Jump to content

new here? introduce yourself


eFestivals

Recommended Posts

Hi! I'm Adam. Long time lurker, only started posting recently. Got a coach ticket in the resale and use this site a lot for stories and things to look out for. It's my second glastonbury, hopefully gonna come to the efest meet up on the Wednesday.

I admit I am hoping to get some "secret"  resale tickets for friends and that did prompt me to start posting, i do feel slightly more engaged with the forums having done so though. Everyone seems decent here, glad I finally took the plunge. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I am Magali, the very french person that wrote "solding" instead of "selling".

I am not even a long time lurker, I was just desperate to get tickets after I resold my  wednesday coach tickets (stupidly, I now realize I should have come earlier and ask advice haha) as I had an exam on the Thursday.

Not very accustomed with festival as I only ever did three, and they were day only ones. Hopefully Glastonbury will be my first one (and what first one it could be!!!) Nice to meet you all.

- also what does the +(different number depending on the member) means under the avatar? I am quite curious hehe

Edited by mirupuu
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll join this wee list of long time readers but recent posters.... I'm 33, from North Yorkshire and this'll be my first Glastonbury. Been to other smaller festivals and cant wait...

Will definitely come meet some of you guys at the eFest meet up.... your advice so far on here has been invaluable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi I am Andrew, I have been a lurker for three years now.

This will be my third glastonbury, I use this place to keep up to date on lineup and rumours - which I then use among my festival-going friends to pretend I am somehow in the know.

Have wasted far too many hours on here. Work productivity declines progressively from around January each year through till Tuesday night before we set off for Somerset...

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, mirupuu said:

Hi, I am Magali, the very french person that wrote "solding" instead of "selling".

I am not even a long time lurker, I was just desperate to get tickets after I resold my  wednesday coach tickets (stupidly, I now realize I should have come earlier and ask advice haha) as I had an exam on the Thursday.

Not very accustomed with festival as I only ever did three, and they were day only ones. Hopefully Glastonbury will be my first one (and what first one it could be!!!) Nice to meet you all.

- also what does the +(different number depending on the member) means under the avatar? I am quite curious hehe

Hehehe, easy mistake to make - my french partner does this too :)

 

Hey all,

I am Caz - always followed the glasto lineup and forums here but never really been able to attend. This is my first glasto. Nice to speak to you all!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dub-You said:

Hi I am Andrew, I have been a lurker for three years now.

This will be my third glastonbury, I use this place to keep up to date on lineup and rumours - which I then use among my festival-going friends to pretend I am somehow in the know.

Have wasted far too many hours on here. Work productivity declines progressively from around January each year through till Tuesday night before we set off for Somerset...

Welcome. And now you've started posting, don't expect your work productivity to improve!

33 minutes ago, croiz said:

I'll join this wee list of long time readers but recent posters.... I'm 33, from North Yorkshire and this'll be my first Glastonbury. Been to other smaller festivals and cant wait...

Will definitely come meet some of you guys at the eFest meet up.... your advice so far on here has been invaluable

First Glastonbury? You lucky sod. Enjoy!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After lurking for a number of years, finally got round to posting a few days ago.  Been every year since 2007, firstly inside the fence but more recently in the trailer tent then the motor home (I'm old, you see) Not a stranger to Internet forums (have moderated one or two in the past) and have really not posted because the pace here is so quick that most of the things I've wanted to say have already been said by the time I've got onto the thread.  Don't think there's much broken here - this is as friendly a forum as it gets, in my experience.

I'm the one on the left, btw.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Dub-You said:

I use this place to keep up to date on lineup and rumours - which I then use among my festival-going friends to pretend I am somehow in the know.

HAHAHHA.  I did the same thing and now my friends call me the Glastonbury Oracle, but I had to give credit where credit is due and simply explain that I spend too much time on eFests!  Neil is the oracle!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi All,  Lurker here too with a few posts. 22 and from  York. This will be my first Glastonbury too, after trying for multiple years to get tickets. Cant wait.  Coming with 3 Friends also newbies. 

 

Edited by Drabod
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mirupuu said:

Hi, I am Magali, the very french person that wrote "solding" instead of "selling".

I am not even a long time lurker, I was just desperate to get tickets after I resold my  wednesday coach tickets (stupidly, I now realize I should have come earlier and ask advice haha) as I had an exam on the Thursday.

Not very accustomed with festival as I only ever did three, and they were day only ones. Hopefully Glastonbury will be my first one (and what first one it could be!!!) Nice to meet you all.

- also what does the +(different number depending on the member) means under the avatar? I am quite curious hehe

C'est le numero de upvotes a vous. Comme ca.

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude
Added an up vote
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@sloseph I'd actually always avoided Glastonbury, I always liked the look of it but people would go to Glasto and come back "different". Reading + Leeds were no longer good enough for them and everything else couldn't match it in terms of greatness. Being from Oxford and having Reading festival just up the road it was like a yearly ritual for me and I didn't like the idea of it not being good enough anymore. I finally gave in and went last year and not only did it exceed expectations but it also turns out the people who got all elitist about it are just aresholes. 

So after last year I wasn't sure I'd be going again, it's a hard graft and I wasn't sure i could hack it but after half heartedly trying in the general sale and not getting tickets it definitely started eating at me. I'm on here several times a day now and I couldn't not give it my all in the resale to get a ticket. 

I think i'm just going to have to accept that this is my life now. Sorry boss....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...