See Coach times up?

Andeeroo

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Aww thanks for thinking of me!  I did get the email and tried to find this thread to alert others but couldn't find it (I was trying to do it quickly at work).  

So, not having actually exited New Street since all the work was done - can you tell me if there is a particular exit I should aim for? What will it be signposted?  I'm sure I'll manage but any advice would be gratefully received!

I'm pretty sure if you come out the back entrance by the Shakespeare you then go left, it's just up on the corner there. Easier to get to for me, so works for me.

6 minutes ago, Divein said:

Bloody hell I'd chance my arm on the 8am one 

yeah I can't imagine there's much at the festival on a monday, and 4pm is probably the worst time to leave! we'll try the 8am one if no luck we'll sit and wait for the 4pm one... and read a copy of war and peace :P

15 minutes ago, Perks said:

I'm pretty sure if you come out the back entrance by the Shakespeare you then go left, it's just up on the corner there. Easier to get to for me, so works for me.

Ah right!  That's the slope by Maccies isn't it and then instead of going down the slope turn left?  I was thinking of trying to come out onto Hill Street but it looks like much of a muchness from the map?  Yes, I know. I'm an overplanner!

27 minutes ago, lyndseyo said:

crikey! that means we don't leave stoke until 10:30am on thursday and don't leave the festival until 4pm on Monday! thanks for your help :) 

Blimey!  I thought 1045 from Birmingham and then 2 o'clock coach on the Monday was bad!  But I'm planning on going shopping round the stalls on the Monday morning to pick up some bargains.  Are you allowed to drink on the coach on the way back?  It might help in the minutes that I'm not asleep!

4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Ah right!  That's the slope by Maccies isn't it and then instead of going down the slope turn left?  I was thinking of trying to come out onto Hill Street but it looks like much of a muchness from the map?  Yes, I know. I'm an overplanner!

Aye that's the one, but the slope ain't there no more, you just come out by the Shakespeare. It's less than a 5 min walk then to the stops. Sorted.  When it comes to getting to Glastonbury there is no such thing as over planning :-)

23 minutes ago, Perks said:

Aye that's the one, but the slope ain't there no more, you just come out by the Shakespeare. It's less than a 5 min walk then to the stops. Sorted.  When it comes to getting to Glastonbury there is no such thing as over planning :-)

Ha ha!  Told you I hadn't been out of the station since it had been done up!  I've only changed trains there.  Just need to think which train to get in the morning now - it's about an hour for me to New Street and I can get in at 8.30, 9 or 9.30 for a 10.45 coach - I could leave it later still but I would be bricking it!  I think I'll go for the one that gets in at 9 as it starts where I get on so will get a seat and be able to stow my stuff.  An hour and a half to make a 10 minute walk should be ample I think.

13 hours ago, Perks said:

Hello dude, did your daughter get the location change email from see today? As we both predicted the town hall stop isn't in use. New stop is NEW: RAILWAY BRIDGE BUS STOPS, HILL STREET, B5 4AH. @Beerqueen note for you too in case you haven't seen the email.

sorry about the odd fonts...silly iPad....or iPad user :-)

You're a star, thanks, she's found it now thanks to your prompt. not long now!!

• 2 weeks later...

Beginning to worry about getting there in time for my coach! I'm on number 413 at 6am from London - but the first tube, apparently, gets to North Greenwich at 0542. Not a lot of wiggle room, especially if the coach park is hard to find! 

Damn Glasto jitters.

14 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Beginning to worry about getting there in time for my coach! I'm on number 413 at 6am from London - but the first tube, apparently, gets to North Greenwich at 0542. Not a lot of wiggle room, especially if the coach park is hard to find! 

Damn Glasto jitters.

I'd recommend getting an uber/taxi. They recommend getting there 15minutes before at the very least, and North Greenwich is a bit of a walk.

1 hour ago, fat_man_joe said:

Damn Glasto jitters.

There must be a bus at that time? My friends leave from the 02 at 5am haha

Edited by verrymerry

1 hour ago, The60ftOctopus said:

I'd recommend getting an uber/taxi. They recommend getting there 15minutes before at the very least, and North Greenwich is a bit of a walk.

14 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

There must be a bus at that time? My friends leave from the 02 at 5am haha

Yeah beginning to think tube might be a bit risky.

I did look at buses but an 85minute journey across London didn't tempt me too much. I'll just suck it up.

Thanks for the thoughts!

6 hours ago, fat_man_joe said:

Damn Glasto jitters.

There's no way I would leave it so tight - I would want to get in at least an hour before.  Can you book a cheap hotel nearer for the night before?  That's what I did.  Or as others have said, a taxi which is probably cheaper?

11 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

There's no way I would leave it so tight - I would want to get in at least an hour before.  Can you book a cheap hotel nearer for the night before?  That's what I did.  Or as others have said, a taxi which is probably cheaper?

Yeah I think we'll probably taxi it. I sadlycan't justify paying for a hotel when I already live in Zone 2 London!

55 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Yeah I think we'll probably taxi it. I sadlycan't justify paying for a hotel when I already live in Zone 2 London!

Ha ha!  The hotel I booked was £34 for a twin room so I didn't feel it was too extravagant!  The quote for a taxi was £70!

30 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Admittedly, I did absolutely zero research into a hotel. I'll have a look, thanks!

I did it as soon as I got my coach ticket as I wasn't allocated a time so didn't know whether it would be at 5 in the morning or lunchtime.  I live an hour from Birmingham so if it was early morning there was no way I could get there sensibly.  Sadly, my coach is at 1045 so I don't need the hotel so have cancelled it.  it was just a room in a pub so would have been ideal if I had needed it.

11 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Random question,but does anyone know if the coaches have toilets on them? Need to know whether or not I need to mentally prepare my bladder or not :D

I believe the official line is that if the trip is below 2 hours then they are not required to, so it's possible there won't be on the ones going from Bristol.

However my past experience has been that there is one.

• 3 months later...