new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

On 5/23/2024 at 3:17 PM, devonhammer said:

Not new, but it's been many, many years since I last posted. One time student of meteorology, so can often be found in the weather thread.

Indeed.  Your meteorological insights over the years are well valued.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I'm Rutger, 31yo dude from Belgium. I've been to Glastonbury in 2014 (with friends) and last year (solo). Had the best time last year so I'm going again this year. I don't post a lot myself, but I like to read all the rumours, want-to-see-lists & weather thread, building up to the festival itself. 

• Upvote 2

Hellooooo folks! 

After much nagging from @DareToDibble and lurking from the sidelines for a week or two, I decided to get involved!

I'm Heather, from Glasgow but I live in Cardiff and this will be my 2nd Glasto! 

I'm super excited for Glasto Latino since I didn't dance there AT ALL last year and I promised myself I'll pluck up the courage to go and salsaaaaa 🫶🏻

So many things to look forward to and can't wait to be back in that beautiful place again!

IMG_20240605_004802.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, hihevs said:

Hellooooo folks! 

After much nagging from @DareToDibble and lurking from the sidelines for a week or two, I decided to get involved!

I'm super excited for Glasto Latino since I didn't dance there AT ALL last year and I promised myself I'll pluck up the courage to go and salsaaaaa 🫶🏻

So many things to look forward to and can't wait to be back in that beautiful place again!

IMG_20240605_004802.jpg

Also worth nothing Heather is currently going through the same heartbreak I am to see Busted aren't on the lineup... 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 12:57 PM, RutgerGM said:

Hi everyone. I'm Rutger, 31yo dude from Belgium. I've been to Glastonbury in 2014 (with friends) and last year (solo). Had the best time last year so I'm going again this year. I don't post a lot myself, but I like to read all the rumours, want-to-see-lists & weather thread, building up to the festival itself. 

Welcome!

2014 was my first Glastonbury too and looking back I had no idea what I was doing. I think it takes a couple of festivals to fully grasps the enormity of it.

Who are you looking forward to seeing this year?

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Also worth nothing Heather is currently going through the same heartbreak I am to see Busted aren't on the lineup... 

Sheer and utter devastation... made all the worse by the fact that they seem to be playing every other summer festival in the UK! 

• Upvote 2

On 6/3/2024 at 12:57 PM, RutgerGM said:

Welcome Rutger! Going solo is such a great experience. Hope you have a blast 

On 6/5/2024 at 12:51 AM, hihevs said:

Hellooooo folks! 

IMG_20240605_004802.jpg

Great to have you Heather! We want to see you live the dream and salsa it up this year 😄 It's much harder to not dance anyway so you may as well go for it

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 2:02 AM, DareToDibble said:

Welcome!

2014 was my first Glastonbury too and looking back I had no idea what I was doing. I think it takes a couple of festivals to fully grasps the enormity of it.

Who are you looking forward to seeing this year?

Thanks! Well, I have EXACTLY the same feeling about my first Glasto. Strangely enough, I actually have few memories of my first edition, even though I didn't drink alcohol at the time. Last year I was better prepared, and because I was a bit older and doing it solo, I was able to experience the festival much more intensely.

This year, for me, the typical legendary, special Glasto-act/headliner is lacking a bit. But I'm really looking forward to Fontaines DC, Romy, Paul Heaton, Shania Twain & The National. Would've liked to see Dua also, but sadly she clashes with my favourite band of the moment (Fontaines). Who are you looking forward to?

19 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Great to have you Heather! We want to see you live the dream and salsa it up this year 😄 It's much harder to not dance anyway so you may as well go for it

Thank you! Exactly, why stand on the sidelines! Life is too short 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

We had our ticket delivery yesterday to our lead booker and I'm honestly beside myself with excitement! 😁

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2024 at 9:36 PM, RutgerGM said:

Thanks! Well, I have EXACTLY the same feeling about my first Glasto. Strangely enough, I actually have few memories of my first edition, even though I didn't drink alcohol at the time. Last year I was better prepared, and because I was a bit older and doing it solo, I was able to experience the festival much more intensely.

This year, for me, the typical legendary, special Glasto-act/headliner is lacking a bit. But I'm really looking forward to Fontaines DC, Romy, Paul Heaton, Shania Twain & The National. Would've liked to see Dua also, but sadly she clashes with my favourite band of the moment (Fontaines). Who are you looking forward to?

I have to say I’m very excited to see Coldplay. I’ve seen them a number of times and each time they seem to have gotten better. Also looking forward to Confidence Man, The Vaccines, The Streets, Keane and a particular highlight I hope will be Avril Lavigne!

12 hours ago, RandomBunny said:

I'm with you on this! Was even contemplating leaving the festival for a day to see them in Bristol! 😆 

Shall we commandeer a mini-bus!? Bristol isn't far, I'm sure we could make it there and back before anyone even noticed we were gone! 🤣