Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Blimey hope you're ok now :) I know how long bad injuries like that can take to properly heal! I take it you have a good pair of sturdy boots for this year? Good to hear it hasn't dampened your spirits (no pun intended :P

Fixed now, thank you - still plays up when it's damp or I've walked too far, but I went to last year's festival as crew on my own and am back again this year. I'm nervous in mud, obviously, but I'm confident this year will no worse than average, mudwise. 

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

I am setting my stall up tomorrow in the Field of avalon and I will have a mooch about report back to the thread.

The stall management bods have mailed us and asked us to arrive a bit later to give the site more time.  They have never done this before so the ground must be a bit soft.  This is only for cars chopping it up.  

I have been a bazillion times to glasto am optimistic it will be ok.  

7 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Absolute nonsense.  There have been worse weather years than this, no need to get hysterical.

Its ok, im having a Nal moment... In saying that, the forcast has gradually got worse in past few hours according to BBC.

Not awful but not quite the same.

27 minutes ago, Swine_Glasto2014 said:

Sunday into Monday is gonna destroy it...get ready for a cancellation

is this reality or has someone simply lost their shit ?

Am I the only one who doesn't mind if it's muddy as long as the weather is dry while we're actually there? I can cope with not sitting down as long as I'm not also getting soaked at the same time.

Plus if it rains too much my alcohol gets diluted. 

No, I am the same, but as much as I hate to admit it the emerging picture is that it's all taken a turn for @The Nal style gloom, 2 bands of heavier rain followed by light rain over the following days.  Sadly you cant argue with the satellite pics, what will be will be.