Silver Hayes Lineup

pastorofmuppets

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MikeJ86 said:

I cant say I'm not disappointed by the lack of big names, but there's enough on there to keep me interested. It seems SH is getting a lot more diverse/cheaper acts. These Techno DJs are commanding big fees now and I reckon SH just cant afford them. I think a lot of the bigger DJs are booked for the festival purely on the fact they enjoy it. 

Fingers crossed for strong DJ line-ups from beat hotel, arcadia and the SE corner. 

Yeah you're probably bang on with the fee's thing actually. With house and techno DJ's obvs taking more of a 'headline' status especially with there Ibiza nights last few years its maybe just become too much £££ to book em at Glastonbury. I remember seeing someone ask Dubfire last year if he was gonna play Glastonbury and he said he wanted to again so much. I think one of the other problems may be Awakenings being the same bloody weekend.

1 minute ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

I think SH is likely to see a lot less traffic simply passing through for JP due to the new routes & paths which might ease the crushes a bit

with the Wow stage/area being re-configured it might help things, but it'll still be rammed if they insist on putting big names in there.

why they don't have a bigger, normal-shaped tent is beyond me.

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

with the Wow stage/area being re-configured it might help things, but it'll still be rammed if they insist on putting big names in there.

why they don't have a bigger, normal-shaped tent is beyond me.

Never actually been in there mate, haven't really spent much time of silver Hayes, but when I did venture through it was heaving 

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think I've mentioned this before but I need to give Silver Hayes another try this year. Really didn't connect with at all last year. Thought it lacked the atmosphere that Arcadia and the SE corner have. 

If you manage to see someone when its not rammed I think its a brilliant place. Patrick Topping was 10/10 last year, but thats because he was on early. 

I love the boat parties too, if the lineups are any good. Hannah Wants and the Hessle Audio ones last year were brilliant. 

15 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Awakenings Festival also sucks up quite a few techno acts on the same weekend too unfortunately:

http://www.awakeningsfestival.nl/timetable/

5 minutes ago, OBface said:

Bicep and Maceo Plex doing both. It is possible.

It is possible they seemed to manage a good balance the last few years with having a good load on the Thursday etc. I think Circoloco really made up a good bit of that though. Don't understand why that isnt back it was just so good on the Blues. Something like Elrow would work like a glove at Glastonbury. All the palava they put on has Glastonbury written all over it!! 

Edited by TaylorT

Just now, wozwebs said:

No, he was at the Stonebridge Bar in the Park area (and was great)

Thats the one mate sorry. We were at that (well outside) and had a right good doo. Was a really good way to start the festival.

I don't hold too much hope of getting in that Wow tent then. Although maybe  there will not be that many people interested in Slipmatt doing an old skool set at midnight on the last night.

34 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

Not posted round these forums for a while but had to break out after this line up....

Are any other house and techno lovers not absolutely disappointed at this???

I'm suprised Richie Hawtin isn't there, seems to be playing everywhere this summer, with Enter no longer running in Space.

We've still got the line ups from The Glade, Arcadia, Beat Hotel, The Common, Shangri-la, Unfairground & Block 9 etc to come, I always think glasto caters very well in terms of house/techno music.

1 minute ago, Tr234 said:

Will Carl Cox be on last on the glade or the same time as most other headliners? I want to see him but want to see LCD as well. If he's on after the main headliners then it's going to be packed

Do Glade headliners not go in slightly later? Tell you right now it will be absolute gridlock from folk coming from LCD into the Glade corner, to toilets, SE corner etc etc.

2 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

It is possible they seemed to manage a good balance the last few years with having a good load on the Thursday etc. I think Circoloco really made up a good bit of that though. Don't understand why that isnt back it was just so good on the Blues. Something like Elrow would work like a glove at Glastonbury. All the palava they put on has Glastonbury written all over it!! 

Elrow are currently doing a world tour, they have a tent at parklife. That would have been a brilliant booking for the Blues on thursday night. The only problem there is the sound quality after 12. 

Possibly one for LBHQ.

35 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

Not posted round these forums for a while but had to break out after this line up....

Are any other house and techno lovers not absolutely disappointed at this??? This will be my 8th Glastonbury and i think its the worst year yet for house & techno in SH. I can see maybe 3 or 4 (Maceo Plex, Leon Vynehall, Eats, Bashmore) and thats pretty much it on that whole line up. Eats & Bashmore are pretty much residents anyway. Where are the BIG guns? How can we go from having a whole host with Circoloco (the last couple years) folk like Richie Hawtin, Loco Dice, Maya Jane Coles etc to basically nothing. I mean you look at say the Parklife line up and its staggering how much Glastonbury misses out.

Really hoping there's something going on and all the house and techno is in the SE corner. It all mostly was anyway but its gonna have to really deliver to make up for that pathetic Silver Hayes line up. People might disagree with me which is fair enough. Its a forum. Folk disagree but just wanted to express my disappointment somewhere. Glastonbury is amazing no matter what i suppose but still.....

Silver Hayes definitely seems to have a much more diverse lineup this year, which will inevitably eat into the amount of techno, house etc that has pretty much dominated it in the last few years. But you've already got Arcadia, the Beat Hotel, parts of the SE corner and some sets on the Glade if that's your thing, so I really don't have a problem with SH giving more time to other genres. 

2 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

Will Carl Cox be on last on the glade or the same time as most other headliners? I want to see him but want to see LCD as well. If he's on after the main headliners then it's going to be packed

I'm hoping for the small time (or near enough) as the Pyramid headliners, will be packed otherwise.

Nic Fanciulli was packed on the Thursday last year imagine Cox to draw a even bigger crowd