2016 Line Up Poster

wozwebs

I notice on Twitter people moaning no Beyoncé and others moaning no Radiohead - if you're trying to appease to both those demographics, as a festival ur on to a hiding to nothing. As already said people love a good moan It will be the spectacle it always is and loads for everyone if they look for it!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, SonOfTroyMcClure said:

Those people need their heads examined. What, they expected 2/3s of the 2011 headliners to return in the same year?

I didn't even realise Beyonce was something people were thinking...?

Anybody know if Catfish & the Bottlemen are likely? I would have thought it would be a good chance for them to show off the new album and have another go given the nightmare they had last year.

And for some reason I still had all my fingers crossed for the roses and am a little bit gutted by that - not sure what I was thinking!

9 minutes ago, feline said:

I didn't even realise Beyonce was something people were thinking...?

Anybody know if Catfish & the Bottlemen are likely? I would have thought it would be a good chance for them to show off the new album and have another go given the nightmare they had last year.

And for some reason I still had all my fingers crossed for the roses and am a little bit gutted by that - not sure what I was thinking!

Me either! Was just something people had spotted on Twitter.

As for Catfish - don't do anything for me BUT they were royally screwed by the weather last year. I wouldn't be stunned to see them in the second batch of announcements....maybe on the John Peel this time.

That said, Glasto might be waiting until next year after the second album has dropped.

Edited by SonOfTroyMcClure

2 minutes ago, SonOfTroyMcClure said:

Me either! Was just something people had spotted on Twitter.

As for Catfish - don't do anything for me BUT they were royally screwed by the weather last year. I wouldn't be stunned to see them in the second batch of announcements....maybe on the John Peel this time.

The weather AND the diarrhoea... Poor kids

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

The rain coming on during Catfish and the lads' set doesn't give count as unique ill fortune granting them the automatic right of return, given that there were also bands on on every other outdoor stage at the same time.....

Oh I know, that wasn't really what I was referring to though!

Very promising first poster. Of course there's plenty that we knew about from obsessing on here for months on end, but it seems like a nice variety of acts there - of course there are things on there that I'm not bothered about, but they're the acts that will make someone else's weekend. Just got to hope the clashes work out ok!

(and I'm still crossing my fingers for everyone that Radiohead will be there, even though I'm not that bothered - I'd definitely watch them though!)

Now, to the Spotify playlist to try out the acts I'm not familiar with! :)

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The rain coming on during Catfish and the lads' set doesn't count as unique ill fortune granting them automatic right of return - at least, not when there were also bands on on every other outdoor stage at the same time.....

Correct but they were (inexplicably) a proper "buzz" band last year and the set fell flat due to the weather. Wouldn't be too shocked to see them booked for a second attempt, considering there's a new album on the way and they're still (inexplicably) fairly "buzz"-y.

1 hour ago, Johnny Appleseed said:

Sigur Ros will be great and a few others will be cool but still feel the lineup is curated by a team of people who just react to what is currently mainstream and popular rather than setting the trend or go slightly leftfield. Compare it to Primavera and it's pretty laughable.

It's like the lineup has been chosen by a middle aged wedding DJ, choosing what he thinks is cool yet being really out of touch.

Surely the point of glastonbury is that it appeals to everyone? As much as I'd love the Primavera lineup at glastonbury, I know a ton of people that have no clue who half the bands are.

Like it or not, glastonbury is massively mainstream. Its for the bbc and radio 1 audience. 

I'd guess everyone that looks at that poster will have at least a few bands they'd get excited about. That's the point of the poster. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Has James Blake done owt to warrant a further punt up the line-up since headlining The Park 2 years back?

got a new album coming out soon which will no doubt do alright. wouldn't be surprised to see him headline JP though as that may be a more suitable bump up

3 minutes ago, SonOfTroyMcClure said:

Correct but they were (inexplicably) a proper "buzz" band last year and the set fell flat due to the weather. Wouldn't be too shocked to see them booked for a second attempt, considering there's a new album on the way and they're still (inexplicably) fairly "buzz"-y.

AND THE POO

edit: yeh I like them - sue me

Edited by feline