tomorrow 

shitting it il be honest 

26 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

3.45pm for me & I agree it's easy from there. Only took us 2 hours, which I believe means we arrived before you :o

train (40 mins ish) and shuttle will be just as easy as a coach pending the sale tomorrow 

shitting it il be honest 

Yep you arrived well before me! As did my mate on the London train that left at the same time. Some people were lucky with their drivers knowing the "coach only" back roads in. Others, like our driver, didn't know that way so stayed on the main route. 

Which is fairly shabby. All the drivers should have directions.

2 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

shitting it il be honest 

You could get national express?

35 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

You could get national express?

I live closer to the site than Taunton it's already doubling my distance going there. The train is only 4 or 5 stops away to castle Carey so it's probably the easiest option. Can also get an open return for about £14 so it's way cheaper. Il get others to take my gear in their vans (pending tickets)

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

9.15am. Hoping they're the same next year. With no traffic its only a hop and a skip to the festival. 27 miles.

Although this year took 9 hours.

Brilliant thanks. I'll get me dad as taxi and bobs your uncle.   Is it selfish to try and bring trolley/sack truck?  I appreciate it might be but it will be so annoying if we don't attempt it and others do and get away with it.

1 hour ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

I live closer to the site than Taunton it's already doubling my distance going there. The train is only 4 or 5 stops away to castle Carey so it's probably the easiest option. Can also get an open return for about £14 so it's way cheaper. Il get others to take my gear in their vans (pending tickets)

Sounds like you're sorted mate, all you need now is a ticket! Good luck!!

48 minutes ago, Glasto peaches said:

Brilliant thanks. I'll get me dad as taxi and bobs your uncle.   Is it selfish to try and bring trolley/sack truck?  I appreciate it might be but it will be so annoying if we don't attempt it and others do and get away with it.

Should be ok. People had them this year.

6 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

OK Mr massive pedant of all time. That is one of the reasons I don't try for see ticket coach packages on a Thursday and I wait for the main sale on the Sunday. 

If you didn't try for coach and you missed out in general would you not be fit to top yourself? I know I would! If you don't like your return bus time with See just book another one with national express instead. Maybe you make a marginal saving by driving if you can split the costs but I'd still be trying for coach every year.

• 5 months later...

Just giving this thread a cheeky bump.

We're getting the coach Thursday from Bath. Just wondering if anyone knew the departure times from Bath last year on the Thursday? I'm assuming we'll be in the site by 12, but I just had a panic thinking what if our coach departs Bath at 3pm on the Thursday or something daft.

Cheers all!

Yup all they'd give me was that it'd be confirmed 30 days prior. Which is a bit shit for us as we all live in Colchester or London but need to get to Southampton to get the coach, so need to know whether we need to get an Air BnB or we can trek down on the day.

50 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just giving this thread a cheeky bump.

We're getting the coach Thursday from Bath. Just wondering if anyone knew the departure times from Bath last year on the Thursday? I'm assuming we'll be in the site by 12, but I just had a panic thinking what if our coach departs Bath at 3pm on the Thursday or something daft.

Cheers all!

I got the coach from Bath on the Thursday last year, I believe there were two, one in morning and one in afternoon. I left bath at approx 14:20 and we arrived on-site before 16:00.