new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Madyaker,

No, not going this year.*  In fact, I haven't been since 2014. Not sure, but I think i may have hung my Glastonbury spurs up for good. However, I'm old enough to know that one should never say never.

* - I may enter a competition or two, and if by some crazy stroke of good fortune I get a ticket that way, I may end up going. 5 of my mates are going and it would be nice to spend time with them there once again. As I say though, it'll be down to fate.

Wishing you a fab festival. 🙂

PS - I don't know why I stay around on this site given my 'retirement' from Glastonbury. I guess it just allows me to talk the bollocks that I do. 

There's no point half arseing it just join a group here next year and try in the sale, you don't have to do shrooms for 5 days straight like you probably used to, just treat it like a relaxing holiday, bring a caravan etc.

3 hours ago, Madyaker said:

There's no point half arseing it just join a group here next year and try in the sale, you don't have to do shrooms for 5 days straight like you probably used to, just treat it like a relaxing holiday, bring a caravan etc.

I may well do that. I / we (my wife and I) do have a campervan. It would seem odd going to Glastonbury and not camping near enough where I have always camped though - especially if my mates were there next year and were camped. I must say though that I do feel that I should have one last fandango with Glastonbury. And it would indeed be a more slowed down affair. It would have to be. In fact, I think I would thoroughly enjoy it. So, yeah - never say never.

By the way - I have never done a 5 day shroom bender. I don't really like tripping too much nowadays. That said, I did try some DMT the other week, but that wasn't such a pleasant experience. Oh and I kind of took some 2cb yesterday morning, and that was OK for a while, but overall strengthened my resolve to keep clear of tripping. 

Oh, another story from about 2 months ago - our speed dealer (at that time. He has since been fired!) accidentally (or maybe even on purpose) gave me a wrap of ket amongst a load of wraps of speed. Anyway, me and my wife were kind of drunk one night and failed to notice the difference between the two (which is fairly obvious even to the untrained eye). So we rack up two very large lines and have one each. Now it's important to say at this point that we run an Airbnb. I say this because my wife ended up in the Airbnb cabin (ie with our guests. Our surprised guests, to be more accurate) on her hands and knees, declaring all sorts of nonsense to them, while trying to help them light the log fire. I on the other hand was sprawled out on our bed thinking that I was the God Molecule - whatever that is! 

Talking of 'God' - if there really is a God (ie singular) do you think that God ever gets existential angst? That's to anybody reading this.

Answers on a post card to

Boris's Johnston

10 Downing Street

London

SW1A 2AA

• Upvote 1

Hi All,

This year will be the second glasto for me, first was in 2019. I stayed in a local hotel the night before and rocked up to the car park reasonably early, walked right in at Gate D - good camping spot in Paines (others who stayed in car park overnight queued for 5 hours at Gate A!!!). I’ve plumped for a campervan this year, can not wait to be back. 🙌🏼

On 4/22/2022 at 3:13 PM, GlastoMom said:

Hi All,

This year will be the second glasto for me, first was in 2019. I stayed in a local hotel the night before and rocked up to the car park reasonably early, walked right in at Gate D - good camping spot in Paines (others who stayed in car park overnight queued for 5 hours at Gate A!!!). I’ve plumped for a campervan this year, can not wait to be back. 🙌🏼

It's gonna be a great year, I can feel it.  Welcome, GlastoMom.  See you in the fields 

I've had to create another account - I forgot my last username!!

I didn't get tickets in the resale *cough* didn't release there was one!!

but I/we had planned to get a stall and we just found out our application was sucessful - yay, first time with a patch. although I had volunteered with Oxfam before (I highly highly recommend volunteering) this feels better

been to glasto loads of times, but I always feel excited - like when I was kid really looking forward to christmas

1 hour ago, zxc208 said:

I've had to create another account - I forgot my last username!!

I didn't get tickets in the resale *cough* didn't release there was one!!

but I/we had planned to get a stall and we just found out our application was sucessful - yay, first time with a patch. although I had volunteered with Oxfam before (I highly highly recommend volunteering) this feels better

been to glasto loads of times, but I always feel excited - like when I was kid really looking forward to christmas

Sounds exciting. What kind of stall? 

There's a thread somewhere about food if it needs adding to that 😊

15 hours ago, clarkete said:

Sounds exciting. What kind of stall? 

