new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

On 4/26/2023 at 9:47 AM, thewomble said:

Followed the site for years before even making an account, finally decided to post today! Buzzing for our first time at Glasto this year. Have been a R&L attendee for the past few years so feel like we’ve finally graduated 🤣 Bit too old for that scene now even though we’ve always had a class time. Gutted friends missed out in the resale so only 3 of us with tickets but still in for a cracking week 

welcome to the forum .... excitement building now 🙂 

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2023 at 10:14 AM, Odetta4 said:

hello guys. I am new here. What's up, how are u?

On 4/26/2023 at 9:47 AM, thewomble said:

Followed the site for years before even making an account, finally decided to post today! Buzzing for our first time at Glasto this year. Have been a R&L attendee for the past few years so feel like we’ve finally graduated 🤣 Bit too old for that scene now even though we’ve always had a class time. Gutted friends missed out in the resale so only 3 of us with tickets but still in for a cracking week 

Hello both, welcome aboard 👋

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Andy Glasto Virgen said:

Hi I'm Andy, 60 and my first Glastonbury, also I'm going solo 🙂 so excited, still not sure where to camp, hoping to get there early on Wednesday morning thinking Pennards Hill or Paines ground! any thoughts? 🙂

so torts guide is probably best for researching  camping areas https://www.glastoearth.com ..... Pennards is probably the most lively of the camping areas so don't know if that would suit or not . ...... welcome to the forum and have an amazing first Glastonbury hopefully youll love it as much as the rest of us on here 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Like 1

The important thing is to think where you are likely to be at the end of the night and camp not that far away - otherwise you could have a long trek home when you might be tired and emotional.  The second thing is to remember where your tent is - relatively to fixed things like pylons, roadways and toilets. No point thinking "it's next to the big blue tent"  because in the dark you'll head back to discover hundred of big blue tents - if you can even make out the colours in the dark.

2 hours ago, Andy Glasto Virgen said:

Can anyone advise on the best car park and gate to use if your driving from the south west 🙂

The main choice you have really is East or West. If you approach the site on the A361 via Glastonbury Town then you'll likely be sent into one of the West Car Parks for Gates A and D - these are closer to most campsites. If you approach via any other route then chances are you'll be sent via the A37 to the East Car Parks for Gates B and C.

Personally I'd say assuming you're camping on site then aiming West is the better option, with the main exceptions being if you're aiming to camp in Cockmill / Kidney Mead / Big Ground / Row Mead in which case aiming for Gate B might be better - but for those fields you'd need to be there very early or have someone holding space for you.

Any more specific than that, you don't get a lot of choice in the matter, you'll be directed into whichever field they're filling up at that moment. Don't assume that they'll necessarily fill the closest fields first either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gazla said:

Hi I’ve been following the site for a number of years and finally decided to sign up for an account.

This will be my 12th consecutive Glastonbury - ticket gods have been very kind!

Wow that’s some going . Welcome what’s your favorite performance been in that time ? 

22 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Wow that’s some going . Welcome what’s your favorite performance been in that time ? 

Thanks. Ooh - difficult question! I’d probably say either Amy Winehouse or Flaming Lips.

Although enjoyed Pheobe Bridgers last year too.

4 hours ago, incident said:

The main choice you have really is East or West. If you approach the site on the A361 via Glastonbury Town then you'll likely be sent into one of the West Car Parks for Gates A and D - these are closer to most campsites. If you approach via any other route then chances are you'll be sent via the A37 to the East Car Parks for Gates B and C.

Personally I'd say assuming you're camping on site then aiming West is the better option, with the main exceptions being if you're aiming to camp in Cockmill / Kidney Mead / Big Ground / Row Mead in which case aiming for Gate B might be better - but for those fields you'd need to be there very early or have someone holding space for you.

Any more specific than that, you don't get a lot of choice in the matter, you'll be directed into whichever field they're filling up at that moment. Don't assume that they'll necessarily fill the closest fields first either.

Cheers for that, I'll be coming in from the west on A361 and hoping to camp around Baileys/dairy ground area so probably want gate D!

23 minutes ago, woozie2k said:

Hi Friends!

I was able to get some tickets for the first time with the support of an organised bunch pointing me in the right direction. I’m sure you all know or are those people 😆thank you thank you thank you!

sincerely

the unorganised 

Welcome!

So @woozie2kis my brother and I’ve been trying to get him on the forum for ages but he got tickets for this years festival (thanks to @gigpusher) in the coach resale so he’s finally given in and signed up to get involved in the pre-Glastonbury excitement!

I’ve been trying to explain how amazing his first experience is going to be but don’t think I’ve done it justice so please feel free to help me out..

@gigpusher- this is the person you said had the most Welsh name ever 😅

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, woozie2k said:

Hi Friends!

I was able to get some tickets for the first time with the support of an organised bunch pointing me in the right direction. I’m sure you all know or are those people 😆thank you thank you thank you!

sincerely

the unorganised 

Hey @woozie2k - welcome onboard!  I was in your position last year in that it was my first time - the main difference is that you only have 2 months to wait from getting your tickets - I had near enough 3 years of anticipation before I could get in the through the gates!  However it was very much worth the wait - so much so that I will making the trek over from Belfast again this year so hope to see you there on the farm.  You will have an absolute blast - in the meantime enjoy the build-up which seems to be getting into top gear just now 😊

• Like 1

Hello! 👋🏻 long time lurker and fellow festival enthusiast and took the plunge to sign up and now post. Love this forum for getting the excitement levels rising and really can’t wait to be back on the Farm. Local to the festival and have been going since I was around 14 but still so much I haven’t seen/ done. I don’t think it’s possible to! 

16 hours ago, pigital said:

Hi! First year for me as my mates secretly organized this as a bachelor-party/pre-wedding gift. Looking forward after reading a lot of pages so far, seems like it's going to be quite the experience! 

You have some great mates!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sasperella2 said:

Hello again. 

Not a newbie but I've been locked out of my account for months and months. Was so distraught about the Totem news that I gave up trying to remember my password and made a new account. I hope you have all been keeping well! 

Great to see you back.  Hopefully you got tickets and are going this year.?