Getting through the crowd- Thoughts?

ElLouise

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chair brigade definitely make things more difficult. I remember trying to escape the crowd before the headliner came on and I couldn't! Every time I tried to head for the exit, I had to manoeuvre around the chairs, often making me wander in completely the wrong direction.

Lets hope there's never a serious injury or problem that requires immediate attention because the chairs really do make it so difficult to find a way in and out.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Absolutely agree. Backpacks are the worst as most people who wear them have no understanding of them hitting people around them.

I wore one a lot last year :/ did try to not bump into people. Deep pockets are better I reckon, just put everything in there 

Glastonbury is a super stressful place where you have to constantly worry about things such as crowds, getting from A to B and remembering what your name is.  As well as crowds you may well also have to put up with loud music and mud!  Luckily, you can just worry about crap in the build up to the festival on these boards, nit-pick about irrelevant detail and cleanse your soul of this nonsense before you get through the gates. Once you get there you are officially required to Relax and Enjoy.

Or, alternatively, in the words of the Disney Frozen theme tune:

It's funny how some distance,
makes everything seem small.
And the fears that once controlled me, can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do,
to test the limits and break through.
No right, no wrong, no rules for me.
I'm free!

Let it go, let it go.
I am one with the wind and sky.
Let it go, let it go.
You'll never see me cry.
Here I'll stand, and here I'll stay.
Let the storm rage on....

20 minutes ago, Firesprice said:

Glastonbury is a super stressful place where you have to constantly worry about things such as crowds, getting from A to B and remembering what your name is.  As well as crowds you may well also have to put up with loud music and mud!  Luckily, you can just worry about crap in the build up to the festival on these boards, nit-pick about irrelevant detail and cleanse your soul of this nonsense before you get through the gates. Once you get there you are officially required to Relax and Enjoy.

Or, alternatively, in the words of the Disney Frozen theme tune:

It's funny how some distance,
makes everything seem small.
And the fears that once controlled me, can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do,
to test the limits and break through.
No right, no wrong, no rules for me.
I'm free!

Let it go, let it go.
I am one with the wind and sky.
Let it go, let it go.
You'll never see me cry.
Here I'll stand, and here I'll stay.
Let the storm rage on....

It's funny how we finish each other's sandwiches.

On 17/04/2016 at 6:33 AM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Sometimes you have to push to get to the promised land. Often there's a massive crush at the edges and just outside of the Pyramid front circle, but if you get to the back centre of the circle it's quite thin. At a lot of stages, it's more squashed towards the back than it is about 10 metres back from the barrier.

I call this the doughnut...  particular evident at the pyramid due to headliners... The field gives the apperance of being full from the back and sides... but when you are in the middle it thins out a bit.  Rolling Stones was a perfect example

14 hours ago, Spindles said:

If you are going to take a backpack, wear it on the front, you are less likely to unknowingly bump people with it.

This

Whilst in a crowd I swap my backpack on to my chest (also reduces the chances of anyone having a "lucky dip" in said bag)

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

Manbag/Satchel is best.

Easy to move around you when moving through crowds, easy to get stuff out without having to take it off, makes a good pillow when lying down to enjoy a nap in the glorious sunshine.

Ain't going to lie to you, this here is the truth.  Exactly the right amount of capacity, swings in front, swings behind, sits under an arm, makes a back rest or pillow for multiple seating solutions, doubles up as a little table to skin up on.  Bog standard military surplus satchel is as much as any bloke needs.

Festival handout bag is all you need. I can fit my Ipad in it, squeeze my 6.5 frame down the front just before the headliner starts and film the whole thing without any stupid heads getting into the picture, makes for great TV when I get home. I am always polite enough to offer a copy of the movie to anybody I stood in front of in my quest for the best view. 

On 4/17/2016 at 11:41 AM, TheBurns said:

Nothing worse than people taking up 2sq meters with a huge blanket tutting if you even step near it while trying to walk through the pyramid field.

If you want to watch from the front you have to expect people pushing by you it comes with the territory

100% agree.  it's not a frickin picnic in Vicky Park. People will get trodden on if they are stupid enough to do this in front of a busy band.  Same goes for lines of camping chairs trying to block peoples paths to the front.  I will go over you if i have had enough ciders.

Admittedly I like caring about my rucksack, keep booze in it, some water, waterproof stuff if it isn't looking too prosperous - sun cream if it is, but I take it off when I'm walking through a really busy part of crowd because there's no need to be a c**t, play your part and respect the people around you - if everyone done that it would be an even happier place 

2 minutes ago, thenavyone said:

i have a little rug to sit on and sometimes my kids sleep on it.  Is this bad?!

Of course not - unless you do it 20 metres from the front of the pyramid when Muse is about to come on. :-)