new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hello all,

Only discovered this site recently🙄

This will be our 13th visit if addled memory is correct although 2015 was our last time, 93 was our first.  Sooo looking forward to this as it seems to reset the soul spending 5+ days with like minded people in a glorious setting. Hopefully the weather holds out as we’ve had our fair share of wet ones.

Arriving in East camper van fields midday Wednesday all being well.

Hopefully we’ll find some decent House,techno and dub to keep my old bones moving🤪

Big Love ❤️ 

Woody & Sar

Hi all,

I'm not new but new to contributing, been lurking in the background for many years. My first Glastonbury (as a legit attendee) was 2003. This will be number 10 for me so I guess I’ve been lucky with tickets 👍🏻 I will try to attend the E fest meet but due to being an introvert I’ve never been brave enough to approach.  Wishing you all a great festival and for those not lucky enough this year; don’t give up!!

Hey everyone. I’ve not been here for a long time - my last Glasto was in 2016. I planned on going last year and this year too but I never managed to bag a ticket.

Last year I was fine with not going and I decided to live vicariously through others on social media and via the coverage on TV. This year is quite different - I have major FOMO and I desperately want to be there. It’s all I can think about.

I’ll be doing my absolute level best to get a ticket for next year, whether that means selling my soul, buying twenty phones for ticket day or working my arse off at the festival. 

To those of you who are there now, make sure you have the absolute time of your life. To those of you watching from home like me, I hope to see you there next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone - after years of lurking and scouring this forum for info, I’ve decided to join in the chat as I’ve just about chewed everyone’s ear off reminiscing about this year’s festival, and need a new audience! 
I’ve been lucky enough to have been attending since the age of 17 (13 years ago, this year was my tenth festival). I’ve got in through a mixture of tickets and working, and basically a ‘not taking no for an answer’ attitude to not going! (Already getting anxious about the next sale) 

Glasto’s my favourite topic, especially after a few beers. Speciality topics being: piano bar, surreal late night stories from HMS charity and that general pyramid stage magic. 

looking forward to keeping the chat going until next years festival

Katherine 

Edited by katherinemitchell

3 hours ago, katherinemitchell said:

Hi everyone - after years of lurking and scouring this forum for info, I’ve decided to join in the chat as I’ve just about chewed everyone’s ear off reminiscing about this year’s festival, and need a new audience! 
I’ve been lucky enough to have been attending since the age of 17 (13 years ago, this year was my tenth festival). I’ve got in through a mixture of tickets and working, and basically a ‘not taking no for an answer’ attitude to not going! (Already getting anxious about the next sale) 

Glasto’s my favourite topic, especially after a few beers. Speciality topics being: piano bar, surreal late night stories from HMS charity and that general pyramid stage magic. 

looking forward to keeping the chat going until next years festival

Katherine 

Welcome aboard, it sounds like you had a great year 🙂 

Hi John...welcome, and I hope you get your wish one day! It's a blast as you've probably seen from all the various videos, posts and photos over the years. My partner's just turned 60, and enjoyed his first festival last year. We came back last month, and fully intend to try for 2024 tickets...it is exhausting, but there's nothing else like it for the variety, atmosphere and sheer good naturedness of people. Good luck!

Hi all. Juzzy here. Just completed my second Glasto. Used this forum in the lead up as a useful tool for information and tips, especially the weather thread! 

Now have that feeling that I must go every year. Wandering around in amazement, sitting in awe of the place, talking to strangers and listening to some fabulous music is something that soothes my soul and takes me to a special place away from everyday life. Fingers crossed for next year.

And most importantly…hello all you lovely folk 😎

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm Ragab John who loves the life more than anyone else. I love being happy and celebrating all the time. Whenever you feel down, don't ever talk to me. HAHA. All jokes aside, I'm an Egyptian Engineer who lives in USA and working there at digital marketing.

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, MatthewTurner said:

Hi all, new here. I’ve tried for tickets for 6 different years now. Glasto seems to be the only thing that ever is out of my grasp!

Has anyone a spare slot on their spreadsheet for my partner and I? 🙏🏼

Cheers,

Matthew

Firstly welcome to efests … secondly @MEGATRONICMEATWAGON might have space ? 

On 9/15/2023 at 1:28 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Firstly welcome to efests … secondly @MEGATRONICMEATWAGON might have space ? 

On 9/15/2023 at 12:31 PM, MatthewTurner said:

Hi all, new here. I’ve tried for tickets for 6 different years now. Glasto seems to be the only thing that ever is out of my grasp!

Has anyone a spare slot on their spreadsheet for my partner and I? 🙏🏼

Cheers,

Matthew

Hi, yeah, will have to check where we're at in our group. Been busy but gonna take a look this week!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi good folks👋

2023 was my 7th Glastonbury and hoping for another in 2024. I’m a long time user of efests but haven’t had the cojones to chip in here. I knew Glastonbury was the place for me on my first night there in 2013. A giant turtle car pulled up alongside on the railway track and a man dressed as a glittery fish popped out the top shouting “does anybody have any plankton?”, before rolling into a quite unbelievable beatboxing performance to a jubilant crowd.

It’s the weird and wonderful that sets it apart.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and hope I can contribute positively🤘

• Like 2