There's a thread somewhere about food if it needs adding to that 😊

It's in the green craft area, (I still have to submit loads of documents yet, fingers crossed nothing daft will happen)

Greencrafts field has always been my favourite part of the festival, I generally spend about 20% to 30% of my conscious time there - so to "potentially" get a place on there is one of my glasto dreams come true

I had thought about getting a basic food stall - similar to tea and toast one, but after really thinking about it, I'd rather do something I enjoy than make money

Edited by zxc208

4 hours ago, zxc208 said:

It's in the green craft area, (I still have to submit loads of documents yet, fingers crossed nothing daft will happen)

Greencrafts field has always been my favourite part of the festival, I generally spend about 20% to 30% of my conscious time there - so to "potentially" get a place on there is one of my glasto dreams come true

I had thought about getting a basic food stall - similar to tea and toast one, but after really thinking about it, I'd rather do something I enjoy than make money

Sounds great, hope it goes well. 

There will be plenty of the regular efesters in that vicinity I'm sure 😊

19 minutes ago, Alsosawdusty said:

Hi all I'm Steve I've worked with sawdust surfer for about the last 20 odd years I might have met some of you at the meet at the last festival, good to be on board 

Welcome … pleasure to have you onboard 🙂 full respect for Ukraine trip by the way 

Edited by crazyfool1

37 minutes ago, Gilgamesh96 said:

Hi everyone! Not new at all, but I got banned on Sunday for 3 months because "idiot topic, no post content, title only". Which makes absolutely no sense because I haven't made any topics recently; I've been far too busy with gigs, work, seeing friends etc

@Neil @eFestivalsThink you've made a mistake tbh

the comment i made was correct and you did start that topic, can you please call off your irrational idiot.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

the one you startewd that was a meaningless topic title and nothing else

I promise you that I have absolutely no idea what you mean. Maybe my finger slipped or something and I accidentally made a topic, but I can't remember knowingly making any topics recently.  I don't gain anything from making meaningless topics, therefore the logical conclusion is that whatever I posted was probably an accident.

Also who on earth is this "irrational idiot" you are talking about? 

34 minutes ago, Gilgamesh96 said:

I promise you that I have absolutely no idea what you mean. Maybe my finger slipped or something and I accidentally made a topic, but I can't remember knowingly making any topics recently.  I don't gain anything from making meaningless topics, therefore the logical conclusion is that whatever I posted was probably an accident.

Also who on earth is this "irrational idiot" you are talking about? 

someone who claims to be acting for you.

50 minutes ago, Gilgamesh96 said:

promise you that I have absolutely no idea what you mean. Maybe my finger slipped or something and I accidentally made a topic

it was no slip, if you cant remember what you do are you safe to be doing anything.

16 minutes ago, Neil said:

someone who claims to be acting for you.

I have absolutely no idea who or what you are talking about. If there is someone acting for me then they are doing it of their own accord.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

it was no slip, if you cant remember what you do are you safe to be doing anything.

Why would I make a meaningless topic?

Tell me when this topic was made. 

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh96 said:

Why would I make a meaningless topic?

if you don't know then how do you explain many of your topics.

some people like the sound of their own voice.

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh96 said:

Tell me when this topic was made. 

just before your account was warned.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

if you don't know then how do you explain many of your topics.

some people like the sound of their own voice.

just before your account was warned.

Sure I may have made light-hearted topics in the past - probably because this is the internet and people are allowed to have fun, not everyone takes things so seriously. But I certainly wouldn't make meaningless topics. 

Okay so my warning was received at 5:32pm on Sunday. I was working that day, from 10:30am til 6pm. A very busy day at work in fact, being that I work at a pub and it was a bank holiday weekend. At that point I was deep cleaning an area of the kitchen. All I can think is that maybe my phone got wet while I was cleaning and it accidentally posted a topic. Stuff like that has happened before - just a few weeks ago my phone got wet while I was working and it accidentally sent a load of gibberish messages to people on WhatsApp.

Accidents happen, but I can assure you I have no problems with my memory.

23 minutes ago, Gilgamesh96 said:

All I can think is that maybe my phone got wet while I was cleaning and it accidentally posted a topic.

and that accident included correctly spelt coherent words, what a miracle.

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

and that accident included correctly spelt coherent words, what a miracle.

That's completely possible, it doesn't require a miracle. Phones have predictive text and autocorrect these days.

I don't know what else I can say. I've already explained myself clearly and anyone else would have understood and unbanned me by now, but you seem to be convinced that I've done something wrong when I can promise you I am guilty of no wrongdoing. If I did make some meaninglessness topic then I can assure you it must have been an accident - I was far too busy on Sunday to be posting on here.

22 minutes ago, Gilgamesh96 said:

hat's completely possible, it doesn't require a miracle. Phones have predictive text and autocorrect these days.

yeah, and they don't build a full coherent sentence by accident.