Next Announcement thread

Matt42

19 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

unless they quickly realised/were told that it would be Wednesday instead :(

Coupled with Neil's info and what that other guy said a few days ago I think it's safe to assume it's tomorrow. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah hoping he's a little lower on the Saturday so that i get the chance to see him, although i can easily see him subbing, and think his music would lend itself far better to that kind of slot than earlier in the day

Do we know he's definitely Sat? My 6 must-sees from the poster are LCD, Sigur Ros, Art Garf, Kamasi, FloPo and EitS. So far it looks like no clashes, but FloPo and EitS are the two unknowns and they could both be Saturday subs, which would be a bit of a bugger.

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Do we know he's definitely Sat? My 6 must-sees from the poster are LCD, Sigur Ros, Art Garf, Kamasi, FloPo and EitS. So far it looks like no clashes, but FloPo and EitS are the two unknowns and they could both be Saturday subs, which would be a bit of a bugger.

i can't remember if we had info that they were Saturday or if everybody just started sticking them as a sub for James Blake as it made sense. got Roskilde same weekend as Glastonbury but don't think their date has been announced yet

Edited by FloorFiller

Does it really annoy you Radiohead obsessives that much if they only sub if they get 90 minutes? It seems like such a good bonus as a sub to me, but if they were headlining the Saturday I wouldn't have seen them. I don't think Radiohead require total darkness though.

1 minute ago, Alan_C said:

Does it really annoy you Radiohead obsessives that much if they only sub if they get 90 minutes? It seems like such a good bonus as a sub to me, but if they were headlining the Saturday I wouldn't have seen them. I don't think Radiohead require total darkness though.

not as much as it seems to bother others. obviously a headliner spot would've been preferable, but for one reason or another it ain't happening, so having what is essentially a fourth headliner who also happens to be my favourite band is all fine and dandy with me. and obviously 90 minutes would be preferable but if they get ten or fifteen minutes less i guess i couldn't complain too much

1 minute ago, Bignews said:

What have I missed while I've been drowning my sorrows and crying into my train seat for 4 and half hours home from Wembley? 

There's going to be a special guest on the line up poster, but it won't be Radiohead 

It'll be Akinfenwa

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

Here's a fun game to play the night before the big announcement.

Give me 3 bands you would like to be on this full lineup that weren't on the poster. They've got to be people that could be playing too, not like I dunno... the beach boys or something.

I'll go first with

Car Seat Headrest

Sturgill Simpson

Christine and the Queens

A lot of bands I want already named (The Avalanches mainly... that doesn't count) so I'll go with some cool hip bands I've seen recently that need seeing again

Cabbage

Kagoule

Yak

19 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Hi dude, I think I met you in the Roundhouse queue on Sat! Either that or there's multiple Defrios going to Glastonbury and Radiohead! 

Yeah, that's probably me.....Martin Freeman? :P

Your username seemed familiar to me, checked my notifications and turns out we've interacted before hahahaha. What coincidence!

See you at Glastonbury! (somewhere near the rail before Radiohead :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I'm awfully excited. Part of me hopes I catch the announcement a little late so that someone keen enough will have already updated the Clashfinder so I can get round to planning instantly...

Don't worry i'll be on that clashfinder in a flash to work it all out myself!

2 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Here's a fun game to play the night before the big announcement.

Give me 3 bands you would like to be on this full lineup that weren't on the poster. They've got to be people that could be playing too, not like I dunno... the beach boys or something.

I'll go first with

Car Seat Headrest

Sturgill Simpson

Christine and the Queens

Just seen this. Mine would be:

Anohni 

Real Lies

The Cribs