new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Welcome kids

5 hours ago, Dontthrowstones said:

I thought it a great time to start getting involved in the community here. I have so many questions, most are answered by the threads but being my first year with a camper I'd like to chat with all of you lovely lot. Background:

2022 will be my 4th Glasto

First year in a campervan

2nd Glasto with my wife

2nd Glasto travelling from Korea specifically for it!

2022 will be my 3rd sunny Glasto 😉

Nice to meet you all. How exciting is this?? For those of you without tickets, I wish you the best of luck in the re-sales!

Peace and Love

x

Haven't done camper myself but tell me it is a massive road trip to get here 😃. Welcome aboard

19 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Welcome kids

Haven't done camper myself but tell me it is a massive road trip to get here 😃. Welcome aboard

I wish it was a massive road trip! That would be epic! Unfortunately just from the hire depot in London, with a cheeky stop on a mate's drive in Bristol 😆

On 3/10/2022 at 3:22 PM, curlylocks88 said:

Hello, 

Been on here a lot so should probably introduce myself. 

Living in the West Country (Bristol!) and hoping to get to my first Glasto this year in the resale 🤞 (Trying not to get hopes up). 

Welcome.

Get organised.

Get help.

Get lucky.

(Get me one if you are really lucky..!)

Hello 👋

It's been a while. Last Glastonbury wasn't great for me, I was going through a difficult time personally and being there didn't help the way I hoped/expected it to.

I have decided to try for a ticket in the resale and see what happens.

Reinstating my membership on here feels appropriate. 

Anyone who knows or remembers me, I hope you are all well x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/20/2022 at 6:04 PM, prog seller said:

Hello, After skulking about for a while I thought I'd sign up. Turns out I've been a member since 2005 🤣 and I guess its been a while. 

First glastonbury this year, and I'm obsessing over it far too much 😄

Liz

Welcome, and enjoy your first Glastonbury. You are in for a treat. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chazeboy said:

Danka schoen (probably made a mess of that spelling)

You very nearly got it right - there's an 'e' at the end of the 'Dank' part.

There's always time for an e. Actually that's not true. Although I have had 2 recently, I think I'm going to stop on that front. I've decided that they just don't work for me anymore - which they don't (so why take the risk!?).

I've just had a smoke, so am available to ramble on about other letters of the alphabet, if necessary. I'm also available for opening church fetes. Which makes one wonder just what it must feel like actually being the person who does find themselves opening a church fete? What could they possibly be thinking at the time of cutting the ribbon?

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You very nearly got it right - there's an 'e' at the end of the 'Dank' part.

There's always time for an e. Actually that's not true. Although I have had 2 recently, I think I'm going to stop on that front. I've decided that they just don't work for me anymore - which they don't (so why take the risk!?).

I've just had a smoke, so am available to ramble on about other letters of the alphabet, if necessary. I'm also available for opening church fetes. Which makes one wonder just what it must feel like actually being the person who does find themselves opening a church fete? What could they possibly be thinking at the time of cutting the ribbon?

hahahahaha im glad to be back, this cheered me up no end

Good evening folks 

First time poster in the Glastonbury forum. I was lucky enough to bag me and my mate bus package tickets from Edinburgh tonight and the buzz is real! Never been before so I am relishing the opportunity to tick Glastonbury off my bucket list with the hope that it becomes a yearly craving!

Just now, RatingsAndMoney said:

Good evening folks 

First time poster in the Glastonbury forum. I was lucky enough to bag me and my mate bus package tickets from Edinburgh tonight and the buzz is real! Never been before so I am relishing the opportunity to tick Glastonbury off my bucket list with the hope that it becomes a yearly craving!

Welcome to the forum … there’s some bloody amazing people here .. and it will enjoy the build up 🙂 

Hi folks, I am a long time lurker on this forum, finally decided to make a post and realised I actually still had an account here that I created way back in 2004 but had never used!! From Scotland and been to Glastonbury many times over the years. Last time I was able to get tickets was 2017. Hoping to make it again this year if I can be lucky enough to grab tickets in the resale, especially want to get there to see what I think will be a legendary set from Paul McCartney. 

Hello! First time posting and first time going to Glastonbury. 11am coach from London on Wednesday (sounds like I'll be in the thick of it, lol.) I will be making a solo journey over from the USA and am extremely excited. Have lurked here a little bit before but will do some digging through old threads before bugging everyone with questions that have already been asked. Looking forward to it all! 

12 hours ago, ryan_gall said:

Hi folks, I am a long time lurker on this forum, finally decided to make a post and realised I actually still had an account here that I created way back in 2004 but had never used!! From Scotland and been to Glastonbury many times over the years. Last time I was able to get tickets was 2017. Hoping to make it again this year if I can be lucky enough to grab tickets in the resale, especially want to get there to see what I think will be a legendary set from Paul McCartney. 

That is a long time lurking. Welcome ryan. 🙂

3 hours ago, Ozzyozwald said:

Hello! First time posting and first time going to Glastonbury. 11am coach from London on Wednesday (sounds like I'll be in the thick of it, lol.) I will be making a solo journey over from the USA and am extremely excited. Have lurked here a little bit before but will do some digging through old threads before bugging everyone with questions that have already been asked. Looking forward to it all! 

Welcome Ozzyozwald.

That's some commitment coming all the way from the states. I can ( very nearly almost) guarantee that you will have a ball like you have never experienced before.

My only advice would be to;

(1) Without fail, use the free lock ups to store your valuables (eg cash, passport, flight tickets etc). You can access them 24 hours of the day, so there is no need to run the risk of theft from your tent. Glastonbury has a great vibe, but there are 'some' bandits about too, as there are anywhere you go in the world.

(2) Read this thoroughly;

https://www.glastoearth.com/2021/12/faq-part-1.html

Now you may not want to know all the ins and outs beforehand. If that's the case , then don't read the above. However, my MO when going abroad (or even anywhere new in the UK) is to learn everything that you can first. That way you aren't going through the process of learning when you are actually on your holiday (vacation). That then enables you to enjoy the experience more ie. you land running.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

Very long-time lurker and have finally signed-up and decided to stop being so shy. Have also joined as a gold member to say thank you for the moral support over the years.

I finally managed to get tickets this morning and brought to an end a very stressful wait since 2019. I've been very fortunate not to have missed a Glasto since my first in 2004 and the thought of not going this year was unbearable.

On the Sunday night in 2004 I was pretty broken - I'd lost all of my mates, was out of money and my phone was dead. I was hanging about near the big tree at the top of the Pyramid field when a lady turned to me and asked "are you on your own?". When I replied "yes", she gave me a four pack of beer, a place to sit and some Haribo. That kindness is what made me fall in love with the place and I'm absolutely over the moon to be heading back.

Sam

• Upvote 2