new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

Great to see you back.  Hopefully you got tickets and are going this year.?

Yes 😊 I don't think I would torture myself like this otherwise. We got lucky in the original coach sale. Our crew has taken a bit of a hit - only 8 of us this year! Still, I cannae wait!! 

7 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

Hello again. 

Not a newbie but I've been locked out of my account for months and months. Was so distraught about the Totem news that I gave up trying to remember my password and made a new account. I hope you have all been keeping well! 

welcome back Sas 🙂

Haven't been since 2017 not for the want of trying 😂 just managed to bag myself a stewarding position with Oxfam which I'm very much looking forward to and seeing it from a different perspective. My first time was 2004 and what a year that was. I'm happy as a pig in sh1t 🥳🥳

• Like 1

Long time lurker but feeling brave enough to start my posting journey today in all the excitement... 2011 was my first Glastonbury and indeed my first festival...what a mind blowing experience that was😄 Lucky enough to return last year and now obsessively refreshing the forum pages more often than I probably should in my excitement at being able to return to the farm next month.

The best thing though? I'm bringing three newbies along with me this year...I can't wait for them to get there and take it all in...roll on 5 weeks time!

2 hours ago, germanmon said:

Long time lurker but feeling brave enough to start my posting journey today in all the excitement... 2011 was my first Glastonbury and indeed my first festival...what a mind blowing experience that was😄 Lucky enough to return last year and now obsessively refreshing the forum pages more often than I probably should in my excitement at being able to return to the farm next month.

The best thing though? I'm bringing three newbies along with me this year...I can't wait for them to get there and take it all in...roll on 5 weeks time!

Welcome! 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 5:01 PM, dhtjmnd12 said:

Best stages/areas to experience?

Obviously it's a matter of opinion, but IMO West Holts is by some distance the best of the larger stages.

Best overall line up every year, best sound quality and here's the controversial bit - best quality crowds.

Hello long time lurker first time poster today. This will be my third glasto and I Love reading the weather thread in the run up. I've been so lucky with the weather so far. First glasto was 2017. That Wednesday afternoon probably the hottest day I've ever experienced, and I've lived in Vietnam for a while. The other one was 2019 which was perfect weather throughout. This year I'm prepared for whatever, it's still the best week of the year no matter what. 

Hey 

long time lurker, occasional commenter. 👋

Have only been to reading before so it’s my first glastonbury this year , having to do it alone as my brother wasn’t able to get a ticket. So quite anxious but very much looking forward to it. Any tips or comments welcome. ☺️

Edited by DMCJ2

On 5/26/2023 at 8:55 AM, OwlsMatt said:

Hello,

Long-time voyeur, first-time poster. Thought I should say hello and start contributing! 👋

Matt

On 5/30/2023 at 2:11 PM, FatSpliff said:

What's up everyone! Been lurking for a few years. Decided today after the Glasto lineup drop it was finally time to make an account - peace

On 5/31/2023 at 12:12 PM, DMCJ2 said:

Hey 

long time lurker, occasional commenter. 👋

Have only been to reading before so it’s my first glastonbury this year , having to do it alone as my brother wasn’t able to get a ticket. So quite anxious but very much looking forward to it. Any tips or comments welcome. ☺️

21 hours ago, 李焱Shaoxing said:

Found myself logging in again. Blagged a freebie but doing it on the lowdown, not even the ex-band mates know I’m coming, but with the old parky’s…. Gotta have a last go. 

it’s gonna be lovely xx

8 minutes ago, goldfishboy said:

Hi, I used to post here years ago and came back recently. This will be my 12th Glastonbury and my third one stewarding. First G since 2019 so I'm buzzing

Welcome everyone , throw yourselves in and enjoy the next 16 days and of course the festival . Site is buzzing now , make sure you ask questions in the questions topic . There is a wealth of incredible knowledge on this site ready to help you all 

10 hours ago, whoisjarv said:

hello all, really enjoying browsing the site and chat, excitement levels on the upward curve 💹

first glastonbury festival skipped school in '94 , first time stewarding this year and going solo 😵

Throw yourself into the volunteers thread . Plenty of solos and meet-ups on that thread . You’ll have loads of new mates by the end . Have a great festival 

• Like 1

How's it going everyone? Was a regular the festival for years then stopped going just before C19 and went to Love International in Croatia for 3 or 4 years running (amazing...) - Somehow managed to get a Glasto ticket this time around so heading down with a few pals.  

Really looking forward to this year and praying the weather holds... Have a blast everyone! x

11 hours ago, Tiesto13 said:

Have been lurking on here for a few weeks now as going to Glastonbury this year for the second time (2022 was my first), but found myself drawn in to posting in the crap beer thread. Hi all.

Hi! Tiesto. There’s not much old school trance at glasto! 😂

As a second year, what’s your one thing you want to change or do better this year than last year? 😀

6 hours ago, stuie said:

Hi! Tiesto. There’s not much old school trance at glasto! 😂

As a second year, what’s your one thing you want to change or do better this year than last year? 😀

Haha, its a rather old nickname now, given to me by some kiwi's who were struggling to pronounce my surname (which also begins with a T but isn't that close to Tiesto) 😆 Do also enjoy a bit of DJ tiesto from time to time though!

As for my second year, I think the major thing I want to change is actually staying at the festival for the full time! Last year, I had friends getting married on the Friday, so had to leave the festival very early on Friday morning and got back to it Saturday morning. And as our coach only arrived at about 8/9pm on the Thursday, it meant I never got to do any exploring and the whole time I was there was either listening to acts I really wanted to see or partying. Still had an insanely good time though and the scale of it blew my mind.

This year, its definitely all about exploring at a much slower pace on Friday/Saturday/Sunday mornings (again, unfortunately we're on a Thursday afternoon coach).