Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else already thinking about that initial post announcement stressful buzz where you don't have a clue what to do with yourself. About a million new posts appear on efestivals along with scrolling through the set times and clash finder and texting all your mates. Then after the initially madness has calmed the real excitement can begin!! 

5 hours ago, mynameismatt said:

maybe they tweeted it then deleted it straight away, just to see how much these boards would read into it?

That's fairly obvious but people like to make up theories for it lol. Anyone tweeting knows how to save it or send it in that business and it was done purposely as a time of night where people would be randomly browsing and catch it then delete. If it wasn't it would have stayed on for much long.

Hello from Los Angeles!! I will be fast asleep when the line up drops in about 5 hours (2.30am here) you'll all of had a good few hours to take it all in and start playlists, so I've set my alarm for 7am to get up and have a good look before I head out for the day here :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, EmsieXxX said:

Hello from Los Angeles!! I will be fast asleep when the line up drops in about 5 hours (2.30am here) you'll all of had a good few hours to take it all in and start playlists, so I've set my alarm for 7am to get up and have a good look before I head out for the day here :rolleyes:

Spent ages trying to get my head round this thinking your meant it was currently 2:30am over there :lol:

Regardless of the actual lineup, We're definitely due an announcement from the BBC on their coverage, if not today, this week. Just been doing a little research and last year they announced their Glastonbury coverage plans on the 29th May, in 2014 the same press release came on 6th June. So the announcements referenced in their tweet are probably lineup plus TV schedule, they're probably looking to coincide them (although that's never happened in past years, from looking at The Thingy.)

By the looks of it, they release programme info week by week, and nothing has been released for Sat 18th - Friday 24th yet. I'm not sure what day of the week they normally release this stuff, but if it's Tuesday, I think that's good news for us!

9 hours ago, CHRLY said:

Aye, who'd want to see the current lineup of The Beach Boys when you can see Pet Sounds played front-to-back by the guy who wrote it? Sensational gig in Manchester. Shame he's essentially ruled out for G 'cause that could've been special on the farm. 

I saw him at the Palladium a week ago too. I had a great time and they played so many hits but that was mainly owing to the rest of the band, Al Jardine and especially his son Matt. Brian Wilson himself almost seemed like a shell of a man, it was kinda sad to witness. Still great to see such a musical genius though. 

8 minutes ago, jumbomcnutt said:

I will have to google all 3 of these. Either i have lost touch with the trends or these are very niche ... or just sh!t 

Them Crooked Vultures was/is a supergroup by Josh Homme, Dave Grohl & John Paul Jones. That's as far from shit as it gets

4 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

Them Crooked Vultures was/is a supergroup by Josh Homme, Dave Grohl & John Paul Jones. That's as far from shit as it gets

They've only released one album but it's fuckin great

Edited by rzwodezwo