2016 Line Up Poster

wozwebs

I always try to explain to people who've never been that Glastonbury isn't just about the music. But this year it looks as though I'll be seeing quite a few bands.  No point in listing those that excite me as there will still be a lot more to come.

Most importantly, I've got a ticket and a CV East ticket and a good gang to go with.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful line up....been going since early 2000's - I won't be going this year...Disclosure (again) Muse (again, again) Coldplay (again) Annie Mac (again) Foals (again again) yawn....there's loads more I can't be bothered to type out...very disappointed and yes I know it's not all about the headliners or whatever but this really is a pile of shit. It's getting like V and that is not a good thing.  

Anybody want my ticket?

Edited by smiley33

2 minutes ago, smiley33 said:

Awful line up....been going since early 2000's - I won't be going this year...Disclosure (again) Muse (again, again) Coldplay (again) Annie Mac (again) Foals (again again) yawn....there's loads more I can't be bothered to type out...very disappointed and yes I know it's not all about the headliners or whatever but this really is a pile of shit. It's getting like V and that is not a good thing.  

Anybody want my ticket?

Sure you're looking at the right poster?  Can't imagine ELO, Cyndi Lauper, Art Garfunkel, Earth Wind & Fire etc etc appearing at V.  I'd have thought there was something for everyone on that (small) section of the lineup.

4 minutes ago, smiley33 said:

Anybody want my ticket?

That's not the spirit of glasto. 

Just now, 4AssedMonkey said:

Sure you're looking at the right poster?  Can't imagine ELO, Cyndi Lauper, Art Garfunkel, Earth Wind & Fire etc etc appearing at V.  I'd have thought there was something for everyone on that (small) section of the lineup.

The majority of it is so mainstream it's unbelievable.  Seeing the same bands or even just knowing they're there and have been many times before is a yawnfest. Yes those you have just said are brilliant - but they are a tiny part of it. Bad year for glasto. Agree or disagree I'm not wanting an argument I'm just disappointed. 

1 minute ago, smiley33 said:

Anybody want my ticket?

It's not getting like V but you're more than entitled to your opinion of course. Judging by your profile, why don't you explore Glastonbury from a different perspective? The festival is a photographer's dream (which I'm sure you are fully aware), why not wander for five days taking photos, rather than basing it around the music? I think Glastonbury is the one festival you could act so spontaneously and have the best time

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

yeah I'm looking at the right poster...james blake, coldplay, fatboy, annie mac, muse, lumineers, etc etc etc...yawn. 

I love Glastonbury and I'm going to miss it this year but not paying my balance next week is a lot easier now.  I'm the first to say it's not about the music blah blah blah but this really is poor...I can't justify spending all that money and taking time off work to do it. End of. Next year hopefully will be different.  To be in the same field as coldplay and muse AGAIN is like dragging nails down a blackboard. 

Every year I think that the most agonising wait is the wait for the first poster.

Every year when the first poster drops I am quickly reminded that the most agonising wait is ACTUALLY the wait for the stage/day splits.

After the initial 'meh' (which happens every year), I'm pretty pleased with what's been announced - some lovely surprises (Sigur Ros, Ronnie Spector, Beck, EW&F), not tooo fussed by the headliners, but at Glasto that is usually a good thing.  Which stage do people think Underworld will be on?  Headlining the Other?

1 minute ago, JoBalls said:

Every year I think that the most agonising wait is the wait for the first poster.

Every year when the first poster drops I am quickly reminded that the most agonising wait is ACTUALLY the wait for the stage/day splits.

why is it agonising?

1 minute ago, smiley33 said:

I love Glastonbury and I'm going to miss it this year but not paying my balance next week is a lot easier now.  I'm the first to say it's not about the music blah blah blah but this really is poor...I can't justify spending all that money and taking time off work to do it. End of. Next year hopefully will be different.  To be in the same field as coldplay and muse AGAIN is like dragging nails down a blackboard. 

I've only been twice but comments like this totally baffle me. This is - as Emily said - a snippet of what's going to be there that weekend, and I've found that of those on the initial lineup poster, I end up seeing comparatively few acts. Even if I didn't like anyone on that poster, which would be hard to actually say given I haven't heard of all of them and DEFINITELY haven't heard music from all of them, there's still so much ground to cover, so many other things to do, so many unknown and unsigned acts to see, food to eat, drinks to drink, stupid hats to buy... I thought the whole point was it's a performing arts festival - go to the circus, go see a film! It makes me sad that it has to be "all about the music" because that's so not what it's supposed to be

10 minutes ago, smiley33 said:

The majority of it is so mainstream it's unbelievable.  Seeing the same bands or even just knowing they're there and have been many times before is a yawnfest. Yes those you have just said are brilliant - but they are a tiny part of it. Bad year for glasto. Agree or disagree I'm not wanting an argument I'm just disappointed. 

what bands were you hoping for?

If only HAIM were touring Europe earlier in the summer and Kendrick would stop dodging the place, Glasto would have booked everyone* around this summer who I'm interested in. Beck, TDCC, LCD Soundsystem, Chvrches, James Blake, Wolf Alice, Laura Mvula, The 1975, Lapsley.. so much fun to be had. They've done really well this year for my tastes. And unexpected gems like Cyndi Lauper and Madness will be magical too. Only makes it all the more agonising I'm out of the country! Well done Emily and team.

*everyone not of headline size, and the headlining trio are right up my street too so no complaints there either.

Edited by Zac Quinn

6 minutes ago, smiley33 said:

You're doing your username absolutely no justice.

1 minute ago, feline said:

I've only been twice but comments like this totally baffle me. This is - as Emily said - a snippet of what's going to be there that weekend, and I've found that of those on the initial lineup poster, I end up seeing comparatively few acts. Even if I didn't like anyone on that poster, which would be hard to actually say given I haven't heard of all of them and DEFINITELY haven't heard music from all of them, there's still so much ground to cover, so many other things to do, so many unknown and unsigned acts to see, food to eat, drinks to drink, stupid hats to buy... I thought the whole point was it's a performing arts festival - go to the circus, go see a film! It makes me sad that it has to be "all about the music" because that's so not what it's supposed to be

why do I want to go to a festival to sit in a tent and watch a film? Look, I've been so many times I know it inside out and I love that.   Why does it baffle you that I am bored of repeat acts? And so are a lot of people. I agree there's lots there but to pay that money and spending money and time off work just to know that yet again CP, Muse, FBSlim, Annie Mac, James Blake and all the others who do it year after year are going to be there makes me not want to.  I can't justify it. Last year was great - my best year was 2004 and I'm gutted I'm not going but it's not giving me a tickle. That's all. At least I'm putting my ticket back into the pile for someone else to have.